Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 15 1 2 11 12 13 14 15
World Cup
World Cup
So he can see more inappropriate things?

G
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
G

ok - 13 pages of posts and still no info from anywhere on why the state league would look at reverse the red card for Spring valley's keeper and not do anything to investigate this and determine the referees acted correctly and correctly assessed penalties when the 12th player was discovered.

World Cup
Online Content
World Cup
guardrail22 -- The SCHSL did contact the officials of the Spring Valley / Wando 4A Lowerstate Championship match and determined that since the Wando player had received a yellow card on the same play that the SV goalkeeper (Jenkins) received a red, that the call was a bit severe and should have rightfully been a yellow.

S
coach
coach
S
Floriday: I took it to mean that "kick_ball" didn't believe that what occurred was that hideously inappropriate, particularly in context of current high school athletic events.

guardrail22: For many, I think this is just painful "water under the bridge."

To anyone/everyone: I've found out that the SCHSL didn't contract out the taping of any of the state championship games. I'm willing to pay (both for the medium and for your effort in recording it) for a recording, in any format, to have a record of Lexington's first 4-A state championship appearance ever.

corner kick
corner kick

Chico,

Have you searched youtube? Maybe somebody put up on this site.

S
coach
coach
S
Great idea; I'll try it!

Okay...I'm back. Other than lots of news coverage by TV stations (note: I'm jealous -- the Charleston TV stations do a much better job than the Columbia ones!) I couldn't find anything.

Again -- let me stress -- in these days of tight budgets and the like -- I am willing to pay for this if anyone has a video of the game.

Last edited by Chico; 05/23/07 02:03 PM.
coach
coach
I know these pics are probably not easy to look at, but I would imagine there has got to be a Wando parent or maybe a Wando school representative or videographer, if not a Lexington parent who filmed most if not all of the big game. In one of the pics there is a man filming the trophy, but that may have been just a TV station. Maybe contact the Wando coach also.
http://www.wandohigh.com/athletics/gsoccer/gsoccer.htm

Last edited by 2004striker; 05/23/07 02:17 PM.
M
corner kick
corner kick
M
Quote:

guardrail22 -- The SCHSL did contact the officials of the Spring Valley / Wando 4A Lowerstate Championship match and determined that since the Wando player had received a yellow card on the same play that the SV goalkeeper (Jenkins) received a red, that the call was a bit severe and should have rightfully been a yellow.

Since the red card that took the SV keeper out should have only been a yellow, why not go back and play the last minutes of that game with him in goal, too.

S
coach
coach
S
>>[GSDad] Since the red card that took the SV keeper out should have only been a yellow, why not go back and play the last minutes of that game with him in goal, too.<<

You know...quite seriously...after understanding that having too many players on the field is only a yellow card with a free kick in the middle of the field...I'm not sure why it wouldn't be a pretty good strategy for coaches in each game to put an extra player on the field underneath the notice of the referee...seems like the risk/reward is pretty darned good.

world cup
world cup
Chico,

I have a friend and former teammate of mine in New Jersey who employs this strategy quite often, usually against his arch-rival. He never does it when he's up a goal, only when he is down a goal and needs to score.

Why does he do it? Precisely as you have indicated, because the reward far outweighs the risk.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
Page 13 of 15 1 2 11 12 13 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard