Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#87846 05/15/07 08:17 PM
F
Hat-Trick
OP Offline
Hat-Trick
F
I am looking to see if the majority would agree to have changes initiated in the HS game. (not that I can do anything about it)

My thoughts-
1- both genders should play 90 minutes
2- A tie is a tie during regular season
3- THE TIME SHOULD BE KEPT ON THE FIELD (I cannot make bigger letters than that)
4- 3 referees for all games
5- Accountability for referees...i.e report cards from the coaches. A means to have fedback from your customers (don't forget who is paying the bill). The report is then reviewed and the referees are assigned accordingly.
6- No conflict of interest (real or perceived) if you are a referee or associated with refereeing then you should not be on staff at any school.
7- fitness requirement (probably already done but not sure) a referee should be fit for the level of the game

Why ?... I believe the influx of club players in HS has been increasing exponentially, for example Irmo, NW, SV, Lex etc have nothing but club players on their squad (both genders) this usually translates into a faster\physical game.

Under accountability - there should be recourse to complain about under performing individuals. Currently I do not know of one (see additional stuff under Club/ODp)

brace
brace
I agree with all points except 2. Unless a STATEWIDE system is put into place that recognizes ties (ie. a point system), it will be worthless. The system needs to be consistant across all regions.

throw in
throw in
I agree the girls game should not be shorter due to sex and the report card thing is good too many ineligible players still play due to the lack of coaches caring about that anymore. Time kept off the field is ridiculous and then stopping the clock with 2 left then its ref time is dumb. I agree with all those suggestions. MACCA

"DON'T HATE THE PLAYER, HATE THE GAME THE PLAYER PLAYS"
A
goal kick
goal kick
A
I also agree there need to be some changes but there are only so many referee's that I've heard it's difficult to get three for each game. And then if theres requirements for things such as fitness, that limits the number even more. Your point number six wouldn't happen to be hinting at any assistant coach in the "Irmo" area of the state would it futbol?

I would also like to praise the officiating crew at last nights state championship game. I thought they let the players play while also keeping the game under control the entire time. Many times officials are crucifide on these message boards but I would also like to hand out a little praise when it is due. Well done to those officiating last night.

throw in
throw in
Oh i dont agree with the tie thing u gotta resolve due to state points and region points

brace
brace
ineligible players dont and cant play—this isnt a coach decision—you misunderstood the point anyway—read carefully—write slowly

eligibility comes from the semester BEFORE the season—based on transcripts and handled by ADs—

"Living well's the best revenge." r.e.m.
throw in
throw in
You have to stay eligible throughout the whole time your playing.....i.e. last year a fellow class mate of mine was failing 2 classes (during the season) but got to play but then another person i know was suspended for academic reasons (grades during the season) so explain that to me smart guy
.......5- Accountability for referees...i.e report cards from the coaches so no i didnt misunderstand that

brace
brace
that may be a rule of the school but not of HSL—the one player could play—he is eligible during the season—the other may have been dropped due to a school or coach rule—

the comment about report cards is the coaches doing them for the REFS—

"Living well's the best revenge." r.e.m.
throw in
throw in
They both went to the same school under the same coach and same AD............

throw in
throw in
but seperate years and YOU HAVE TO STAY ELIGIBLE ALL YEAR!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard