Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
goal kick
goal kick
Congrats to Socastee and their win tonight and good luck on Saturday...

FYI, the majority of Socastee's players play with Coast FA, and a couple of them are playing for Bridge FA.

C
kick off
kick off
C
First off good game to Socastee... But i would like to say that i haven't seen anything more classless than what i saw tonite at the game.After Socastee won the game they ran over to a bunch of signs Chapin fans made and tore them down. I think the win was enough you don't have to go and celebrate by ripping the opponents signs down.Celebrate with your teamates and enjoy the win.

goal kick
goal kick
Hats off to Socastee, they came ready to play and embarassed us at home. As far as the post-game celebrations, we (chapin) had some signs that, if i was an opposing side i would have been fired up against as well, was it necessary to rip them down, i don't think so, but they celebrated rightfully so and hopefully with some miracle will bring a state championship to the lower state for the first time in ages. I was also impressed to see our region rivals B-C at the game, i do not know if they were supporting us but they showed up and that just shows that they have class and that soccer is sport where rivals can cheer each other on as long as they are not facing each other.

Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic.
S
bench
bench
S
As a Socastee parent, the sportsmanship goes both ways. I think there was alot of emotions on the field tonight , and both teams wanted to win. However two wrongs don't make a right. The BRAVES....or COWARDS should have never been placed on the fence and the the boys should have left it alone. However both teams played hard tonight. Hats off to the Chapin guys for a great season and Good Luck to the Braves on Saturday.

S
throw in
throw in
S
Quote:

yeah socastee has some great forwards and is a solid team, but they are trash when it comes to sportsmanship, I was stunned to see them win such a hard fought game and then tear down the chapin fan's signs

Socastee does not have a problem with Sportsmanship at all. It seems to me that the fans were out of line with the sign to begin with. Coach Suarez for Socastee runs a tight ship with his players especially when it comes to sportsmanship. If they did not want the sign removed then they should not have made it to begin with. Actually if I were there and saw the sign at any point during the game, I would have as a fan...deliberately removed the sign myself . There is no call for a sign like that anyway...Socastee players nor the fans have ever made a sign like that. It is at the very least rude, crude, and thoughtless. Those who made the sign ought to be ashamed of themselves !

kick off
kick off
its not like those signs werent going in the trash anyways.. i recall a certain fan, "we worked hard on those signs". what? are u gunna fold them up and save them for the next time that chapin plays socastee. i agree, the sportsmanship goes both ways, as the sign should not have been placed anywhere, let alone on the socastee (visitor) side of the field. But, as said earlier, the win may have been enough and leaving the excessive celebration out of it would have been a better decision

---Wammy---
kick off
kick off
sideline,,,
not just you, but it has been said that Socastee was going to get "punished" for the past few games now. Dont you think that they have earned a little more respect?

---Wammy---
S
throw in
throw in
S
yea well they havn't played anyone good in the lowerstate considering there are no good teams in 3a lowerstate, and considering how everyone said dreher was great last year and we punished them in the finals and didn't even really play that well...no....Greenville 4-0

kick off
kick off
Yea buddy, that was Dreher, this is Socastee your talkin about. Two different teams, two different years, anything is bound to happen

Umma Do Me, So Watch Me Do Me
C
bench
bench
C
I would like to say that i think it was a great, well fought game from both teams last night. I dont think the score justifies chapin and the great game they played it was very close on the field socastee just capitilized on their oppurtunities better then chapin. After the game there was strong emotions on both teams. Socastee players running over and ripping off a signs reading "Braves... or cowards? and "CHS future lowerstate champs" As a socastee player these signs were offensive especially being placed on the visitors side. But it doesnt justify socastee players actions of ripping them off. on behalf of socastee players i would like to apologize for this classless disrespectful act it was un called for and reflected socastee to have no sportsmanship which is not the case, it was just a poor emotional choice. Good luck to socastee in States and congrats to chapin on a great season!

Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard