Print Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13
#87460 05/13/07 06:56 PM
S
kick off
OP Offline
kick off
S
Who do you think will have the best shot at winning state next year? and why? Lets not talk about teams that will improve and will be good, only realistic state championship teams. I think possibly Socastee Eastside and Riverside...

Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard
throw in
throw in
SoccaPapa1 i would have to agree with you on the choice of teams picked. I also think it will be either eastside or socastee but I think riverside may give eastside a run for there money. I say eastside for 3A state

"DON'T HATE THE PLAYER, HATE THE GAME THE PLAYER PLAYS"
C
bench
bench
C
Chapin and Socastee will meet for lower state again, and Eastside and Riverside will play for the upper state championship.

throw in
throw in
Well it depends on if Eastside and Riverside get first and second place because if one get 3rd then they will meet the round before upperstate

S
kick off
OP Offline
kick off
S
unless they change the playoff seeding then eastside and riverside will probably meet before upperstate finals since they are in the same region.

P
bench
bench
P
lexington. both boys and girls will make a run for state

pressure is nothing more than the shadow of great opportunity
throw in
throw in
Why would they change the seeding? and they didnt meet this year

bench
bench
I agree with DDrogba9. He seems to know whats he talking about

PC 15
S
kick off
OP Offline
kick off
S
yea nevermind... but the way seedings work is a joke... how does Dreher get #2 seed and Eastside #6 and Riverside #3... they need to do it by state rankings not by region ranking, bc the best region is the one with eastside riverside and mann... ddrogba and petercrouch seem like they agree on everything, thats cute

throw in
throw in
Yeah the rankings are weird and the Peach-Blossom is by far the best region

K
bench
bench
K
i would say NW will have a chance again, especially if i'm on the team!!

B
throw in
throw in
B
haha who might you be little one?

everyone is a lil bias, im realistic.
C
bench
bench
C
If you look at Irmo's returning team they are only losing two starters. If Irmo can find a goalie and stay out of trouble than i think Irmo could win their region and play for a state championship.

I agree that the seedings should be by state rank or the high school league should rank the regions. This will make to playoffs lot more realistic because the best teams will not have to play against each other.

throw in
throw in
WHO ARE YOU??!!

C
bench
bench
C
Why does it matter?

K
bench
bench
K
i'm someone who might nake it next year but idk if i will i'll at least move up for playoffs

Goal Kick
Goal Kick
greenville will be sick next year as well so riverside and eastside should be ready...and sebastain isnt goin anywhere

2004-07 #1 in Nation
throw in
throw in
dont be so sure about that...

C
kick off
kick off
C
I say Northwestern makes a run for it again, but comes up short in the end. I think a different state champion in 4A. In 3A, Greenville/Eastside/Riverside will likely battle a very good Chapin team. Its harder to pick this one. I think Chapin will be pretty good next year. Socastee will also be tough again, but I think Chapin beats them. BC may be tough as well, they were young this year. However I dont think theyre quite as strong. There coach always has them ready though. In 2A, BE again. in 1A, i dont know that much about these teams. SCISA, PP of course, although they lose some good players. Look for Cardinal Newman and Hammond coming out of the upstate.

S
kick off
OP Offline
kick off
S
Sebastian has already enrolled at Eastside and he already has his classes. The question is if hes moving... if he cant move he will have to sit out the season and play his senior year

throw in
throw in
He can still withdraw though

S
kick off
OP Offline
kick off
S
He won't he wants a state championship again... Greenville will be garbage next year

R
bench
bench
R
i think it will be socastee and riverside/greenville/eastside in the finals next year.Socastee is only losing 3 starters including topher.They still have their sick fowards Justin and Orlando and their midfielder Bobby belair.

Goal Kick
Goal Kick
greenville will not be garbage next year...they have no reason to...they will suprise a lot of teams

2004-07 #1 in Nation
B
throw in
throw in
B
who will you have? kavolous manning daniel and little palma

I
bench
bench
I
Chapin is only losing 4 seniors. Rumor has it, and i emphasize on the whole rumor part that the returners from Dutch Fork are enrolling at Chapin next year. But remember that is only rumor. Chapin will also have a strong back hopefully returning to the squad. Look for Chapin next year to make a strong run at the Lowerstate Final once again. Good luck to all other teams who have their eyes set on the 2008 State Championship.

A
goal kick
goal kick
A
In 4A Lexington returns several rising seniors. With Andrew, Reel, and Tanner in goal, look for Lexington to be very strong next year. Spring Valley will also be strong. They will need to replace Davis in goal and Eamon out on the flanks but with Sean, Parker, Antoine, and Zach coming back, they still have a very strong group of core players. There is a good chance they could three peat as lower state champions. Irmo will also be very dangerous. They lose defender/midfielder Garrett Lay and Patrick de St. Aubin in goal but return everyone else. I expect Daniel Lynch to have another outstanding year along with Jugal Dalal. I know these are all midlands teams but living in Columbia, these are the teams I am subjected to the most. It looks like 2008 will be a very competitive year as far as midland teams are concerned with the exception of Dutch Fork. I think they lose just way to many people to compete regularly with the Lexington's, Spring Valley's, and Irmo's of next year.

S
corner kick
corner kick
S
Interesting Soccerpapa1, this is the first time I have heard about this.

S
corner kick
corner kick
S
A word advice for kcr4ray, if you hope to play varsity for Northwestern it is probably best you do not post on this board. Northwestern's coach does not allow his players to do so.

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
Sounds like most of ya'll are right on with this. From the upperstate it will definately be Eastside and Riverside. Greenville will be a fairly close third if they have Sebastian. If they don't they will be very soft. Likewise Eastside will be hands down the best if they have Sebastian. If they don't, I still think they will win upperstate with the talent they have. But Riverside will be a very close second. And if Riverside can play up to their talent level, I would not be surprised at all if they win upperstate. It doesn't matter when EHS and RHS play in the playoffs, but whoever wins will win the 'ship. Greenville will suffer badly from the loss of all their seniors unlike Eastside did this year. Lowerstate will probably be Socastee or Chapin but they will get it handed to them in the finals. Moral of the story, I have my money on the boys from Eastside. In fact, I will go ahead and say they will get back to back championships.

"Quit ball watchin' son!"
kick off
kick off
Quote:

A word advice for kcr4ray, if you hope to play varsity for Northwestern it is probably best you do not post on this board. Northwestern's coach does not allow his players to do so.

What he doesn't know, won't hurt him.

97% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
brace
brace
From the info that I have...

4A Lowerstate... SV, Wando, although I'm not sure that either of them will be improved, they will still just be good. DF should drop off contention level as they lose a lot of seniors.

4A Upperstate...Irmo should have solid team and should contend for title. I would expect NW to drop in their overall potency due to loss of seniors but they will still be dangerous because of Enzo. Lex, Dorman and Mauldin will be mostly senior oriented teams, and all should be good teams, but probably not spectacular. It's a crowded field in the upperstate.

3A Lowerstate...Chapin and Socastee should rule

3A Upperstate...Greenville drops off contnention radar but Eastside and Riverside are still in it. Eastside should be the favorite, especially is Sebastian is on that team. JL Mann should be solid, but not good enough to overcome Eastside or Riverside. Eastside should be the favorite for it all next year.

I'm sure that I am missing a few, but most of the heavy hitters are here.

Last edited by CornerFlag; 05/14/07 03:31 PM.
F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
Hey CF.... Lex is in upperstate. Wando will loose a lot of talent due to graduation.

brace
brace
My bad. I know that and should have known better than to post it like that. I'll change my post.

Wando still has some good players and I still expect them to contend as I think that the power in 4A is shifting to Upperstate. There will be more top teams for contention in Upperstate next year.

C
bench
bench
C
I think most of yall have it correct im going to say eastside socastee in 3a state championship next year. i have a feeling if it come down to it socastee will do alot better they have alot of young players and many of them had never expierianced a game of that importance with this one over with it should be interesting next year. also they are only losing 3 starters. im am curious to see the outcome of next season especially if socastee makes it to the state game

Last edited by choclitblucocont; 05/14/07 04:19 PM.
P
corner kick
corner kick
P
4A Lowerstate: I expect Spring Valley to come out with Wando being competitive. Dutch Fork will not compete much next year.

4A Upperstate: Northwestern and Irmo should be two of the favorites with Irmo returning most of their team. Dorman will challenge as well.

3A Upperstate: If C-Bass goes to Eastside its game over for the state. Riverside and Greenville will of course contend.

3A Lowerstaet: Socastee's last chance with Justin and Orlando paired together. Chapin will be great if they can find someone to pair up with Joey. Myrtle Beach will also be in there and also B.C., both teams returning most of their core players.

2A: BISHOP ENGLAND....

throw in
throw in
Yeah if Eastside gets Sebastian its game over for 3A especially the way hes been playing lately.....getting many assists and putting the ball in the back of the net

Goal Kick
Goal Kick
greenville will be solid next year....great coaching and a solid core of underclassmen...if cbass stays at gville good things could happen

2004-07 #1 in Nation
A
goal kick
goal kick
A
Wando should still be a contender as they usually always are but they do lose a lot of very talented players. Three in particular are Kirby B., Andrew E., and Will M. I just think the lost of those quality type players is enough for Wando to take a step back as far as fighting for a Lowerstate Title. Spring Valley looks to be the favorite next year in the Lowerstate once again.

brace
brace
The thing that I want to know with regards to Lowerstate 4A is which team is going to show up and challenge SV or Wando? HH? Summerville? Other?

Goal Kick
Goal Kick
The loss of the pacakage is probalby the biggest loss for gville for the 08 season....they outscored our opponents 5-4 on the season...quality players ben sprague and Mike Kavulous a.k.a Totti....greenville will be missing the athletic moves by the big man...and kavulous's SICK volleys. not to mention his hair...

2004-07 #1 in Nation
S
throw in
throw in
S
Watch out for Riverside next year they have two of their starters from last years state champion team returning next year that couldn't play this year...Austin baker will punish if he stays out of trouble and a great player in Johnny Graham(aka Sideshow Bob)...They also will have their entire back line returning ...2 of their starting mid-fielders...a couple of solid jv players coming up...and i heard a rumor that maybe a good forward from another upstate school maybe coming.

brace
brace
Riverside will have a Premier level defense for a high school team, so they should be able to hold up against anyone in the state. most teams don't even have half the quality on defense that they do. The question is, can they generate enough goals against quality opponents. The loss of Baker was huge and as far as him staying out of trouble, that's a big IF.

throw in
throw in
Eastside lost no players this year and some very good freshman coming up and they were solid this year so take into consideration the team building and chemistry for next year expect big things from Eastside especially if C-Bass comes

S
throw in
throw in
S
yes you are right that is a big if, but seeing him and talking with him after alot of games this year I could tell he wants to be there next year and make a difference. Yes drogba eastside was a solid team this year, but there are still several factors that i think will stop them from winning the championship next year...1)though they keep possession well, their back line is very unorganized at times. Maybe some team chemistry and experience will help that. 2)they still don't have a solid goalkeeper, which is why they play 3 different gks, and are very bad on pks. 3)though sebastian is very good, I believe that Greenville and Eastside play too different types of soccer which will mean he will have to gel with the team.

Two good teams next year in 3a that no one is mentioning, and could possibly upset some teams, are J.L. Mann and Dreher

S
kick off
OP Offline
kick off
S
I think its between Riverside and Eastside. Why Riverside? First they have a Premier level backline, however its not that great... nothing like greenvilles this year, if eastside can get 3 goals in 30minutes on them this year i wouldnt say they are amazing, but they are solid, and i think one of them will have to step up to the middle to fill rodgers and day. Second, they still have an outstanding keeper in Ian Rose. Lastly, IF baker can play their attack will be dynamic unlike this year, bakers speed is scary, and also if Graham comes back, that will be key because hes a very good '90 premier player, that would be a good centermid or defender.

Why Eastside?
I feel they are the favorite but still have some questions to answer. I think its unlikely Sebastian will be playing next year, bc he has to move into the district and rumor has it that he might try playing in Columbia this summer... we hope he doesnt get too comfortable down there. They have some Keeper issues. A solid but inconsistant backline, but with more expirence i think that will help and they will be good. Valikonis scores, miguel assist, they have a nice attack when everthing clicks. Speed on the left flank with woolford and perfect crosses on the right with symmes. They look good for next year with the exact same team with at LEAST 3 added premier freshman

Last edited by SoccaPapa1; 05/15/07 01:29 AM.

S
bench
bench
S
It will be Riverside or Eastside in upper state. As for sebastian he is goin to Colombia and trying out for a development team. He will not be goin to regionals with the 90 premier team. He also was not at try outs either. As for Eastside the only thing that will keep them from winnning upperstate is their keeping. It is very poor and inconsistant and their back line was very flat. In the second Riverside game riverside got in behind the back line easily on break aways 3 times. Riverside did not have that much pace up top either at the time with Baker out. As for Riverside they also have a solid player from NJ who couldnt play this season bc he played highschool up there before he moved here

throw in
throw in
But if Sebastian doesnt make the team he wants he is coming back

brace
brace
Why in the world would Sebastian NOT go to play in the regionals? Sounds like there is more to the story than whats being told.

S
throw in
throw in
S
soccadad who you talkin bout from new jersey....oh and i also forgot to mention the two kids from greer who were their best players two years ago that transferred in this year and couldn't play...their not amazing but will give riverside somedepth in the midfield and in the back...its going to be a great match up next year between these two teams.

A
goal kick
goal kick
A
I expect Northwestern to be vey dangerous once again next year with a more experienced Enzo leading the attack. However with such stiff competition in Upperstate it will be difficult for Northwestern to make a return trip to the finals. With a Coach like Dom Wren though, I'm sure NW will want to prove people wrong.

throw in
throw in
i think Lex will be stronger than everyone is thinking..they will have a lot of experience up top and in the back..hey will also have two very strong returning keepers...watch out..

Irmo will be good too

A
goal kick
goal kick
A
I agree Spaceman, I expect a very heated and intense battle for Region 4. Lexington will have more seniors but Irmo returns their entire starting group with the exception of Lay and Patrick de St. Aubin. In fact I believe Irmo will still be starting a large group of juniors and sophmores next year as well. Irmo has no more excuse of rebuilding for the next several years.

throw in
throw in
irmos group this year was very young...but very good...region 4 is definatly up for grabs

throw in
throw in
Especially when you consider that after being switched out of region 5 with State Champs SV, Irmo only played them once this season, and won that game 3-1!!

C
bench
bench
C
Myrtle beach is ok but they will not make it far in playoffs depending on who they play of course but they deffinately wont go to state personal opionion also i dont think BC will last unless they are picking up some new players but other than that you have it pretty much right.

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
Yeah, Eastside's weakness, and possible downfall, will be there keeper. Although they are all getting much better they still need a bunch of improvement. I would not be surprised AT ALL if Riverside wins because they have Rose in the goal now. He can change the game just like the SV keeper did in the championship. Both teams will be very good. Probably split the series in regular season and meet in the playoffs. Greenville and Mann will be good but won't have a chance.

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
Rosicky... Lex played SV 3 times and won twice as well. So region 4 will be a smackdown.

W
kick off
kick off
W
5 starter didnt play

throw in
throw in
Eastside just has alot of young first year high school players who hadnt experienced it yet......by next year they will have the gist of the pace of the high school game.....and the keepers for Eastside arent bad they just dont stand out above others

S
kick off
kick off
S
the keepers for eastside are not good

S
bench
bench
S
sideline his name is Ray he conditioned with the team untill he found out he was not eligible to play. Also Drogba eastide's goalies are not good. Maybe average on a good day

throw in
throw in
I didn't say they were good i said not bad which means ive seen teams with worse and one of the goalies is good just inconsistent and if he can fix that he will do good

S
kick off
OP Offline
kick off
S
james garalis, the sophomore goalie, saved eastside against daniel in the pre season tournament, He saved 4 pks in a row! He also played good against Greenville both times and came up with some big saves, but ill agree that there is some inconsistency there at the goalie position

throw in
throw in
Well said SoccaPapa1

S
kick off
kick off
S
i think ddrogba and soccapapa have something for eachother

C
bench
bench
C
I cannot believe no one has mentioned White Knoll. They did not do the best this year but you must admit they were impressive.
The only person they will be losing is paradise i think. they will return their mids and all their backs. they will only have to replace the top scorer.
Spring Valley will be very strong
Lexington will be good also.

Any body kno anything about dutch fork?

S
kick off
OP Offline
kick off
S
yeah soccer1121 i think DDrogba likes me... i dont know him, hes always agreeing with me... well at least someone appreciates my post haha

A
goal kick
goal kick
A
Oh yeah man I forgot about White Knoll. They only have to replace their top scorer but they should be able to beat an Irmo team that beat them 5-0 and a Lexington team that beat them 7-0. And Irmo and Lexington return loads of players. Give me a break man. White Knoll is an almost decent team but this is the forum for next year's BEST TEAM, not who might make the playoffs.

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
Quote:

james garalis, the sophomore goalie, saved eastside against daniel in the pre season tournament, He saved 4 pks in a row! He also played good against Greenville both times and came up with some big saves, but ill agree that there is some inconsistency there at the goalie position

It would have been nice for Eastside to have that kid in goal last year against Daniel. The pk shootout went like 15 goals each or something.

W
goal kick
goal kick
W
DF will not compete. They simply lose too many players. They have 2 starters returning, and 5 returners all together. Look for a rebuilding year to happen, but with such a "great" coach they will probably lose more than they should.

S
bench
bench
S
james garalis is garbage............he gave riverside a goal in the first game.....he played it to a riverside forward and the forward put it away. Phil was by far the best and he is at best average

throw in
throw in
Well like it says in the earlier posts James isnt consistent but he is good and phil is good and consistent but not as good

B
throw in
throw in
B
yeah well eastsides football team is gunna win state i know that much

B
throw in
throw in
B
american football that is...

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
yeah they do have a bunch of good freshmen coming in from the Eastside Dolphins peewee football teams. could turn their game around...

M
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
M
Quote:

Especially when you consider that after being switched out of region 5 with State Champs SV, Irmo only played them once this season, and won that game 3-1!!

hahaha if we're gonna play that game. Dutch Fork was the only team to beat a completely healthy SV team. I feel a little better now.

bench
bench
NORTH MYRTLE BEACH IS BY FAR THE BEST TEAM FOR NEXT YEAR. THIER GONNA STOMP EVERYONES ASS.

All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
S
kick off
kick off
S
Mauldin will be pretty good next year seeing as there only losing 2 players and theyve been to upperstate finals the past two years in a row

throw in
throw in
Yeah Mauldin has a pretty good team....I'm looking forward to the Eastside Mauldin game next year

goal kick
goal kick
Quote:

DF will not compete. They simply lose too many players. They have 2 starters returning, and 5 returners all together. Look for a rebuilding year to happen, but with such a "great" coach they will probably lose more than they should.

hey dont be so sure..this year was suppossed to be a rebuilding season for irmo and look what happened

Im tired of chasin my dreams Im just goin to ask 'em where theyre goin and hook up with 'em later
P
corner kick
corner kick
P
Well until DF gets a coach that is half as good as Coach Savitz is, their "rebuilding" year will be nothing like that of Irmo's. No offense to anyone or Coach Quinlan, it's just that Savitz is an amazing coach and one of the only ones who can take a young team in a "rebuilding" year (plus all the off the field problems) and turn them into an Upper-State contender.

S
bench
bench
S
Quote:

Well until DF gets a coach that is half as good as Coach Savitz is, their "rebuilding" year will be nothing like that of Irmo's. No offense to anyone or Coach Quinlan, it's just that Savitz is an amazing coach and one of the only ones who can take a young team in a "rebuilding" year (plus all the off the field problems) and turn them into an Upper-State contender.

I don't know...I'd say that's pretty good offense...

Goal Kick
Goal Kick
Quote:

(plus all the off the field problems)

I wonder if he's such a great coach, why he has all these off the field problems after so many years at Irmo?

kick off
kick off
ha i think i remember someone saying that NMB was going to kill everyone this year too.. hmm thats funny. i think we beat them all three times?

---Wammy---
S
throw in
throw in
S
Yep and they won each time with a comfy lead of 2 goals in each of those three games. Not bad against a team that was supposed to beat everyone...except Socastee. Anyway, it is yet to be determined just how good NMB is gonna be next year...that is a year away anyway so anything is possible.

A
goal kick
goal kick
A
BamBam, I believe an answer to your question about Irmo's off the field problems could be answered by the fact that these are high school kids. They are going to make bad decisions occasionally. If they don't learn from these mistakes, thats another problem in itself. I know you couldn't be questioning Coach Savitz's coaching ability. Look at the records 502-62-4, 13 State Championships. I also know you couldn't be questioning his character or personality because obviously you had never met the guy. He is truly one of the classiest coaches in the state.

throw in
throw in
BOLOGNA

Goal Kick
Goal Kick
greenville repeat

2004-07 #1 in Nation
goal
goal
Eastside, no contest!

You may disagree, but you're wrong!
throw in
throw in
Greenville repeat?????? are you serious your losing your best defender and mid fielder haha......Eastside takes it

Goal Kick
Goal Kick
just wait coach joyce will have the boys ready

2004-07 #1 in Nation
throw in
throw in
Ok the red raider.........think what you want.......plus you might not even have C-Bass

Goal Kick
Goal Kick
the defense will be better than last years and the offense should put up just as many goals...the only difference is yea we did lose our best midfielder...Nik Papapieris...he dominated the midfield

2004-07 #1 in Nation
throw in
throw in
Well your defense wont be better u lost sam and blair and if c-bass doesnt play ur screwed

K
bench
bench
K
Quote:

Yep and they won each time with a comfy lead of 2 goals in each of those three games. Not bad against a team that was supposed to beat everyone...except Socastee. Anyway, it is yet to be determined just how good NMB is gonna be next year...that is a year away anyway so anything is possible.

4-3 in double overtime is not exactly a comfy lead of two goals. Next year socestee, NMB, and myrtle beach should all be better than this year.

W
goal kick
goal kick
W
Post deleted by Kyle Heise

Last edited by Kevin Heise; 11/19/07 11:29 PM.
W
kick off
kick off
W
Spring Valley and maybe Irmo?

W
kick off
kick off
W
Quote:

Quote:

5 starters didnt even play for SV

W
goal kick
goal kick
W
heise what's the deal man? i did not say anything vulgar or crazy, what i said was merely an opinion, as is what the rest of the comments are, i have seen way worse and am looking for a massive reason for the deletion of my post. thanks

G
bench
bench
G
i think mauldin will be pretty strong. they made it to the upperstate finals and only lost 2 players from last years squad

Goal
Goal
Quote:

heise what's the deal man? i did not say anything vulgar or crazy, what i said was merely an opinion, as is what the rest of the comments are, i have seen way worse and am looking for a massive reason for the deletion of my post. thanks

They own the boards and it's rights therefore they can delete any post they want to. There's your massive reason. thanks.

Brace
Brace
GOOD EVENING!!!!

"I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles"
P
corner kick
corner kick
P
Spring Valley will take 4A again this year. Im leaning towards Socastee beating the Upperstate this year in 3A. BC will contend for lowerstate though.

brace
brace
Spring Valley will be solid, but I see the 4A championship coming out of the Upper State this year. NW will still be good, Irmo should be better, and LEX, Mauldin, and Dorman should all contend for the championship.

With regards to 3A, unless Eastside has a major breakdown in the playoffs, I see them going to the finals and thumping any team that the Lower State has to offer. This would include Socastee, no matter how good their forwards are.

G
bench
bench
G
i think riverside will give eastside a game if all their players can stay healthy and out of trouble

C
kick off
kick off
C
I heard that Orlando from Socastee is no longer there can anybody say wether this is true or not?

T
bench
bench
T
I believe that Lexington will have a good team next year as will SV lets not underestimate Lex they have a couple good returners

T
kick off
kick off
T
Yes Lexington and Irmo will be good teams but i think the top two teams will turn out the same way it has the past 2 years with Spring Vally and Northwestern in the championship with NW winning it. You might be able to have held off NW last year but they will come back much harder.

W
goal kick
goal kick
W
are whitener and cates going to play for dutch fork in the spring? i heard danny wasn't and that whitener might not either

T
bench
bench
T
I dont think that NW will be as good as they have been with the loss of benson and kropp they will have a hard time connecting to Enzo and Alex, and SV still has great potential but need to get their players to stay ot of trouble.

T
bench
bench
T
Yes cates is going to play for Dutch Fork in the spring

H
goal kick
goal kick
H
throughball, have you talked to Danny. Do you personally know him. According to him he leaves in january and definitely won't be playing for Dutch Fork this spring.

Goal
Goal
Quote:

are whitener and cates going to play for dutch fork in the spring? i heard danny wasn't and that whitener might not either

Why would they not play for DFHS? Maybe I've missed something. Where would Cates go in January? Has Coach Quinlan commented?

On another note, I think RNE will be much better this year and should make the playoffs.

Victory Starts Here!
C
kick off
kick off
C
Cates is supposidly moving out of the state. and whitener doesn't have the desire to play if danny leaves i guess.Why would coach quinlan have to comment on it

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Socastee is primed and ready. The best player in the state just may come from this team. Better get your popcorn ready. It's gonna be a show

??? Offline
goal kick
goal kick
Couple of questions socitome:
1.What kind of primer does Socastee use?
2.Who is this player?
3.Where can I find this popcorn?

S
corner kick
corner kick
S
Northwestern will remain a power. Mark my words.

W
goal kick
goal kick
W
for once i agree with bassett, however kropp will be a huge loss for the team along with benson. i think the little martinez's will find it harder to work without a player like kropp around them, but they still will be a good team

goal kick
goal kick
haha thats such an unexpected pick by you MIKE

To play the game is good, to win the game is great, to LOVE the game is the greatest!
H
goal kick
goal kick
H
Northwestern will still be the team to beat in the upstate until someone actually does. Irmo has all the pieces of the puzzle to compete but I'm skeptical if that group can stay focused enough to compete for a state championship. Lexington should still be strong as well as Mauldin. In the lowerstate my pick is Spring Valley, who are just loaded with talent but it will be interesting to see how much success can be attributed to Davis in goal last year. I think Dutch Fork has the biggest drop off of anybody. If RNE can pull an upset, very realistic Dutch Fork is looking at a 4 seed in the playoffs.

W
kick off
kick off
W
Spring Valley will win the state again

W
goal kick
goal kick
W
trojans will clearly be in the hunt. 7 count em 7 players off of the dsc u-17 boys back to back state champions are on that team. with that huge nucleus, they dont need much more but there are plenty of other good trojans. i would be surprised if the trojans and valley dont meet again for all the marbles.

brace
brace
Quote:

trojans will clearly be in the hunt. 7 count em 7 players off of the dsc u-17 boys back to back state champions are on that team. with that huge nucleus, they dont need much more but there are plenty of other good trojans. i would be surprised if the trojans and valley dont meet again for all the marbles.

You better hope that the number doesn't get any larger than 7. There are limits on the number of players from the same team that play on both a club and high school team when coached by the same coach (Dom Wren). I forget the exact stipulations on it but I'm sure you can find it in the SC High School handbook. You wouldn't want to get through a season and find out that your team has to forfeit all of their games due to a missed rule.

Brace
Brace
I believe the number is 8 for soccer.

"I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles"
corner kick
corner kick
The rule for soccer is 8. See the High School League Handbook, page A-29.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard