Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
S
Goal
Goal
S
Quote:

They had about 1 million shots on goals and just couldnt finish.

And therein lies our biggest problem. We will always be a 2nd tier team until we start producing strikers with the same pedigree as our keepers.

S
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
S
That's a good point watcher. Another interesting note, if you watched both of last night's games, you could see that the players were extremely tired. MAracaibo, the city whre they played, is one of the worst humid cities in venezuela and is hell during the summer. Both Paraguay and Argentina were drenched in the second half, while the US and Colombia seemed to just carry on. Very good improvement from the US fro the Argentina match. Bradley is doing a phenomenal job with these youngsters in giving them this experience.

Misael Garzon
May River HS Boys Varsity Head Coach
mgarzon1217@gmail.com
S
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
S
Well, all the teams are set for the next round. Venezuela will play Urugay on Friday night at 6:05, followed by Brazil-Chile at 8:30. Rematches from the first round that will hopefully be way more interesting than what these games have been so far. On Saturday, Mexico will play the loser of the Argentina/Paraguay match, or if they draw, they'll face Argentina, again in the Quarterfinals (remember the World Cup?), followed by the Group C winner against Peru. As for 2night, USA-Colombia nad Argentina "B"-Paraguay. I say Colombia 3-1 and Argentina "B" 2-1.

Misael Garzon
mgarzon1217@gmail.com
goal
goal
ok that usa was very bad....

*US seemed like they just wanted to pass the ball around the box all day rather than try a shot

*Ok that has to be like the US's C team

*Guzan had a decent game

*Eddie Johnso you are garbage and extremly predictable, Ngyeun and Davies played better than him

*Did I mention the refs were horrible. They called everything against Columbia, some of the US's flops were so obvious and he would call them. I couldnt help but feel the refs were trying to cheat Columbia.

*HOW CAN YOU NOT EVEN GET A SHOT OFF WITHIN 30 YARDS OF THE GOAL, WHEN THEY ARE DOWN A MAN, AND THEY HAVE A FIELD PLAYER IN GOAL. THEY HAD 4 MINUTES TO SCORE AND DID NOTHING!

I hate floppers
S
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
S
They were just going for the "experience" factor. Ended up being the worst team in the Copa. But bad game by both sides. Now that Argentina-Paraguay game was an excellent match. Very exciting game and a beautiful goal by the Argentinian. Now on to the quarterfinals

Misael Garzon
mgarzon1217@gmail.com
goal
goal
I had a small feeling going into this cup that we were not going to preform very well, but now that the cup is over for the US I can't seem to feel anything but dissapointment.

We could have taken a better team than that could we have not???? I mean I know they need experience, but not all at the same time right? Dissapointing to keep seeing us underacheive in big tournaments, it was like we didnt even really try to do anything in this one.

I hate floppers
S
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
S
Yeah US ended up being the worst team in the tournamnet statistically at least. But these quarterfinals have been very surpirisng?? 6-0,6-1,4-1,4-0????? What is this the Gold Cup????? Very bad level of playing by these teams. But now the 4 top teams of the Americas are left. Tuesday Brazil and Uruguay face off in what might be a very good match, and on Wednesday a rematch of the World Cup quarterfinals between Argentina and Mexico. I say Uruguay upsets Brazil 2-1 in PKs and Argentina 3-1 over Mexico. BTW, these stadiums look really beautiful. Glad to see the $500 million dollars in renovations didnt go to waste

Misael Garzon
mgarzon1217@gmail.com
world cup
world cup
Watched the second half and PK's of the Uraguay-Brasil game at a bar outside of Baltimore. No sound due to a live band. Game was very entertaining. Heartbreak for Uruguay as they wasted a "match point" in the 6th or 7th round.

I really thought the Brasil keeper moved forward very early on the deciding kick.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
I agree with you 100%... Uruguay looked to be the better team for most of the first half as well. The last pk should have been retaken...The uruguayan goalkeeper was arguing with the ref that the brazilian moved forward.

Too bad it ended in a little brawl.

Brazil did not have the normal unit in this tournament and I thought the left midfielder for Uruguay was a thorn on Brazil's side all night (Forlan came on strong in the secomd half). As far as Robinho... I saw nothing from him.

We'll see how "El Tri" does tonight against Argentina, although I probably will be watching the US vs Uruguay U20 world cup game

world cup
world cup
Is the US-Argentina U-20 game on ESPN or ESPNU tonight?

What time?

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard