Print Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14
#86810 05/10/07 04:24 AM
S
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
S
Think Socastee will win this one...how about everyone else?

Winner?
single choice
Socastee (42%, 13 Votes)
Greenville (58%, 18 Votes)
Total Votes: 31
Voting on this poll ends: 05/12/07 09:00 PM
C
corner kick
corner kick
C
Greenville 3-1. Might not be the score, but it is definately coming back to the Upstate. No doubt.

"Quit ball watchin' son!"
S
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
S
I think it will be 2-1 Socastee.

kick off
kick off
I think that, with the momentum that socastee has produced throughout the season (not that greenville doesnt have momentum) will contribute to their performance and make this match, closer than expected.

---Wammy---
S
throw in
throw in
S
Greenville 4-0

B
bench
bench
B
im deff pullin for socastee..brinh it home!!

kick off
kick off
I think it will end up being Socastee 1-0

Umma Do Me, So Watch Me Do Me
L
bench
bench
L
It will not be a shutout against Socastee not with their fowards and midfielders.

They see me Rollin!
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Blair Rushing will have his hands full with Clark and Watson...but I doubt if anyone from Socastee can mark Velasquez(except possibly Belair)...Greenville 4-2.

G
throw in
throw in
G
Greenville 5-1. Greenville is just too good.

C
Brace
Brace
C
CAN YOU SAY SPEED! Untill you play aginst him,#3, you do not relize how fast he is! Good luck catching him.

S
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
S
nicely put...

C
kick off
kick off
C
I say Greenville 3 or 4-1 greenville will be too much for them

G
goal kick
goal kick
G
Riverside knocking Greenville off last year I believe has proved beneficial for Greenville this year. In the first RHS vs. GHS game last year GHS dominated play and got an easy 4 - 0 result. RHS responded with a "no pressure" attitude in last years playoff and played with a ton of pride and pulled off a huge win and the eventual championship. I believe that loss made Greenville realize that even a great team (which they were/are) is beatable. I believe that realization will push Greenville over Socastee. This is probably an unfair statement because I know nothing about Socastee. At this level of play the difference between winning and losing is relatively small. RHS has a fanatastic season with their only two loses coming against GHS (1-0, 3-1).

I wish both teams the best of luck in the finals and the one that gets those fews breaks their way will be the ones celebrating at Stone Field on Saturday.

To the Socastee players...leave it all on the field...no one outside of your core group is probably expecting you to win and if you do like RHS did last year...no one will ever beable to take the win away from you.

To the RHS boys...especially the seniors...thanks for a great 4 years...you all have a lot to be proud of.

Go Warriors!!!!!

GVLSoccerDad
kick off
kick off
i dont see how every one of you, "upstate fans" can automatically assume that it is coming back to the upstate. Neither teams have merely seen each other play and maybe you should wait before you make assumptions

---Wammy---
S
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
S
Has anyone making the predictions that Greenville is gonna blow Socastee out ever seen Socastee play...in particular their front line and their midfield? Somehow I doubt it! One thing I can say, it definately wont be by three or four goals. The differential will be a goal or two max(In Socastees favor). The front line is very fast...all of you that are predicting a big win for Greenville underestimate Socastee. Most from Chapin thought that it was gonna be an "easy" win too...look where that got them. Nowhere! I am just saying give Socastee the respect that they are long overdue...it will be a close game for sure.

S
bench
bench
S
I love a good soccer game...and this should prove to be a great one.

Good luck to both teams. I hope both teams show much strength, speed, agility, and professionalism on and off the field...for this is what makes a great game and a man even greater.

Love from Soccer Mom.

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
All I have to say is...strange.

Stuff White People Like: #589 - Guy Fieri
world cup
world cup
mom,

You may want to leave the little ones at home. I'm smelling back-to-back carnage in the Boys 3A and 4A finals.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
G
goal kick
goal kick
G
SHSsoccer...I certainly don't believe that Socastee will get blown out and you are 100% correct...I don't know a thing about your team. I wish them the best of luck and I'll actually go out on a limb and predict you guys winning 3 - 2 in OT. Being from Greenville and seeing Greenville play it would be very easy to go with them because they are very talented.

Good luck.

GVLSoccerDad
G
throw in
throw in
G
Quote:

i dont see how every one of you, "upstate fans" can automatically assume that it is coming back to the upstate. Neither teams have merely seen each other play and maybe you should wait before you make assumptions

Lighten up! It was just a prediction. I have seen Greenville and they are pretty good. I have not heard of Socastee, but I am sure they are a very talented side based on where they ended up. Would you feel better if I said Greenvile 2-1?

kick off
kick off
No prediction is goin to make anyone happy... why dont we just wait to see the outcome of Saturdays game...

---Wammy---
B
kick off
kick off
B
But the whole point of this thread is for predictions... so here is mine Socastee 2-1

kick off
kick off
good point...

---Wammy---
G
throw in
throw in
G
Quote:

No prediction is goin to make anyone happy... why dont we just wait to see the outcome of Saturdays game...

Ok. Socastee 5-1. I wouldn't want you to be unhappy! Oh @#$ now I am unhappy.

T
bench
bench
T
as much as i hate to say it soc. is good. best one two punch at forward ive seen in a while. you can definately expect at least one goal out of them. the center mid is good espcially in the air. goalie might been a question mark. greenville will definatley get its chances and the goalie for socastee will have to make some saves

4-3 socastee

kick off
kick off
the only reason i posted that is because a previos post read, "automatically coming back to the upstate for sure"

---Wammy---
G
throw in
throw in
G
Nothing in soccer is automatic. Better teams lose all the time(not saying Greenville is better since I have not seen Socastee) That is why they play the game. Good luck to Socastee.

goal kick
goal kick
After losing to Socastee last night i really hope that they can pull it off, it will be a very tough test for them against a GREAT Greenville team, i cannot predict scores or anything i can only hope that it is a great game, and best of luck to both teams

Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic.
C
kick off
kick off
C
Nobody from Chapin thought it was going to be an "easy" win i don't see where you came up with that. Everybody thought it was going to be a close and interesting game. Chapin blew their chances while Socastee finished theirs.

E
goal kick
goal kick
E
there is a huge strength of schedule difference. if you look at the teams gville has played, and beat, then logically the game should be a blowout.

Im sure socastee will play their hardest but i just dont think they can compete with greenville

one can be beaten, two can defend themselves, but a a strand of three is not easily defeated
throw in
throw in
Greenville 3-0 or 3-1 like they did to everybody during the playoffs

"DON'T HATE THE PLAYER, HATE THE GAME THE PLAYER PLAYS"
kick off
kick off
All I can say is its gonna be a great game and could go either way. Both sides have so much going for them. Can't wait to see the result

S
kick off
kick off
S
Greenville will win no doubt. score... im not really sure, but something like 3-1 or 3-0.... it seems to be a trend. beat JL Mann 3-0, Eastside 3-0 and riverside 3-1, and about to beat Socastee 3-0 or 3-1. And Socastee is no better than any of those teams. It should be a good game because both teams want it really bad, but NO ONE is beating Greenville.

Last edited by SoccaPapa1; 05/11/07 12:43 AM.

Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard
G
bench
bench
G
Greenville will win Socastee doesn't have a chance. Socastee might come out strong 1st half.but gville will find back of the net somehow and then 2nd half Socastee will drop their heads.

kick off
kick off
Socastee Never Drops Their Heads...Sorry to Disappoint You

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
Greenville will win because they are a better overall team. Everyone from Socastee has talked about how their forwards and midfield is very good. Well I'm guessing that means their defense is decent, maybe good at best. Greenville also had very good forwards and midfield, but they have a very good defense and that will be the difference. Greenville has only been held to 1 goal once against Riverside (i'm just guessing, didn't actually research it). More than likely they will score 3 or 4 in the finals just as they did in their other playoff games. Although Socastee has a great offense, they will probably only be able to score 3 at the most on such a good defense. I don't think I need to see Socastee play to determine that Greenville will win; I think Greenville can outscore ya'll because they have a solid team in every way (bench is kinda weak). You talk about these players we haven't seen that are awesome. I dont doubt that they are great players, but Greenville has them TOO! Um Sebastian, Kleckley, Orders, Rushton, Rushing, etc.? They could shock ya'll just as much as you think you'll shock them. Although Socastee has a good offense, Greenville's offense is JUST as good. But Greenville has an definate edge on defense, and thats is why they will win. It will be a great game though, not a blowout.

kick off
kick off
...Very well put and understood...

S
throw in
throw in
S
no it will be a blowout..3 or more goals...im sayin Greenville by 4

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
Maybe so, but if the Socastee team is as good as the 2005 team it could be close. Even though Eastside should have won by more in that game.

S
throw in
throw in
S
yea i went to that game and i almost fell asleep with how much possesion eastside had in that game(man they were a great team), then like the riverside championship game last year they subs fell asleep last five minutes and gave up a goal

C
bench
bench
C
you say if socastee is as good as the 2005 team then it will be close. Socastee has 3 times the talent and skill now then they did in 2005. It is going to be an excellent game. MY PREDICTION: socastee 3 greenville 2

Last edited by choclitblucocont; 05/11/07 04:51 AM.
C
bench
bench
C
Socastee should have won that game in 2005 if you recall they lost their starting keeper due to and injury in lowerstate chapionship game if they had their starting keeper it would have been a state chapionship win for socastee no doubt. but i believe they will make up for it this year

S
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
S
Quote:

Socastee should have won that game in 2005 if you recall they lost their starting keeper due to and injury in lowerstate chapionship game if they had their starting keeper it would have been a state chapionship win for socastee no doubt. but i believe they will make up for it this year

Yes indeed they should have won in 2005. The keeper they had that year was Matt Abee. I knew him personally. He was the primary reason why they won that game. As it turns out, he played most of the last 20-25 minutes with a ruptured spleen. After the game was finished he just collapsed to the ground. The only thing he was running on was adrenaline. Now I can honestly say that he had more heart than just about anyone I have ever known. It would be nice to see that type of heart again one of these days...sooner rather than later.

kick off
kick off
Quote:

Greenville will win no doubt. score... im not really sure, but something like 3-1 or 3-0.... it seems to be a trend. beat JL Mann 3-0, Eastside 3-0 and riverside 3-1, and about to beat Socastee 3-0 or 3-1. And Socastee is no better than any of those teams. It should be a good game because both teams want it really bad, but NO ONE is beating Greenville.

Socastee is no better than anybody in the playoffs?.?.? hmmm...

---Wammy---
brace
brace
Eastside, Riverside, and Greenville are three of the very top teams in the state, not just 3A. If Greenville can beat both Riverside and Eastside with solid scores, and only give up a few goals all season, then it's going to be a very tough task for Socastee, no matter how good their forwards are. Greenville is solid the entire way around, both in their players and in their coaching. While I'll be the first to admit that anything can happen in a soccer game and that you must let it play on the field, I just don't think that Socastee will be able to pull it off.

kick off
kick off
Quote:

Quote:

Yes indeed they should have won in 2005. The keeper they had that year was Matt Abee. I knew him personally. He was the primary reason why they won that game. As it turns out, he played most of the last 20-25 minutes with a ruptured spleen. After the game was finished he just collapsed to the ground. The only thing he was running on was adrenaline. Now I can honestly say that he had more heart than just about anyone I have ever known. It would be nice to see that type of heart again one of these days...sooner rather than later.

Another thing about the championship game in 2005 is that the keeper that Socastee started with was not a keeper at all. Drew Kiser was a defender that just had quick reflexes and that is the reason why they stuck him in goal after Matt ruptured his spleen. Then after being scored on three times Coach Memo pulled him out and put him as a forward where Drew continued to score 2 goals. Now if that is not coming back to show heart after being scored on or what. You can't say socastee is gonna have its heads down, even with a 3-0 deficit at half time. Thats one thing you can not hold against socastee. I have a feeling socastee is gonna show that heart tomarrow at the game and will be able to pull off a win.

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
God dern brothers creapin up top through the cut with some yams.

Stuff White People Like: #589 - Guy Fieri
I
kick off
kick off
I
my best friend ruptured matt's spleen. Socastee could have and should have won two years ago.

C
bench
bench
C
Socastee had a real unfortunate loss in 05 but i have a feeling that they are going to make up for it this year and come out on top. No doubt they will deffinately have to play an outstanding game which they can do. They are a clutch team, and always perform to their best when it counts the most.

Last edited by choclitblucocont; 05/11/07 03:28 PM.
kick off
kick off
Agreed and socastee is gonna bring all that have and hopefully greenville too so that way we can see who really is the better of the two teams. Its going to be a great match and i hope everyone brings it all

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
Quote:

Quote:

No way should Socastee have won that game. The goals Eastside scored weren't like shots right at the keeper that he deflected right into the goal. They got murdered in the first half with respect to possession, chances, and goals. They got beat in the second half too on possession and chances. Their two quick goals were just lapses in the play of Eastside. Eastside was dominating so much they probably didn't even expect Socastee to attack until it already happened. Socastee should have won the game? Not a chance in hell. Socastee could have won the game if they had their keeper? No Eastside should have had more goals but missed their chances, and the keeper wouldn't have made a big difference.

C
bench
bench
C
Look this thread is about this years socastee team and tomorrows game so this is my last post about 05. but i know for a fact that game would have had a different outcome if Matt Abee was in the goal. socastee started a senior drew kiser, who has a great mental aspect of the game quick reflexes and is a very athletic strong player but he was not a goalkeeper. if you recall after being scored on 2 kiser who would have been starting in the defense, went up top and scored to goals. it wasnt just that socastee lost their keeper but also that they had to rearrange everyone else so they could pick up the slack. with Abee it would have been a whole different Game guaranteed!

Last edited by choclitblucocont; 05/11/07 04:07 PM.
G
goal kick
goal kick
G
"Should have won"...what a common statement on this site.

GVLSoccerDad
C
corner kick
corner kick
C
Eastside would have raped them regardless like they did in possession and chances. Eastside did what it took to win, but they could have made it worse. Oh yeah, Eastside lost its best forward in the game due to a second torn ACL. WOW it would have been a whole different game if he could've stayed in to make Socastee defenders look like fools.
So I recall you saying this Socastee team is 3x better than 2005. In that case, they could win because the Greenville team is not 3x better than the Eastside one. If my calculations are correct Socastee > Greenville.

C
bench
bench
C
yes it definately is going to be an excellent showing of both teams greenville is very strong these year I personally have not seen them play but their record shows their skill. But I am confident that socastee has the personel to get the job done and bring it back to the lowerstate. Should be a great game. Im predicting
Socastee:3 Greenville:2

brace
brace
Quote:

yes it definately is going to be an excellent showing of both teams greenville is very strong these year I personally have not seen them play but their record shows their skill. But I am confident that socastee has the personel to get the job done and bring it back to the lowerstate. Should be a great game. Im predicting

So you think that Socastee is going to score as many goals in one game that Greenville has given up all season, and against strong competition?

I won't say it's impossible but that sounds like wishful thinking to me.

B
kick off
kick off
B
you really can't compare the 2005 Socastee to the 2007 Socastee. In '05 Socastee was a defensive powerhouse though the final score didnt show it...this year is the complete opposite.

kick off
kick off
I don't think that it will be that high scoring of a game. Yet anything is possible, as said before it will either be a 1-0 or 2-1 game. But its still unclear who could be for sure winner but i'm pullin for socastee.

S
throw in
throw in
S
wow...first of all that game in 05-it wouldn't have mattered if socastee had 3 keepers...eastside dominated that year and maybe were one of the best teams in sc history.....and as far as the game this year i really hope you socastee players and fans have some good excuses saved up, because after they beat yall by atleast 3 goals youll need them......i've noticed this trend where every year in 3a the lowerstate talks all this nonsense before the game then get beat and make excuses

S
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
S
Quote:

Quote:

So you think that Socastee is going to score as many goals in one game that Greenville has given up all season, and against strong competition?

I won't say it's impossible but that sounds like wishful thinking to me.

Well, wishful thinking...hmmmm....Wando(23-5) scored one goal on them, Riverside(23-2-2) scored one goal, and last but not least Woodmont a (3-15) team even scored one goal on them. So Socastee putting up three is no impossible or even improbable. You all will just have to see tomorrow night now won't we!

S
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
S
Quote:

wow...first of all that game in 05-it wouldn't have mattered if socastee had 3 keepers...eastside dominated that year and maybe were one of the best teams in sc history.....and as far as the game this year i really hope you socastee players and fans have some good excuses saved up, because after they beat yall by atleast 3 goals youll need them......i've noticed this trend where every year in 3a the lowerstate talks all this nonsense before the game then get beat and make excuses

You will soon eat the words of that prediction because Socastee is not going to need any of your excuses as to why they have won. You will need some and I am sure you are gonna come up with something justifiable.

G
goal kick
goal kick
G
SHSsoccer...Greenville only allowed 3 goals last year (I believe) and Riverside scored 4 against them last year to knock them out. I believe you need to score on them first and make them play from behind and under pressure...they haven't had to do that. Like I said in an earlier post...I think that RHS beating them last year as helped them this year...no one is going to roll over for them and I wish you guys luck. There is nothing like winning a game that no one expects you to.

GVLSoccerDad
brace
brace
SHS,

I hate to tell you this but that the most they have given up in ONE game is ONE goal. Even if you happen to score more than that (which is doubtful) your defense will have to stop Sebastian and friends. Something which I don't believe you can do, but as you have said, tomorrow is when we will see.

goal kick
goal kick
no question in this one the upper state is so much better in soccer when it comes to the season and playoffs over the past few years... socastee is not good enough to keep up with greenville and apparently no one in this state is since they havent lost this year

greenvile 4 or 5 to 1

C
bench
bench
C
Greenville by at least 2. No matter how "good" socastee's two forwards are. Greenville's keeper isn't that great i would say that is their "weak spot",(if there is one). Greenville's keeper wont have to worry though, they have a stacked defense.

F
bench
bench
F
so it looks like it comes down to heart vs skill. greenville has more individual talent throughout the team, and socastee has the motivation of being the underdog. im not questioning greenvilles heart. an undefeated season and only being scored on three times shows they know how to maintain focus and play through the problems that always occur for any team. and im not questioning socastee's skill. justin watson is capable of beating any player in the state one on one, and bobby belair and topher pecora will not quit. i know socastee respects greenville, i hope greenville respects socastee or it might come back to haunt them. should be a great game, probably high scoring, but im gonna say socastee pulls it out in the end, with a late goal.

S
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
S
Quote:

Greenville by at least 2. No matter how "good" socastee's two forwards are. Greenville's keeper isn't that great i would say that is their "weak spot",(if there is one). Greenville's keeper wont have to worry though, they have a stacked defense.

I hope you remember that Socastee shut you out! You have just about zero room to talk about how "bad" we are. Not to mention the fact that just about everyone thought that Chapin was gonna win, most predictions had Chapin by two goals...I wonder where that went. Let me also remind you that the Socastee front line picked your defense apart(Watson in particular). I expect we will work on picking the Greenville defense apart every minute of the match. Good luck catching the #3! It ought to be a really interesting game.

S
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
S
Quote:

SHS,

I hate to tell you this but that the most they have given up in ONE game is ONE goal. Even if you happen to score more than that (which is doubtful) your defense will have to stop Sebastian and friends. Something which I don't believe you can do, but as you have said, tomorrow is when we will see.

Keep doubting, but you will see. Did I forget to mention that Socastee has been stingy as far as allowing goals(only 26 all year) I don't think Sebastian will be too much of a problem. Conbine that with the remarkable front line tandem and a great midfield...we hold the winning hand. Thanks for your vote of confidence.

S
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
S
Quote:

no question in this one the upper state is so much better in soccer when it comes to the season and playoffs over the past few years... socastee is not good enough to keep up with greenville and apparently no one in this state is since they havent lost this year

greenvile 4 or 5 to 1

The winds of change are setting sail, it is coming to Lower State this year. Greenville will meet their match with Socastee. You said, "haven't lost this year". I would say that they haven't lost YET! This will be their one loss!

S
throw in
throw in
S
just keep running your mouth shs ...sitting here and saying that beating chapin makes you an honorable team to play Greenville is a joke incuding the fact the letting in 26 goals on that schedule is rubbish...you just really have no clue how good this team can be and you are gonna be eating your words and making excuses after the game. Yall aren't even one of the top 5 teams in the state but because you play no competition you have a high rank and think you can run your mouth...have fun gettin raped tonight

P
corner kick
corner kick
P
Am I the only one getting tired of reading SHSsoccer try to build his team up? How annoying, just go play the game!

S
kick off
kick off
S
shssoccer is a joke. Probably just a socastee water boy or bench warmer that hopes to get a state ring for doing nothing. Too bad theres no chance that he will get it. sideline24 is right... socastee isnt even a top 5 team, yall play no body... justin watson is good but blair can handle anybody. And to say your not worried about sebastian is a huge mistake. Yall havent ever seen a player like sebastian, and your eyes will be opened once you do. Greenville doesnt talk junk like socastee, they are confident, yall are arrogant, they are good, yall are bad, they will score 4 or 5 yall will score 0. Greenville lets their play speak for itself, they dont have to talk, 26-0 speaks for itself.

S
throw in
throw in
S
so much for socastee pullin the upset...i guess shssoccer was too busy passing out water and not takin it too Greenville like he said he would. Hah, he just had no clue that they were on a different level.

S
kick off
kick off
S
Quote:

Like i said... 3-1... Shssoccer just wasted a lot of time making himself look foolish haha, but sounded like it was a hard fought match, well done Socastee and espcially GREENVILLE on the perfect season

P
kick off
kick off
P
I thought, as most people did, that this game would be a blowout. I came to the game just to watch Greenville play, and I was sadly diappointed in their performance. I liked the play out of their center back Blair, he saved them twice in the span of about two minutes from socastee scoring, and was an absolute beast in the air. But the other positions on the field i was disappointed. Sebastian had one goal really, along with two own goals caused by him. His real goal was wide open. Somehow Greenville had three people onsides against the last man, probably didn't step up with the rest of the team, and Sebastian tucked it away side netting left footed (is he left footed?). Overall Greenville recovered from a goal deficit and deserves the state championship, but from their performance today i am suprised they did not lose a game in the season.

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
Quote:

they are good, yall are bad, they will score 4 or 5 yall will score 0.

You also predicted this but probably because you were tired of hearing SHSsoccer and wanted to anger him more.

PKspot, Yes Sebastian is left-footed. I thought it would be obvious by watching him. Although he is good with both feet, I dont think he is that good. Figured he would be the difference again...and Socastee thought he wouldn't be a big deal!!

goal kick
goal kick
sebastian looked the defenders look foolish all night an especially on greenvilles 3rd (socastees second own goal)

did his cousin end up taking them to frankies?

S
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
S
Quote:

I thought, as most people did, that this game would be a blowout. I came to the game just to watch Greenville play, and I was sadly diappointed in their performance. I liked the play out of their center back Blair, he saved them twice in the span of about two minutes from socastee scoring, and was an absolute beast in the air. But the other positions on the field i was disappointed. Sebastian had one goal really, along with two own goals caused by him. His real goal was wide open. Somehow Greenville had three people onsides against the last man, probably didn't step up with the rest of the team, and Sebastian tucked it away side netting left footed (is he left footed?). Overall Greenville recovered from a goal deficit and deserves the state championship, but from their performance today i am suprised they did not lose a game in the season.

From where I was sitting, the only reason Greenville won was much in thanks to Blair and a couple mental mistakes from Socastee. All told, it was a relatively even match. I was not impressed with Sebastian really at all. Also for the record and to clarify for the previous posters...I am not a "waterboy" or a "bench warmer". I do NOT even play for Socastee however, I do know people there and I have seen them play throughout the season. I hope that clears things up a bit for the ignorant people who fail to get their information strait. Also for the record, I really don't care what everyone posting here from the UpState thinks about me personally. You might think I made a fool out of myself for expressing MY opinion...like I said...I don't care. The fact remains that the mental mistakes from Socastee can be ironed out over time...they are a young squad. I doubt if Greenville will make another showing at State for a couple of years at least. Socastee will be back next year. With respect to the comment about Socastee "not playin nobody", We played one less ranked team than Greenville(that was pretty even about like the game). Also, it probably wouldn't be a bad idea for Socastee to play teams from the upstate like Eastside, Riverside, and Greenville more often in the future. Congrats to Greenville on the perfect 27-0 season. You better get acquainted with the Socastee name because you can be sure to see the Socastee (22-3) Braves again soon!

Last edited by SHSsoccer; 05/13/07 06:46 AM.
S
kick off
kick off
S
Yeah, as a disinterested Columbia soccer fan I have to agree with that a lot of that assessment. Greenville was nothing like I had been told and expected, and I thought the two strikers for Socastee (3 and 8?) looked far more dangerous than any individual for Greenville.

Overall, I thought Greenville won because Socastee was disorganized in the back and failed to recover on transition.

W
goal kick
goal kick
W
SHSsoccer please stop talking. You lost and please stop talking trash about how good Socastee will be in the future because you just don't know what will happen. Also, please learn to spell you had a few blatantly misspelled words. Thanks, and congrats to Greenville for the championship, and well done Socastee for a good season.

S
corner kick
corner kick
S
First off congrats to Greenville for a perfect season. Secondly, I just wanted to say that this was the first time I had seen Sebastian play and to be honest he did not impress me as much as I though he would. He is a great player but I didn't see any flash of brilliance that would make me take him over Enzo. Might have just been the game who knows.

P
kick off
kick off
P
Yes the two strikers for Socastee were very dangerous, and it was a pretty goal by #3. Sebastian seemed to benefit from the individual mental mistakes of Socastee, he has a good touch, and is quick. Put a solid marking back on him and Greenville's attack would struggle, good effort by Socastee, but nevertheless great season Greenville and congratulations on the State Championship.

S
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
S
Quote:

Yeah, as a disinterested Columbia soccer fan I have to agree with that a lot of that assessment. Greenville was nothing like I had been told and expected, and I thought the two strikers for Socastee (3 and 8?) looked far more dangerous than any individual for Greenville.

Overall, I thought Greenville won because Socastee was disorganized in the back and failed to recover on transition.

Thanks...it is nice to see some people still respect peoples opinion every so often.

S
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
S
Quote:

SHSsoccer please stop talking. You lost and please stop talking trash about how good Socastee will be in the future because you just don't know what will happen. Also, please learn to spell you had a few blatantly misspelled words. Thanks, and congrats to Greenville for the championship, and well done Socastee for a good season.

No, I will not stop talking. I can and will say anything I want(within reason). That is not to say you must agree with me but you have that right and I have mine! Who cares if I misspelled something (tip: no one does). Everyone has misspelled something before so, get over it or go somewhere else and complain about that.

S
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
S
Quote:

First off congrats to Greenville for a perfect season. Secondly, I just wanted to say that this was the first time I had seen Sebastian play and to be honest he did not impress me as much as I though he would. He is a great player but I didn't see any flash of brilliance that would make me take him over Enzo. Might have just been the game who knows.

I would say Enzo is the better player overall.

brace
brace
Where are all those goals that Socastee was supposed to score?

S
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
S
Quote:

I never said Socastee was gonna score alot of goals against Greenville. I said it was gonna be a close game and that there would be a goal or two difference max. That was exactly what happened.

S
throw in
throw in
S
I recently stated that Socastee would lose and then make excuses and talk crap just like every other lowerstate team that loses in 3a, well i guess some things never change:

SHSsoccer: The fact remains that the mental mistakes from Socastee can be ironed out over time...they are a young squad. I doubt if Greenville will make another showing at State for a couple of years at least. Socastee will be back next year. With respect to the comment about Socastee "not playin nobody", We played one less ranked team than Greenville(that was pretty even about like the game). Also, it probably wouldn't be a bad idea for Socastee to play teams from the upstate like Eastside, Riverside, and Greenville more often in the future.

G
bench
bench
G
Poor taste. 'greenvillesoccer16' will be banned now.

Last edited by Kyle Heise; 05/13/07 08:36 PM.
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
who are you greenville soccer16

2004-07 #1 in Nation
G
bench
bench
G
Poor content!

Last edited by Kyle Heise; 05/13/07 06:13 PM.
brace
brace
Quote:

Quote:

I never said Socastee was gonna score alot of goals against Greenville. I said it was gonna be a close game and that there would be a goal or two difference max. That was exactly what happened.

No, you just spent your time talking crap. You're exactly the reason why coaches ban their players from posting on this board because all you did was talk smack and give fuel to the opposition. Be proud of your team, but don't be disrespectful of others.

P
corner kick
corner kick
P
Can this thread just be deleted and can all these Socastee players talking just be banned forever?

S
kick off
kick off
S
3A upperstate will always win.....there just to strong for the lowerstate teams

C
bench
bench
C
SHSsoccer, see what happens when you build your team up to be somthing that they're not......Congratulations Greenville on an undefeated season.

F
bench
bench
F
SHSsoccer has already said hes not a player so why should the socastee players be banned? which one of their players has said anything adsurd or whiny? just because your team didnt make it coladad9 doesnt mean other people shouldnt talk. dont lump the socastee players in with people like SHSsoccer, whoever he is. worry about your own team, obviously they have some work to do if they want to top socastee

F
bench
bench
F
and yes congratulations to greenville, an undefeated season and a defensive record such as theirs is an accomplishment i doubt this state will see again for a long time.

B
throw in
throw in
B
Sebastian is not that good... he only scored 3 goals in the state championship game, not a big deal. haha yall cant be serious. Sebastian is transfering to Eastside next in the fall, they lost 0 seniors. Riverside will still be competitive even tho they are losing 10 seniors, some of them dont start and riverside lost 2 of their best players that should return next year, and they return their whole defense. Socastee seems like they will be strong next year, returning a good core of players. But it will be tough for anyone to match greenvilles perfect season, Sebastian is sensational... everyone knows it, you cant talk down on a guy that got a hat-trick in the state championship game, you just cant

everyone is a lil bias, im realistic.
C
corner kick
corner kick
C
yeah greenvillesoccer16 isn't from Greenville. Sebastian is great. He is transfering to Eastside next year. Socastee may be good next year but it is definately coming back to the upstate. Eastside will win. If not, Riverside will be the team to go to state and beat the pitiful lowerstate. SHSsoccer, quit using words like "we", that gives away the fact you're on the team.

brace
brace
Quote:

Sebastian is not that good... he only scored 3 goals in the state championship game, not a big deal. haha yall cant be serious. Sebastian is transfering to Eastside next in the fall, they lost 0 seniors. Riverside will still be competitive even tho they are losing 10 seniors, some of them dont start and riverside lost 2 of their best players that should return next year, and they return their whole defense. Socastee seems like they will be strong next year, returning a good core of players. But it will be tough for anyone to match greenvilles perfect season, Sebastian is sensational... everyone knows it, you cant talk down on a guy that got a hat-trick in the state championship game, you just cant

If Sebastian really is transferring to Eastside, I expect them to be the favorites for the next two years in 3A. That team is loaded with young excellent young talent. Riverside will challenge them with a very strong Senior class, but my money is on Eastside for upper state. I expect Chapin and Socastee to be there for lower state.

kick off
kick off
Quote:

Can this thread just be deleted and can all these Socastee players talking just be banned forever?

Ok so far I have looked at this thread and lemme tell all of you people something. I AM THE FIRST PLAYER TO POST FROM THE SOCASTEE TEAM. SHSSoccer is not on the team. So leave Socastee players out of this. this is between y'all and him. And personally games over, let it be. No one has made one freakin excuse from the team. So there you go. No excuses. Now shut up about the Socastee team. And when he says "we" he means Socastee as a whole. He's an alumni. He graduated there a while ago. I'm tired of this crap.

kick off
kick off
Thats for Cabj, Chapin2 or whatever and Coladad. Just for you!

P
kick off
kick off
P
Sebastian was great, although 2 of his goals were own goals, but I would definitely pick Enzo over him. Those two guys up top for Socastee looked great as well, does anyone know their names, how come they haven't gotten any recognition?

C
kick off
kick off
C
# 3 is Justin Watson and #8 is Orlando Clarke. They have gotten recognition Justin made the all-state team and Orlando hasn't made a much recognition but they are both good forwards with a lot to look forward to.

S
kick off
kick off
S
Watson is a sophomore right? he plays Bridge '90 Gold? What about Clarke who does he play for?

Last edited by SoccaPapa1; 05/13/07 09:09 PM.

throw in
throw in
Wow why Enzo over C-bass

Goal Kick
Goal Kick
c bass is the truth

2004-07 #1 in Nation
K
bench
bench
K
i'm startin to get sick of this arguing of whos better, enzo or sebastian, i know i was a part of it for a little bit, but in the end who really cares there both great and probably about the same skill wise, its probably who ever you,ve seen play more that you think is better or who ever you like more

P
kick off
kick off
P
Enzo has a better hair cut, hands down.

C
kick off
kick off
C
Watson is a sophomore right? he plays Bridge '90 Gold? What about Clarke who does he play for?

If i believe Clarke is a junior but i don't think that he plays club and if he does i don't know who he plays for, and Watson is a soph and he plays for Bridge.

B
throw in
throw in
B
Enzo changes his hair like JZ changes clothes... but hey sebastian looks sharp with his spikey gel hair

throw in
throw in
Last time i saw enzo he looked like a straight fruit with his hair and who can put down the espanol slickers

K
bench
bench
K
i can put them down it looks dirty and nasty

Goal Kick
Goal Kick
cbass thinks he looks like c ronaldo and does not look sharp at all

2004-07 #1 in Nation
S
kick off
kick off
S
Valikonis looks like Christiano... Who knows what enzo looks like now hes prolly got his hair cut and dyed three times today alone!

R
bench
bench
R
justin watson looks like Drogba

S
kick off
kick off
S
im gunna have to go with adebayor

S
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
S
Quote:

SHSsoccer, see what happens when you build your team up to be somthing that they're not......Congratulations Greenville on an undefeated season.

Something they are not? Lemme see, your team was...where? Nowhere...exactly! At least Socastee made it to the State Championship to play what turns out at the end of this season, to be Greenville(27-0) the #1 team overall in the country. I say dispite some of the minor errors Socastee had, they held their own. Greenville just capitalized on those errors. They lost yes...but at least they made it there. Overall Socastee played admirably, so I am not worried about what the future has in store with a young and developing Socastee team.

S
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
S
Quote:

3A upperstate will always win.....there just to strong for the lowerstate teams

Yet to be determined...next year is not here yet!

S
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
S
Quote:

ERROR IN POST:

Sebastian did NOT score a hat trick. He scored once! The other two goals were own goals by Socastee(mental mistakes). Like I said before, I watched him in the Championship game...I was not really impressed.

B
bench
bench
B
SHS,

Get a life!!!

C
bench
bench
C
SHSsoccer does not represent any players or coaches of socastee high school he represants himself as a graduate and socastee fan no affiliation with socastee just wanted everyone to know that.

B
throw in
throw in
B
hes got a fun life it seems... yeah i heard two were own goals but he got credit for them and he prolly did up your defense and had a good shot with a lucky deflection

throw in
throw in
Wow SHS they may have been own goals but they got that ring coming and the medals on there necks

G
throw in
throw in
G
Those own goals were the result of the pressure that GHS put on Socastee. Trying to diminish the result by claiming that they were "own" goals only makes the poster (SHS) look foolish. Trying to negate a win by claiming that your team was not skilled enough to keep from scoring on themselves is no way to build up your team. SHS-Just say congratulations and move on.

Last edited by Giggs; 05/14/07 10:22 PM.
throw in
throw in
SHSsoccer posts:
Sebastian ........blah.....blah......blah......."I was not really impressed."

Aww, and I am POSITIVE that Sebastian's main goal in life has been to try to impress YOU What a shame he hasn't accomplished ANYTHING else notable in the past few years!.....(sarcasm intended, dude)...Sounds like the little green monster has reared his head? It just is NOT necessary to try to drag down one player to raise another up. Why can't SC Soccer have LOTS of superstars who go on to make the National team?!? Go Enzo, Go CBass, Go Jenkins, Go Martinez, Go Garrett, Go Daniel (the use of last names here might sound odd?)...

S
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
S
Giggs: I was not negating the win by claiming that the players from Socastee were incompetent or anything like that. I was just merely saying that it was more the cause of a couple lucky bounces. Which in hindsight, might have been stopped with a little more attention to detail. I am sure the Socastee players will train harder for next season and they will be more prepared for those types of circumstances in the future. However the fact remains---Greenville won (congrats) and Socastee lost (better luck next year)...end of story.

RosickyRocks: I really don't care if you "intended to use sarcasm" or not. In fact, like I have said before I really don't care what you think. My point was that everyone on this board was yapping about how good and spectacular this Sebastian kid was. What I saw in that game as a couple other people on this board have also said was that, we did not see that flash of brilliance or the spectacular soccer player that everyone here had polished him up to be. Now that is not to say that he won't be that way at some point in the future. You say I am "bringing down a player to bring another up"? If that were the case I would have to have someone to bring up now don't I? Do tell me who I am bringing up won't you...that's right...no one "(sarcasm intended dude)"! As far as bringing a player down, I was not! I was merely expressing my opinion of what I saw based on what I saw, in response to others. If you actually read through this whole thread you would have known that. Oh, by the way...I am aware of the fact that SC sends alot of players to the National Team. I don't need to be reminded of that. After all, the state of SC is frequently one of the best states for soccer in the country.

Goal Kick
Goal Kick
Sebastian is a spectacular player and from where i was watching the game i saw a few flashes of this so called brilliance...we was trouble for the socastee defense the whole game and distributed the ball well to other players especially the right wing who could have easily made the game 5 or 6 to 1

2004-07 #1 in Nation
throw in
throw in
ALL I GOTTA SAY IS GREENVILLE=CHAMPS SOCASTEE=RUNNERS UP......so shs stop bashing on C-Bass cause your defense couldnt handle him he woulda the other 2 goals that were own goals even if they werent deflected so stop hatin the player just hate the game

C
kick off
kick off
C
I would have to agree with the red raider on his statement about c-bass having good distribution out to the right wing... I personally think the right wing should have had 3 or 4 goals with all the wide open looks he had on goal. He could just not finish.

S
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
S
Quote:

I would have to agree with the red raider on his statement about c-bass having good distribution out to the right wing... I personally think the right wing should have had 3 or 4 goals with all the wide open looks he had on goal. He could just not finish.

Please elaborate. Why couldn't he finish?

Last edited by SHSsoccer; 05/16/07 01:34 AM.
M
kick off
kick off
M
He just missed the goal a couple of times and hit the crossbar once, what do you mean why couldn't he finish.

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
SHSsoccer,

Their point is that Sebastian, the guy you weren't impressed with, set a kid up with four or so chances to score. They are showing how he is a great player by being able to hold it, dribble, score, and distribute. It's not Sebastian's fault the right wing wouldn't finish it.

bench
bench
Post deleted by Kyle Heise

All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
S
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
S
Quote:

NMB would of shitted all over both of those teams if we had all our players

WHAT? If you had all your players? Socastee beat you not once...not twice...but three times during various times in the same year. So save it for next year.

Goal Kick
Goal Kick
well gvillle still won the state championship

2004-07 #1 in Nation
S
throw in
OP Offline
throw in
S
Yes they did and congrats to them! Lets move on now that the season is over. Good Luck to all next year!

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard