Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#88429 05/29/07 05:49 PM
goal
OP Offline
goal
Here is the roster for the game:

GOALKEEPERS (3) – Brad Guzan (Chivas USA), Tim Howard (Everton FC), Kasey Keller (Borussia Moenchengladbach)
DEFENDERS (6) – Carlos Bocanegra (Fulham FC), Jonathan Bornstein (Chivas USA), Jay DeMerit (Watford FC), Oguchi Onyewu (Standard de Liege), Frank Simek (Sheffield Wednesday), Jonathan Spector (West Ham United)

MIDFIELDERS (7) – DaMarcus Beasley (PSV Eindhoven), Michael Bradley (SC Heerenveen), Clint Dempsey (Fulham FC), Benny Feilhaber (Hamburger SV), Sacha Kljestan (Chivas USA), Jesse Marsch (Chivas USA), Lee Nguyen (PSV Eindhoven)

FORWARDS (3) – Charlie Davies (Hammarby IF), Kamani Hill VfL Wolfsburg), Ante Razov (Chivas USA)

If one of these fowards does particularly well they could see themselves being called up alot more. Glad to see new faces at this position.

I hate floppers
World Cup
World Cup
I've seen Razov before and I hope he can do some fun things. I know nothing other the others.

goal
OP Offline
goal
I really loved watching that game it was one of the more exicting games I have watched lately. There is nobody who really played bad. I would have sad Dempsey but he put some things together near the end.

I love the things Bradley is doing with the youth, and hope that alot of those players see some more callups, not just friendlies. Micheal Bradley is my kind of player too...very scrappy.

It is about time US does something on freekicks....I like seeing goals off of them.

Although it was China....I still enjoyed it.

My player of the game: well honestly I cant really think of one, they all played well....toss up between Onyewu, Feilhaber, Beasley

I hate floppers
S
corner kick
corner kick
S
Lee Nguyen will be a a special player in the future.

A
goal kick
goal kick
A
I agree that as a team, the US played well and the game itself was very entertaining. Good result and fun to watch. Even though Beasley did have a goal and a great free kick to set up Gooch, I still think he was a little inconsistent throughout the game. He gave the ball away to easily on a couple of different occasions especially in the first half. Yet he was still better than what he has been recently. I was very pleased with Feilhaber and still think Dempsey is still the most entertaining with the ball at his feet. When he plays simple it's great soccer. For example Feilhaber's goal came off Dempsey being able to trap a ball with his chest and laying it off for the ball over the top to Feilhaber's goal. Gooch was solid in the back and Bradley was all over the place in the middle. He is an extremely hard worker. Love seeing the young guys getting the caps and experience.

Link Copied to Clipboard