Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 14 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 13 14
kick off
kick off
Agreed and socastee is gonna bring all that have and hopefully greenville too so that way we can see who really is the better of the two teams. Its going to be a great match and i hope everyone brings it all

Umma Do Me, So Watch Me Do Me
C
corner kick
corner kick
C
Quote:

Quote:

Socastee should have won that game in 2005 if you recall they lost their starting keeper due to and injury in lowerstate chapionship game if they had their starting keeper it would have been a state chapionship win for socastee no doubt. but i believe they will make up for it this year

Yes indeed they should have won in 2005. The keeper they had that year was Matt Abee. I knew him personally. He was the primary reason why they won that game. As it turns out, he played most of the last 20-25 minutes with a ruptured spleen. After the game was finished he just collapsed to the ground. The only thing he was running on was adrenaline. Now I can honestly say that he had more heart than just about anyone I have ever known. It would be nice to see that type of heart again one of these days...sooner rather than later.

No way should Socastee have won that game. The goals Eastside scored weren't like shots right at the keeper that he deflected right into the goal. They got murdered in the first half with respect to possession, chances, and goals. They got beat in the second half too on possession and chances. Their two quick goals were just lapses in the play of Eastside. Eastside was dominating so much they probably didn't even expect Socastee to attack until it already happened. Socastee should have won the game? Not a chance in hell. Socastee could have won the game if they had their keeper? No Eastside should have had more goals but missed their chances, and the keeper wouldn't have made a big difference.

"Quit ball watchin' son!"
C
bench
bench
C
Look this thread is about this years socastee team and tomorrows game so this is my last post about 05. but i know for a fact that game would have had a different outcome if Matt Abee was in the goal. socastee started a senior drew kiser, who has a great mental aspect of the game quick reflexes and is a very athletic strong player but he was not a goalkeeper. if you recall after being scored on 2 kiser who would have been starting in the defense, went up top and scored to goals. it wasnt just that socastee lost their keeper but also that they had to rearrange everyone else so they could pick up the slack. with Abee it would have been a whole different Game guaranteed!

Last edited by choclitblucocont; 05/11/07 04:07 PM.
G
goal kick
goal kick
G
"Should have won"...what a common statement on this site.

GVLSoccerDad
C
corner kick
corner kick
C
Eastside would have raped them regardless like they did in possession and chances. Eastside did what it took to win, but they could have made it worse. Oh yeah, Eastside lost its best forward in the game due to a second torn ACL. WOW it would have been a whole different game if he could've stayed in to make Socastee defenders look like fools.
So I recall you saying this Socastee team is 3x better than 2005. In that case, they could win because the Greenville team is not 3x better than the Eastside one. If my calculations are correct Socastee > Greenville.

"Quit ball watchin' son!"
C
bench
bench
C
yes it definately is going to be an excellent showing of both teams greenville is very strong these year I personally have not seen them play but their record shows their skill. But I am confident that socastee has the personel to get the job done and bring it back to the lowerstate. Should be a great game. Im predicting
Socastee:3 Greenville:2

brace
brace
Quote:

yes it definately is going to be an excellent showing of both teams greenville is very strong these year I personally have not seen them play but their record shows their skill. But I am confident that socastee has the personel to get the job done and bring it back to the lowerstate. Should be a great game. Im predicting
Socastee:3 Greenville:2

So you think that Socastee is going to score as many goals in one game that Greenville has given up all season, and against strong competition?

I won't say it's impossible but that sounds like wishful thinking to me.

B
kick off
kick off
B
you really can't compare the 2005 Socastee to the 2007 Socastee. In '05 Socastee was a defensive powerhouse though the final score didnt show it...this year is the complete opposite.

kick off
kick off
I don't think that it will be that high scoring of a game. Yet anything is possible, as said before it will either be a 1-0 or 2-1 game. But its still unclear who could be for sure winner but i'm pullin for socastee.

Umma Do Me, So Watch Me Do Me
S
throw in
throw in
S
wow...first of all that game in 05-it wouldn't have mattered if socastee had 3 keepers...eastside dominated that year and maybe were one of the best teams in sc history.....and as far as the game this year i really hope you socastee players and fans have some good excuses saved up, because after they beat yall by atleast 3 goals youll need them......i've noticed this trend where every year in 3a the lowerstate talks all this nonsense before the game then get beat and make excuses

Page 6 of 14 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard