kick off
C
Game time for the championship is at 10:30 on Lexington field 10

F
Hat-Trick
OP Offline
Hat-Trick
F
Nasa U18 wins premier league, Lexington comes in second and CUFC third.

CUFC had to win against NASA to come in first but fell short in a 2-1 loss in a game which I felt was controlled by NASA.

Lexington beat TYSA 3-0 to capture second place and a ticket to regionals in June. Lexington lost 2-1 to NASA after leading most of the game 1-0. The second NASA goal was a superb strike by number 20.

CUFC eeked out a hard fought win over TYSA after trailing 1-0 most of the game by scoring 2 late goals. CUFC controlled the game but had difficulty in finding the back of the net

B
goal
goal
B
It's very probable that both Lexington and CUFC will make it to Regionals. If CUFC wins the state cup they go as the state rep. If Lexington wins state cup, CUFC go as the 2nd PL rep. If neither Lexington or CUFC win state cup, CUFC can still go if NASA wins the state cup.

L
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
L
Did CESA 91 Premier Boys play CUFC 91 Elite Boys yesterday in R3PL? Does anyone have a report or know the result?

H
goal
goal
H
No. There was a car accident on Saturday in which two CESA players were injured (on the way to Columbia). My understanding is that the boys suffered concussions but are otherwise ok (thank God). Consequently, the weekend schedule was tweaked a bit so that CESA played GSA on Sunday and CUFC played MPSC on Sunday (neither CESA nor CUFC played on Saturday). CESA lost 3-2 and CUFC won 3-2. As a result of Cobb's 1-1 tie with Augusta, CUFC will win the league title with a win over CESA. The game is expected to be played one evening this week.

F
Hat-Trick
OP Offline
Hat-Trick
F
HD = I hope that all are OK and look forward to see them play

Quick check of the standings

No girls teams can clinch a regional spot from R3PL

U18B - Lexington clinched
U17B - both CESA and DSC are still in the hunt
U16B - either CESA and CUFC can do it with only their game against each other left
U15B - CESA Premier is still in the hunt

H
goal
goal
H
CUFC U-16 Elite boys play CESA Premier on Thursday, November 15th, Crooked Creek Park (Chapin) at 8pm. If CUFC wins, they win the league championship. With a tie, CUFC finishes second to Cobb. With a loss, CESA finishes second to Cobb and CUFC finishes third (based on head-to-head tie breaker with CESA).

Great seasons by both CUFC and CESA. As a CUFC parent, I admit my bias but am proud to mention that CUFC has come from the bottom of league last year to playing in a final game with a chance to finish first. Great work by the boys and great work by their coach, Rob Strickland.

S
corner kick
corner kick
S
CUFC '91 Elite boys win 2-0 over CESA '91 Premier

M
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
M
I heard second hand that Zach Acree played an amazing game and scored a great goal. John Taylor added a goal on a header. Congrats to CUFC on an amazing season.

H
goal
goal
H
Disclaimer - my son plays for the winning team. Now, my impressions of the game:

First, it was a great atmosphere. There were probably 150 people at Crooked Creek to see the game. The crowd was certainly a CUFC crowd but was generally respectful and positive. It was cold. The field is in great shape, and big.

CUFC was much better and more threatening in open play than CESA. CESA, as usual, looked dangerous on set-pieces and throw-ins. The CESA keeper was hobbled a bit by a bad collision early in the game, but still managed to play well and had two nice saves in the first half that prevented the game from being 4-0 at half-time.

Zach Acree scored on a rocket from the left side on a great ball from Antoine Parris. A couple of minutes before half-time, John Taylor hit a powerful header straight up the gut on a perfect corner from Joey Demare.

In the second half CESA had a bit more possession than in the first, but never was able to really build much. CUFC had a couple of decent chances but didn't score. For the game I would say CUFC probably won the possession battle 60-40%

All in all, it was a competitive game that was definitely won by the better team on the night. I imagine that these two teams will continue to have a great rivalry for the next couple of years. It's good for them, good for youth soccer and they should both be proud of great seasons in the league. I hope they meet again the State Cup finals. It would be another great match-up.

Way to go United!

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard