Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 14 15
S
Goal
Goal
S
I'm no ref but the responsibility for stopping play, allowing subs to enter/exit the field (including counting noses) and restarting play belongs to the ref, not coaches. Who "notices" makes no difference. The people responsible are the entire referee crew.

goal kick
goal kick
Its sad that anyone's season should have to end on such controverisal note... in my opinion the refs let the game get out of hand in the first half... alot of stuff happened between player that went unchecked by the officals.... as for the now infamous "12th player" i blame the side offical who was doing the subs and the Wando coach who allowed it to contiune until pointed out by the crowd and the lexington bench....i also disliked the fact that the refs would not even discuss the matter with the lexington coaches!! Instead he got a red card... On a more postive note i want to applaud the lexington girls who left everything on the field played a fantastic game and had an amazing season!!!

To play the game is good, to win the game is great, to LOVE the game is the greatest!
L
throw in
throw in
L
AMEN!

corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

assuming the high school league has video of the game they should be able to determine where the 12th player came in and the game should be replayed from that point on sunday afternoon, following issuance of a yellow card to Wando coach and a PK for Lexington.

You are not awarded a PK...

restart with an indirect free kick at the place where the ball was when you stopped play.

Sad way to end a game...
There seems to be a cloud on the 4A games every year...
Wonder if it has anything to do with being that close to the GraveYard

T
goal kick
goal kick
T
In college you are awarded a PK.
In high school the coach playing with the right amount of players is instantly red carded, the clock is aloud to run way down and the girls playing by the rules get there hearts broken for doing so.

That being said Wando scored and Lexington didn't.
Second half Wando bunkered in with there 12 and snuffed out any attack.

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
one other thing...as Spartan said.... you get the ball and the yellow.... quite frankly this can now be used as a "ploy"... i mean you play with 12 and the worst you get is a yellow and an indirect kick? something is wrong with that picture, it should be more severe (not a pk - it is not right) probably the coach should be ejected.

Truth is the crew blew it and Mr. Tanverdi should be removed from his duties, I hope he is not scheduled for tomorrow. How difficult it is to count to 10? there were young girls counting faster than he did. But ... he had the air horn, I guess power does corrupt

T
goal kick
goal kick
T
His horn wasn't even working in the second half.
Lexington coaches gave up on getting him to stop the game and were half way out on the field to get the center Refs attention of the matter. And when it was first noticed Lexington was on the attack, why wasn't the kick awarded closer to the goal instead of at mid field?

L
bench
bench
L
Bottom line, Coach Camp notified the 4th refree as soon as she relized that Wando had 12 players on the field. It is then up to the refees to decided what, if any, penalty is going to be imposed. Coach Champ informed the refees, that is what is important. No she did not do it on purpose, and for the Lexingtion coach to refuse to shake her hand and say she won by cheating is wrong. I have been keeping my mouth shut all season long. Any time the low country does something good it has been shot down. Foe example, Wando, the low country champs, to have only one allstar elected?? Wando JV has a player that improved enough to be moved to varisty(JR) and they are sandbaging. Get over it. Thank you Coach Champ, you are a class act, and will always be thought as one. Wando girls, keep you heads high for you are the state champs and no one came take that from you. As for the Lexington girls, Thank you for the class you showed, unlike you coach, who refused to shake hands.

corner kick
corner kick
futbol,

I agree...A direct kick at the top of the box might discourage playing with 12

kick off
kick off
ok so i would like to say from the sidelines that we were trying to tell the refs for a good 10 min that wando had 12 players on the field and they refused to listen they ignored lexington almost the whole game. also the wando keeper, if you watch, she would punch,kick, and say things to lexignton girls and guess what happened a lexington player gets a yellow card for it and a wando player PUNCHED a lexington girl in the chest and the center ref and the AR, who was right there, saw it and she only got a yellow card. if i remember correctly that is an automatic red card. and to add on to everything the wando keeper is makin fun of lexington, bc we're crying for getting cheated out of the championship, some of the wando girls were FLICKING OFF lexington as we were getting our awards. so i would just like to say that wando has no class first they win by cheating and then they have the guts to flick us off and stuff ... its just not right and i have lost all respect for them and their coach and i definately hate the center refs for blowing everything lexington has worked so hard for.

and just a couple of minutes could definately made a difference bc if i remember correctly, and please tell me if i am wrong, but wando won against DF w/ only 3min left in the 2nd OT. so it does make a difference and the video of the game should be reviewed and i think there should atleast be a rematch on sunday if it is shown that for most or all of the 2nd half that wando did have 12 players on the field

Never Give Up, Never Surrender!!!!
Page 3 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard