Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#88959 06/27/07 04:06 PM
S
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
S
Guess we'll make this the "official" blog of the Copa America. Last night Peru upset Uruguay 3-0 and Venezuela and Bolivia tied 2-2. retty exciting game between Bolivia and Venezuela, Bolivia playing really well. As for the Peru-Uruguay match, a clear shocker the way Peru dominated the "celestes" and a beatiful goal by Paolo of Peru. Tonight Ecuador faces Chile at 6:30 pm, and Brazil squares off against el "Tri" at 8:30. I say Ecuador wins 3-1 and Brazil 2-0

Last edited by jaguarsfutbol; 06/27/07 04:06 PM.

Misael Garzon
May River HS Boys Varsity Head Coach
mgarzon1217@gmail.com
World Cup
World Cup
Bolivia has traditionally STUNK. Tying the host made me angry as well. I owe someone some money

F
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
F
Mexico is pulling out a very nice game as of right now 2-0 with Brazil.

S
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
S
how do you think i feel Floriday? I'm Venezuelan and i am highly disappointed. So far it has been nothing but upsets in the Copa. Chile beat Ecuador 3-2 and right now Mexico is trying to hold off Brazil. At this rate, USA will beat Argentina tomorrow!!!!!!!!N good to see Mexico playing more to their style so far

Misael Garzon
mgarzon1217@gmail.com
World Cup
World Cup
Chile was favored by Vegas to beat Ecuador, but I thought different $$$!!!

F
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
F
This is a much better squad than the one from the gold cup. Hope they go far in this tournament.

World Cup
World Cup
Daggum Hugo...

F
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
F
final result mexico 2 brazil 0 mexico could of had one more at the end but mexico won.

S
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
S
well great win by Mexico, being able to hold off Brazil's second half attack and winning 2-0. A clear surprise. But what about this Nery Castillo? He has a player wide open n tries to do it solo. Later he's surrounded by 3 Brazilians and tries to pass to no one, and on the last play, he is COMPLETELY by himself and misses the empty netter!!! Great player but he is a somewhat ballhog. Nonetheless, Hugo pulled it off!!!!! I'm losing too much money in this cup already

Misael Garzon
mgarzon1217@gmail.com
world cup
world cup
Nery Castillo is a tremendous player, but his 90th minute miss was terrible. Donovan's whiff and Beasley's ball off the crossbar don't seem too bad now.

Also....the Ecuador-Chile game was very good, with Ecuador blowing a 2-1 second half lead and Chile prevailing 3-2.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
goal
goal
That miss by Mexico was pretty funny.

I hate floppers
S
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
S
I was at the restaurant watching it with my Mexican buddies and how they reacted was hilarious. I think they used every possible word in the book, But Nery is an awesome player, but he hogs too much. Futbol is a team sport and many times he tried to show off too much. But his goal was beautiful. SO at this rate, there's been nothing but upsets so far. Tonight Paraguay and Colombia face off at 6:30, afterwards the US and Argentina will play at 8:45. My predictions (which have been completely off so far) is gonna be Colombia 2-1 over Paraguay and Argentina 3-1 over the young US squad

Misael Garzon
mgarzon1217@gmail.com
goal
goal
upsets are the name of the game and what an upset it would be.....

I hate floppers
F
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
F
Good luck to the stars and stripes tonight.

World Cup
World Cup
For those in the Midlands wanting to watch Copa America -- or any other soccer events -- I encourage you to check out a brand new eatery and watering hole:

The Cock & Bull Pub Grill
2910 Rosewood Drive
Columbia, SC 29205
(803) 251-4474

"The C&B" opened in late May and is owned and operated by a former Wando HS player that used to work at the Original D's Wings in Cayce (Parkland Plaza).

It would be a nice gesture of the 'futbol faithful' to give "The C&B" a chance this summer and fall as they try to get off the ground in Columbia.

F
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
F
its so nice that argentina is a loaded team with all of their super stars but i see that they are equal to the american team.

goal
goal
does anyone know of any live gametracker or anything, if so post a link..

I hate floppers
L
Goal
Goal
L
wow.....what about argentina's 2nd goal! some nice combo passing and a great finish....you can't get caught ball watching with these guy.

goal
goal
just found one and just found out ARG scored it is 2-1
http://www.univision.com/uv/stats/copa/play-by-play/17206?season=2007

I hate floppers
goal
goal
screw it now that my 1-1 prediction is over i am not watching the gametracker, will watch highlights tommorrow at work.....i hate not having these channels

I hate floppers
S
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
S
well, the final score is 4-1 Argentina. USA held on for as long as it could but Argentina's experience just prevailed. Crazy night with two blowouts, the first being Paraguay destroying Colombia 5-0. But great touching by Colombia, just gotta play some D!! As for the US-Argentina, great effort by the US throughout the firs 50 minutes or so, then Argentina just took over. Lots of goals in this tournament so far

Misael Garzon
mgarzon1217@gmail.com
F
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
F
i pull for mexico and i can say that if america had their good team it would of been a different score. i dont want argentina to win i dont really like them at all. but great effort by a very young american team.

world cup
world cup
Great effort for the first 45 minutes by the US but the cream eventually rose to the top.

That Argentina squad is absolutely star-studded. Tevez is in great form and he can't even earn a starting spot.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
goal
goal
i thought it might stay even after the first 45

I hate floppers
S
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
S
I forgot the guy's name who was covering Messi but he did an outstanding job. So far this tournament has been real good with an average of 4 goals a game, and they have been great games. WhatDoestItMatter, ur missing out on some great futbol. Get Dish my man!!!!!

Misael Garzon
mgarzon1217@gmail.com
goal
goal
I have DirectTv at the house but we dont have all the channels, and cant talk the parents into upgrading *which bites*. When I move back to school in August I am buying the complete sports package and will get all the channel, I cant wait. But for now I spend alot of time on youtube, watching highlights and goals that people post, but i would love to be able to sit down and watch an entire game.

I have the disney coorporation for not covering this cup and the Gold cup. If they had it, it would be on ABC, and the ESPN channels.

I hate floppers
K
goal kick
goal kick
K
Try ussoccer.com. I watched a U20 warmup match for free. Seems like someone on bigsoccer.com posted some places to watch on the internet for free. Don't forget, U20 world cup match today at 5 on ESPNU

S
kick off
kick off
S

S
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
S
yeah the link above streams all games live, only thing is that it's in spanish. But futbol is an international language.

Misael Garzon
mgarzon1217@gmail.com
goal
goal
hey thanks steve that helps alot now i can watch the rest of the US games on there, do you know if they play all the games on that.

I looked on the univision website at the beginning of the tournament and got lost in the spanish website.....

I hate floppers
S
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
S
Yeah every game is streamed through that link. Tonight was a not so stellar night compared to the other nights so far. Uruguay beat Bolivia 1-0 in the worst game so far in this Copa. Afterwards, Venezuela got its second ever win in the Copa, defeating Peru 2-0. STarted boring but got more interesting the second half. Congrats my people in the "vinotinto" for getting that win.

Misael Garzon
mgarzon1217@gmail.com
F
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
F
Amazing game by Brazil. Brazil 3 Chile 0 a hat trick by Robhino. I hate for the guys who can't watch these games!

F
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
F
at 22 minutes into the game castillo puts one into the net. giving mexico the lead 1-0

goal
goal
I CAN NOW WATCH THE GAMES!!!!!!!

I watched the 2 today on that link....after putting on the 56" tv, and zooming in to make it full screen, i hocked up the sound system to it. Quality of the video is actually pretty good for streaming online, and it is fun listening to spanish.

Brazil was awsome to watch, man those guys are fast paced.

Not taking anything away from Mexico, but i really am, I think Ecuador schould have won that game, they had much more chances and possesed the ball alot more than Mexico.

I hate floppers
S
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
S
Watching the matches in spanish, in my opinion, is a lot better than the english guys the US tv's have to offer. But Brazil finally played like it should. Watching them is a lesson to learn everytime. And i agree with you WDiM, Mexico, once again, got lucky tonight. Ecuador was the better team, just like Brazil was the other night. But once hte competition gets stiffer, tehy will lose. They don't get past the quarterfinals. But good games today. Cant wait for tomorrow's matches between Paraguay and USA at 6:30, and the fiercest south american rivalry, Colombia and Argentina at 8:30..........I say Paraguay 3-1 and Colombia will get the upset 2-1

Misael Garzon
mgarzon1217@gmail.com
goal
goal
great game by the mexican goalkeeper though, i thought he was superman till they scored.

I hate floppers
World Cup
World Cup
Halftime = United States 1-1 Paraguay
Goals = (PAR) Edgar Barreto, 31'; (USA) Ricardo Clark, 42'
Assists = (PAR) Roque Santa Cruz; (USA) Taylor Twellman

goal
goal
so the soccer gods must really not want me to watch these games or something. Right after the US goal my DSL starts to have issues. By the time i finish troubleshooting the game was over. I hate you Bellsouth go fix your own DNS problems!!!!!!

I hate floppers
D
corner kick
corner kick
D
Final score United States 1-3 Paraguay

S
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
S
Yeah US played real good. They had about 1 million shots on goals and just couldnt finish. The game was a lot closer than what the score tells you. AS for this Argentina-Colombia match, you want a hated rivalry game, watch it cuz it has been an extremely rough first half.

Misael Garzon
mgarzon1217@gmail.com
S
Goal
Goal
S
Quote:

They had about 1 million shots on goals and just couldnt finish.

And therein lies our biggest problem. We will always be a 2nd tier team until we start producing strikers with the same pedigree as our keepers.

S
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
S
That's a good point watcher. Another interesting note, if you watched both of last night's games, you could see that the players were extremely tired. MAracaibo, the city whre they played, is one of the worst humid cities in venezuela and is hell during the summer. Both Paraguay and Argentina were drenched in the second half, while the US and Colombia seemed to just carry on. Very good improvement from the US fro the Argentina match. Bradley is doing a phenomenal job with these youngsters in giving them this experience.

Misael Garzon
mgarzon1217@gmail.com
S
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
S
Well, all the teams are set for the next round. Venezuela will play Urugay on Friday night at 6:05, followed by Brazil-Chile at 8:30. Rematches from the first round that will hopefully be way more interesting than what these games have been so far. On Saturday, Mexico will play the loser of the Argentina/Paraguay match, or if they draw, they'll face Argentina, again in the Quarterfinals (remember the World Cup?), followed by the Group C winner against Peru. As for 2night, USA-Colombia nad Argentina "B"-Paraguay. I say Colombia 3-1 and Argentina "B" 2-1.

Misael Garzon
mgarzon1217@gmail.com
goal
goal
ok that usa was very bad....

*US seemed like they just wanted to pass the ball around the box all day rather than try a shot

*Ok that has to be like the US's C team

*Guzan had a decent game

*Eddie Johnso you are garbage and extremly predictable, Ngyeun and Davies played better than him

*Did I mention the refs were horrible. They called everything against Columbia, some of the US's flops were so obvious and he would call them. I couldnt help but feel the refs were trying to cheat Columbia.

*HOW CAN YOU NOT EVEN GET A SHOT OFF WITHIN 30 YARDS OF THE GOAL, WHEN THEY ARE DOWN A MAN, AND THEY HAVE A FIELD PLAYER IN GOAL. THEY HAD 4 MINUTES TO SCORE AND DID NOTHING!

I hate floppers
S
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
S
They were just going for the "experience" factor. Ended up being the worst team in the Copa. But bad game by both sides. Now that Argentina-Paraguay game was an excellent match. Very exciting game and a beautiful goal by the Argentinian. Now on to the quarterfinals

Misael Garzon
mgarzon1217@gmail.com
goal
goal
I had a small feeling going into this cup that we were not going to preform very well, but now that the cup is over for the US I can't seem to feel anything but dissapointment.

We could have taken a better team than that could we have not???? I mean I know they need experience, but not all at the same time right? Dissapointing to keep seeing us underacheive in big tournaments, it was like we didnt even really try to do anything in this one.

I hate floppers
S
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
S
Yeah US ended up being the worst team in the tournamnet statistically at least. But these quarterfinals have been very surpirisng?? 6-0,6-1,4-1,4-0????? What is this the Gold Cup????? Very bad level of playing by these teams. But now the 4 top teams of the Americas are left. Tuesday Brazil and Uruguay face off in what might be a very good match, and on Wednesday a rematch of the World Cup quarterfinals between Argentina and Mexico. I say Uruguay upsets Brazil 2-1 in PKs and Argentina 3-1 over Mexico. BTW, these stadiums look really beautiful. Glad to see the $500 million dollars in renovations didnt go to waste

Misael Garzon
mgarzon1217@gmail.com
world cup
world cup
Watched the second half and PK's of the Uraguay-Brasil game at a bar outside of Baltimore. No sound due to a live band. Game was very entertaining. Heartbreak for Uruguay as they wasted a "match point" in the 6th or 7th round.

I really thought the Brasil keeper moved forward very early on the deciding kick.

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
I agree with you 100%... Uruguay looked to be the better team for most of the first half as well. The last pk should have been retaken...The uruguayan goalkeeper was arguing with the ref that the brazilian moved forward.

Too bad it ended in a little brawl.

Brazil did not have the normal unit in this tournament and I thought the left midfielder for Uruguay was a thorn on Brazil's side all night (Forlan came on strong in the secomd half). As far as Robinho... I saw nothing from him.

We'll see how "El Tri" does tonight against Argentina, although I probably will be watching the US vs Uruguay U20 world cup game

world cup
world cup
Is the US-Argentina U-20 game on ESPN or ESPNU tonight?

What time?

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
US vs Uruguay U20 on ESPNU I think 7:30 or 7:45

I believe that is the most letter U typing I have ever done

world cup
world cup
Thanks...I confirmed that in USA Today.

S
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
S
Well, the final is ready and it will once again be Brazil-Argentina for the Copa. After Argentina dominated Mexico last night, this looks to be an intriguing matchup. I say Argentina 3-1 in a not so close game. Argentina is just way too dominant.

Misael Garzon
mgarzon1217@gmail.com
goal
goal
If anyone wants a lesson on counter attacking go back and look at the copa final. Brazil is the master at it.

I hate floppers
S
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
S
Yeah Brazil just played the way they needed to completely shut down the Argentinian. Beautiful gamplay by Dunga and once again he beats Argentina 3-0 and breaks their hearts.

Misael Garzon
mgarzon1217@gmail.com
J
world cup
world cup
J
Very frustrating game to watch as an impartial 3rd party. I can't help but be impressed by what the "reserve" Brazil team did. But I was really hoping for a more competitive final.

S
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
S
yeah i was overall disappointed too but can't take anything away from the "B" squad of Brazil just dominating Argentina's best team.

Misael Garzon
mgarzon1217@gmail.com
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard