Goal
Goal
L
what channel are the games on?

S
Brace
Brace
S
The only way you can see ALL the Gold Cup games is thru Telefutura, Univision, and Galavision, which are all spanish stations. Fox Soccer Channel only passes the US games and the final. So if you have these three spanish stations n dont mind being lost in translation for 90 minutes.........then these are the channels to watch all the matches live

Last edited by jaguarsfutbol; 06/09/07 03:00 PM.

Misael Garzon
May River HS Boys Varsity Head Coach
mgarzon1217@gmail.com
world cup
world cup
Highlight of today's T&T-US match was at the 51st minute, when the camera panned the crowd and showed a guy using his long plastic horn as a funnel, and his buddy filling up the wide end with Budweisers!

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
World Cup
OP Offline
World Cup
U.S. advances to Gold Cup quarterfinals
By ANDREW DALTON, Associated Press Writer

The U.S. soccer team keep on winning, even though the Americans are not impressing. Despite a depleted defense and a tepid offense, the United States advanced to the quarterfinals of the CONCACAF Gold Cup with a 2-0 victory Saturday over Trinidad and Tobago.

Brian Ching scored in the first half and Landon Donovan became the U.S. career points leader when he fed Eddie Johnson for a second-half goal.

"I'm disappointed at the team," U.S. coach Bob Bradley said. "We had good chances, and I think we had opportunities to score two more goals."

Ching scored his fifth international goal in the 29th minute off a long pass from Justin Mapp, and Johnson doubled the lead in the 54th, scoring his 10th goal for the United States and his first since Feb. 19, 2006. Donovan got his 25th assist to go along with 30 international goals, and with 85 points he moved one ahead of Eric Wynalda for the career lead.

The United States improved to 6-0-1 since Bradley replaced Bruce Arena as coach and remained unbeaten in 21 group-play games in the Gold Cup, the championship of soccer's North and Central American and Caribbean region. The Americans are seeking their second straight Gold Cup title and a berth in the 2009 FIFA Confederations Cup.

Kasey Keller played his 99th international game, one short of Tony Meola's record for U.S. goalkeepers, and got his 47th shutout.

Keller often barked at the defense, missing some of its mainstays. While the Americans never appeared in danger of losing, they appeared flustered and unorganized late in the first half, giving Trinidad and Tobago several scoring chances.

Trinidad, coming off its first World Cup appearance last year, lost to El Salvador in its Gold Cup opener and remained winless in the tournament since 2000. It plays Guatemala on Tuesday.

The Americans, who finish the opening round Tuesday against El Salvador at Foxborough, Mass., used 10 different starters from Thursday's opening 1-0 win over Guatemala. Midfielder Benny Feilhaber was the lone holdover.

Mapp was in the far left corner when he sent the ball under the feet of a charging Ching, who skipped it into the goal. The 29-year-old Hawaiian, who plays for the Major League Soccer's Houston Dynamo, converted after missing on several tantalizing chances earlier, including a pair of one-on-ones against goalkeeper Jan Michael Williams.

"When I come to the national team I know and understand my role," Ching said. "I think I try to combine well with guys, set guys up and kind of be a big bruiser up front."

Donovan, who entered at the start of the second half, created the goal after taking a long pass from Ching that left him with Johnson in the center for a two-on-one. Donovan crossed the ball, and Johnson scored easily.

"Landon is a versatile player. And every game is different," Bradley said. "And the ability to use him in different ways to ensure that we find him in good spots is important. That is a great thing from such a talented player and that's why he has such respect from everyone inside the team."

Johnson, coming off a pair of three-goal games for MLS's Kansas City Wizards, came out in the 71st minute with a mild knee strain.

The United States has secured a quarterfinal spot, but has not yet clinched first place in its group, leaving that as a goal in Tuesday's game against El Salvador.

"We have to make sure we do it right as we move to the quarterfinals," Bradley said. "We have to get at least a point to get to the top of our group."

Saturday's reported sellout crowd of 27,000 was largely due to Guatemala's 1-0 victory over El Salvador earlier in the day, but the United States had a majority of the Southern California fans pulling for it, a rarity in a tournament that features mostly Latin American teams that are extremely popular in the region.

S
corner kick
corner kick
S
Anyone notice the terrible sideline official? He called several offsides that were clearly onsides. Where do they get these guys?

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Yeah same official on all of the bad calls. Notice that on the other side the AR was doing a much better job. The left/far side official even goofed up two T&T breakways.
What made it worst was the "offsides player" was eclipsed by the defender in about 4 of the 6 bad calls. That should be easy to see from his viewpoint. He even put himself in perfect position everytime.
The only excuse I can think of is the crowd noise prevented him from hearing the strike of the ball. It was a bad case of the official getting too involved.

S
Brace
Brace
S
Yeah that side ref made some very bad calls on both sides of the field. I think he refd some of the high school games around here. But seriously, USA looked much better today and now they can focus on the next round, bcuz i dont think El Salvador will give them that hard a fight. But what about those Guadeloupe boys beating Canada and in 1st place in group A??? Show them boys some luv!!!!!!

Misael Garzon
May River HS Boys Varsity Head Coach
mgarzon1217@gmail.com
Brace
Brace
Quote:

Anyone notice the terrible sideline official? He called several offsides that were clearly onsides. Where do they get these guys?

Just typical officials IMO, no matter the level. They all suck on a regular basis!

"I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles"
J
world cup
world cup
J
Anybody happen to be going to Chicago for the Final?

P
Pep Offline
bench
bench
P
That sideline official was terrible. He didn't make questionable calls, he made the absolute wrong calls! I guess that's just the way the ball bounces sometimes! Good win for the USA though!

Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard