Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 15 1 2 12 13 14 15
coach
coach
Ah, but there is such a thing as persistent infringement of the rules.....another yellow....and so therefore...1 plus 1 = 1 (red). But then, that just puts you back to level # of players.

world cup
world cup
A couple of measures that should be taken against my friend from New Jersey:

1. Opposing coach should alert the ref prior to the match that this little trick has been used before. Be on the lookout for it and give the captain a yellow and the coach a red.

2. If the ref should notice this, wait until the ball is relatively close to the offending team's goal before blowing the whistle and carding the captain & coach. The restart will then take place in a very dangerous area (could result in a goal from the free kick).

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
I brought this up earlier in the thread, but in the final with a 4th official whose80% of his job is to ensure the proper substitution of players why do I have to tell him.

It brings to mind the corner kick trick play a U11 team did in state cup for which the referee was completely unprepared and awarded an indirect kick to the opposing team. The coach was told that in the future he should tell the ref that he "uses trick plays because U11 just do not do this kind of things". If it is within the rules why does anyone have to say anything to the ref?

Of course in your case it is dirty trick, But that is what the ARs should be doing.

coach
coach
Little tricks, subterfuges, etc. can be disciplined as
-is guilty of unsporting behaviour
-persistently infringes the Laws of the Game

M
corner kick
corner kick
M
What was the trick the U-11 team used? We had one used against our U-11 team where the player went to kick a corner but called a teammate to kick it instead. As the first player ran onto the field into the box, he barely touched the ball. Our team didn't react and the second player came over and had control of the ball and dribbled in on goal. Half of our players were not ready; fortunately the keeper was.

brace
brace
This works in HS—once on each team—BUT you better tell the official before the match. . .

"Living well's the best revenge." r.e.m.
F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
GSdad .... That is the one...by rule the ball only has to be touched by the player, to be live.

G&B....I assume you are joking...if not ...WHY?

coach
coach
Thats not a trick, of course. Its just stategy. Totally legal to do it all game long.

brace
brace
I am NOT joking—refs will stop the play because most don't know. . .

Then the whole effect is ruined.

We ALWAYS told the refs before matches; and ref responses to the info were VERY revealing.

"Living well's the best revenge." r.e.m.
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
You are dead on about warning the refs. How all of this is interpeted is an amazing thing.
This would make a great new topic thread. All the great/terror there is to have a game so large and rules so thin. You gotta love the trust and gamesmanship in all of it.
Check out this scenerio...In the rules or even laws there is nothing concerning a defensive wall. There is the 10 yard rule, as well as rules concerning encroachment and taunting.
During a match I was once warned against setting a (jumping)wall against a free kick. Now I know this is a technique as old as the hills. I disagree with the official but if you read the book he can make an arguement.
Amazing stuff isn't it?

Page 14 of 15 1 2 12 13 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard