Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
S
Brace
Brace
S
^^^^^^ Yeah ur right about that. He is a beast. But i'm about ready for this tournament to end. Counting down to the Copa America already. N i dont htink Mexico is still playing up to their potential. Everything they are weak on in defense is Guadeloupe's strenght (speed and headers).

Misael Garzon
May River HS Boys Varsity Head Coach
mgarzon1217@gmail.com
World Cup
Online Content
World Cup
I certainly hope that the U.S. can pull off the semifinal vs. the Canucks and I hope that Mexico advance in the other semi for attendance and rivalry sakes.

A sellout at Soldier Field in the Gold Cup would be a solid testament for the USMNT.

Also, per USMNT reports, as I understand it the U.S. will field a more "inexperienced" side in the Copa America and use it more for seasoning some of the younger players that have not been exposed as much to international soccer.

At any rate, I love having summer international soccer to focus on and that we can watch on TV.

brace
brace
Quote:

Also, per USMNT reports, as I understand it the U.S. will field a more "inexperienced" side in the Copa America and use it more for seasoning some of the younger players that have not been exposed as much to international soccer.

Why would they do that in that tournament? I would have thought that they field the younger guys more in this tournament given that the Copa should have tougher competition.

World Cup
Online Content
World Cup
My understanding is that the decision was made primarily to get the more heralded MLS players back to their respective domestic teams and to give the Euro-based players a summer break.

I could have heard wrong however.

World Cup
Online Content
World Cup
There is a good thread discussing this issue at BigSoccer.com -- USMNT 2007 Schedule.

The interesting points that I took from the article is that Bob Bradley is 8-0-1 heading into the semifinal of the Gold Cup with Canada. Also the USMNT is averaging 2.11 goals per match under Bradley. According to some posters in the thread, the Copa America roster will be released Thursday.

goal
goal
I am glad to see he is gonna use a more 'inexperienced' roster those guys are just as good, and I think they can do well. Hard to call them 'inexperienced' when most of them have played u20 nationals and such.

Plus Donovan doesnt want to play in it so he can be with his man lover beckham when he gets to LA.

I hate floppers
S
Brace
Brace
S
If you look at the other nine participants in the Copa, other than Brazil who is sending their "B" squad, the other teams are sending World Cup caliber teams to this tournament. What Bradley should have done is used the "inexperienced" guys in this jv tournament and send a much tougher squad to Venezuela, where the competition will be 10x tougher than El Salvador and Panama. As for Donovan, he knew this tournamnet was gonna be a weak one, so he would look good. Everybody knows he chokes on the important tournamnets against really good squads. Let him be with his master Beckham.

Misael Garzon
May River HS Boys Varsity Head Coach
mgarzon1217@gmail.com
goal
goal
Honestly I dont believe in our younger guys being the 'B' squad...we will see what they are made of in Copa play.

I hate floppers
F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F

World Cup
OP Offline
World Cup
Onside clearly!

Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard