Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
E
goal kick
goal kick
E
Give Donovan credit for laying the ball off for Beasley when he could have gone for it to break Wynalda's scoring record (although I'd like to see him pull the trigger a bit more.) Beasley could have goofed that more if he'd stubbed his toe and fell on his face.

goal
goal
Just saw Feilhabers goal on the internet and all I have to say is easily best goal of the tournament and probably of the year. Glad he is on the roster for the copa cup and hope to see more of him.

If you havent seen it here:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=...h&plindex=3

I hate floppers
P
Pep Offline
bench
bench
P
Feilhaber's was incredible. Best goal I have seen from an American in a long while.

brace
brace
When you watch volley attempts like that, 9 times out of 10 the player really misses it badly. that's one of the nicest goals that I have seen in a while.

On the other hand, Beasley's miss was one of the worst shots that I have seen. You simply should not miss a shot like that.

S
Brace
Brace
S
Great win for the US and a beautiful goal, don't know about the best of the tourney though. Angloma's goal against Canda is probably the best one in the tourney. But great finish by US. As for el "tri", their coach is in hot water right now, for losing (once again) to the US and for his comments after the game. Got a feeling both these squads are gonna slump at the Copa though. US squad is way too inexperienced and Mexico is on some bad times. ONLY ONE MORE DAY!!!!!!

Misael Garzon
May River HS Boys Varsity Head Coach
mgarzon1217@gmail.com
F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
Beautiful goal... in spanish "GOLAZO"... My U10s missed one like Beasley's

Would you believe tha the Mexican papers clearly state that US was helped in the game by the refereeing who called a "minor" infraction in the box?

I do not know about you but it was clearly a PK as much as Canada's 2nd goal was not offside.

for a little credit, however, the papers are now saying that US is the number 1 team in the region period. In many blogs there is shame in the fact that Mexico is "happy" because at least they scored for the first rime in 800 minutes. Hugo is most definetely in hot water and the Brazil game will not help either.

As far as the US... a somewhat inexperienced squad beat (on paper) a very strong mexican team.

Castillo and Guardado are nightmare players and Bocanegra had the best game I ever saw him play. As bad as it sounds, the best play Spector made was to collide heads with Guardado. He was definetely out of it after that.

I like the fact that Bradley is going to copa america with young talent (I assume by choice). Ther are many complaints from the mexican squad about resting a from long seasons. He will have his first losses as coach and will give valuable experience to many players for future use. Long term thinking is what US soccer has to be about.

C
kick off
kick off
C
First off the goal by Feilhaber was amazing it looked like the replay of the goal that Argentina scored against Mexico in the world cup to knock them out last year..also i loved how Hugo was whinning to the refs after the game was over he realized that he is probably going to get fired...and as far as the Copa America goes its going to be a learning expierence for the young US squad...If they do pull out a win against Argentina it will be a pretty big upset in the soccer world and maybe good for soccer in the States.

S
Brace
Brace
S
Yeah i read in some of the spanish papers that it wasn't a penalty, but regardless USA dominated the second half. As for players being "tired" or needing a break from Mexico's squad, Many of those players are what the media calls "lavolpistas" (in reference to the former coach Lavolpe). They don't like Hugo. Look at many players in the other squads like Nessi and Farfan and others who haven't ahd a break and yet are honored to play in the Copa. USA, i believe is gonna put up better efforts, but the most they'll get iis 1 pt. As for mexico, they're gettin goose egged. O n US is the #1 team in CONCACAF

Misael Garzon
May River HS Boys Varsity Head Coach
mgarzon1217@gmail.com
F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
Agreed JAG.... what i was indirectly stating is that the US chose to let some of the European players rest and the MLS big names go back to their teams. This can only help Bradley in the long run. He is willing to put out a very young team and take a whipping just so he can have more experience in the future.

Is it Bradley's doing? or USSF? Do not know, but long term is the way to go.

As far as lavolpistas...if this is the way in the future, Mexico will never be a powerhouse again in Concacaf. as an example see Bruce Arena and 2006... I do not like him...I do not know my assignment.... blah blah blah.... you are professionals which means you get paid.

I do not like some of the people I have to deal with, but I deal with them in any case. Bunch of prima donnas... I am willing to bet that had Mexico won the whole song and dance about Sanchez and Lavolpa would be different.

L
Goal
Goal
L
will any copa matches be on TV/cable?

Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard