Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
W
bench
bench
W
It is sad that Referee Tanverdi, whose only job during the match was to control the substitutions, allowed a sub to come in without a player leaving the field. Very sad indeed.

L
throw in
throw in
L
OK first I really wanted the Lady CATS to win but please lets not take anything away from a team who scored on the Lady CATS and won the game. It is hard to say if having 12 players even helped them at all. If they only had 12 players for 2 minutes then I am not sure if LHS would have even been able to score during that time. Here is what I want to know. How did they score and did LHS play a good game? Anyone know some stats

P
bench
bench
P
lexington did play a good game. but the goal was rather cheap. it occured about 15 minutes into the first half. Lots of pushing in the box the entire game.

pressure is nothing more than the shadow of great opportunity
C
Brace
Brace
C
Lexington had the better of the play in my opinion. More possession, better passing and more shots. Credit Wando for not giving up any really great shots.

Wando scored on a free kick about 30-40 yards out. The ball was played to back side of the goal where Lexington's keeper came off the line just as the ball was redirected by a Wando's player head.

L
throw in
throw in
L
Sounds like a great game! So is Lexington able to do this again next year or will they lose too many players

W
bench
bench
W
I thought that Wando played a very good game, especially the 1st 15 minutes. Very early on they played one off of the cross bar, and then the goal came 10-15 minutes into the game on a set play. I wouldn't call it a cheap goal, the Wando girl charged the ball and just got a little touch on the ball. Enough of a touch to deflect the ball such that the Lex keeper over ran the ball and it rolled into an empty net. I don't think that the 12th player is the reason that Lex did not score. How long was the extra player on?? 2 minutes? 5 minutes? How about the other 75 minutes where Lex could not put on in?? You've got to score to win, and Wando played well enough to deny Lex a goal.

P
bench
bench
P
i apologize. cheap was not the right wording of the goal scored by wando. they did play a good game but lexington controlled the field and the ball for a most of the game

pressure is nothing more than the shadow of great opportunity
W
bench
bench
W
I agree that Lex did play a very good game and controlled possession for much of the game. They are a very talented team and had a great year. I hate to see this game tainted by a ref's mistake. But the bottom line is that Lex was not able to score, and Wando made a nice play to put one in.

C
Brace
Brace
C
It should also be pointed out that Wando's coach was the one that pointed out the 12 players on the field.

W
bench
bench
W
Coach, I have made this point on the "Disaster at 4A Championship" thread. I was impressed that a coach would make such an effort to stop the game and self report a mistake like this.

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard