CESA P 1W 1L

DSC(4) vs CASL(1)
DSC(8) vs Carolina Select NC(2)

-Attitude reflects leadership-
S
goal
goal
S
I need a little help with premier league rules. When are substitutions allowed? Is there anytime when an opposing team is allowed to substitute on your throw in?

F
Hat-Trick
OP Offline
Hat-Trick
F

S
corner kick
corner kick
S
Looks like DSC may be ready to roll with the additions of Geordi Khoury and Ralphy Lundy.

O
kick off
kick off
O
You left out the addition of Frannie Twohig. Kid is out of Ga...

S
throw in
throw in
S
Interesting news about these two former Bridge players. I didn't realize that Discoveries offered "Charleston area training". These additions will most likely make a very good team even better as evidenced by the best showing of any state team in the first weekend of premier league play. Look forward to see if they can continue the success of this past weekend.

coach
coach
Quite a roster:
Aaron Mayes
Andy Barbieri
Robbie Benson
Shawn Ferguson
Taylor Grim
Tyler Vukoder
Andrew Gorospe
Dennis Moore
Enzo Martinez
Franny Twohig
Clayton Gladden
Craig Lowe
Alex Martinez
Chris Landvik Larsen
Geordi Khoury
Jonathan Bell
Ralph Lundy
Zack Clark

Enzo had 4 in the 8-2 win. DSC beat CASL easily, who in turn beat CESA easily. Good to see this team pick up quality players from GA and other areas of the state. Good Luck to them the rest of the season!

Last edited by 2004striker; 08/28/07 05:59 PM.
T
goal kick
goal kick
T
Quote:

Interesting news about these two former Bridge players. I didn't realize that Discoveries offered "Charleston area training". These additions will most likely make a very good team even better as evidenced by the best showing of any state team in the first weekend of premier league play. Look forward to see if they can continue the success of this past weekend.

DSC doesn't offer Charleston training. The boys have made the trip up to Rock Hill a couple of times for scrimmages/practices.

-Attitude reflects leadership-
Brace
Brace
Who are the GA players? Where do all these kids go to school?

Aaron Mayes
Andy Barbieri - Ft. Mill
Robbie Benson - Northwestern
Shawn Ferguson
Taylor Grim
Tyler Vukoder
Andrew Gorospe
Dennis Moore
Enzo Martinez - Northwestern
Franny Twohig
Clayton Gladden
Craig Lowe
Alex Martinez - Northwestern
Chris Landvik Larsen
Geordi Khoury - Bishop England
Jonathan Bell
Ralph Lundy - Wando
Zack Clark

"I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles"
P
Pep Offline
bench
bench
P
Aaron Mayes- Blythewood
Andy Barbieri - Ft. Mill
Robbie Benson - Northwestern
Shawn Ferguson- Northwestern
Taylor Grim- Oak Ridge High School (TN)
Tyler Vukoder- Ft. Mill
Andrew Gorospe- South Pointe
Dennis Moore- Northwestern (went to Trinity Christian School last year)
Enzo Martinez - Northwestern
Franny Twohig- Frederica Academy (GA)
Clayton Gladden- Nortwestern
Craig Lowe- York
Alex Martinez - Northwestern
Chris Landvik Larsen- Ft. Mill
Geordi Khoury - Bishop England
Jonathan Bell- Heathwood Hall
Ralph Lundy - Wando
Zack Clark- Northwestern

Franny Twohig is from Georgia and Taylor Grim is from Tennessee I believe.

Last edited by Pep; 08/28/07 07:39 PM.
Pep #89977 08/29/07 12:24 AM
world cup
world cup
Andy Barbieri is at Nation Ford this year.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
C
bench
bench
C
It is going to be a tough year for all the u-16 teams........ no favorites yet even though CESA and COBB play this saturday.

S
corner kick
corner kick
S
Congrats to CUFC U16 boys. This weekend they beat Wellington 4-3 on Saturday and First Coast KYX 3-0 on Sunday. Games were played in Savanah.

X
bench
bench
X
GSA 5 DSC 1 ????

S
goal
goal
S
CUFC U16 are on a roll. They are very talented and appear to be playing very well. Too bad the U15's aren't duplicating the success.

H
goal
goal
H
They also won the CESA tournament two weeks ago with a 2-0 win over CESA Premier. Tough game this coming Sunday against GSA. A win there (and if Cobb slips up), the CUFC-CESA game (last of the season) could well be for top spot in the league. That would be something. Plenty of work to be done before that but what a showdown it would be.

S
goal
goal
S
U15 teams CESA Premier and CUFC Elite meet this weekend at Wenwood. A repeat of last spring's state cup match which CESA won 2-0. Manchester? What are you predicting for this game?

H
goal
goal
H
The U-15's (CUFC) are having trouble scoring. CESA is playing quite well. I'd like to predict an upset but, honestly, it'll probably be along the lines of 3-1 to CESA. Hope I'm wrong.

M
brace
brace
M
Soccer 16,

The CESA vs CUFC U15 match this Sunday will pit currently ranked RIIIE #4 vs #11 in what I expect will be a hard fought match between two very talented, athletic and well coached SC teams.

The current league standings mask the level of competiton one should expect from the two top teams in South Carolina. CUFC has the ability to be very strong in the midfield and defensively in addition to an ability to strike quickly if given an opening.

A goal keeper such as CUFC's Sullivan with incredible reflexes off the line as well as on high and low shots is always a challenge to score against.

As you know, when rivals play one another in any sport anything can happen. The CUFC tie against Alpharetta Ambush last weekend will give the team a huge phsychological lift in their preparation for the game this week.

Of course, I expect a CESA win just as you expect a CUFC win. Great sportsmanship and exciting competition should be the script for the day.

Last edited by Manchester; 10/05/07 04:27 AM.

Imagine. Believe. Achieve.
S
goal
goal
S
The dark side has spoken!

I am looking forward to a very entertaining game between the teams. I believe the premier schedule pitting like opponents for each weekend allows for an appreciation of talent not so much a rivalry. But then again when the whistle blows "game on"!

Good Luck and I'll tell ole #16 to take it easy on ya!

M
brace
brace
M
#16 never holds back. Tell him to have fun! See you Sunday afternoon.

Imagine. Believe. Achieve.
P
Pep Offline
bench
bench
P
Congrats to DSC for beating CESA 2-0!! Nice job boys!!

Pep #89989 10/22/07 06:04 PM
F
Hat-Trick
OP Offline
Hat-Trick
F
Near the end of the season

http://www.hotstat.com/classic/league.cfm?id=998

I am not 100% sure but I believe that the top 2 premier boys East teams automatically qualify for regionals this year. Last year was the west. Top two West girls

Boys - Two games to go - Although in some brackets non SC teams may have more games left. These states do not play state cup until Spring

U15 Boys
CESA currently 3rd
U16 Boys
CUFC currently 2nd, CESA currently 3rd
U17 Boys
DSC currently 4th , CESA 5
U18 Boys
Lexington currently 2nd, CUFC currently 3rd

U15 girls
Bottom of the pack
U16 girls
lower half of the pack
17 girls
CESA 4 - 4 games left
U18 girls
CESA P 5 - two games left

S
corner kick
corner kick
S
Question - Do I understand correctly that IF the top 3 teams in a division all won their states cup, then the highest non-state cup team in that division would go to regionals? Therefore, the 4th place finisher goes to Regionals.

Does anyone have 100% knowledge of the top 2 premier boys East teams qutomatically going?

Thanks

F
Hat-Trick
OP Offline
Hat-Trick
F
The answers are ...yes and yes

go to www.southernregionals.org and look under qualifying for premier league teams....you will note there are two spots reserved for boys east and girls west at every age group. Just found this myself

and yes they keep dropping down until the premier spot is filled. last year there was one age group where the top 3 became their respective state's champions and the #4 team went to regionals (if I remember correctly)

S
corner kick
corner kick
S
Great information! Thanks Futbol!

S
bench
bench
S
I just hope the US Academy club does not start anything for the girls side anytime soon. We don't need the girls competition watered down like they have done for the boys. IMO Not too fair for the older boys playing premier.

S
bench
bench
S
Wow this is great for S.C.
Boys teams have stepped it up this year!
u18- looks like Lexington is the team to beat. Cates, lynch, Jugal, and Calison is a tough team to beat with a Great coach on hand also. Looks like CUFC still have a good chance on going on and beating them later in State cup.. CUFC has so much talent they need to put it on paper now.
u17- CESA#3 is Doing very well with Sebastian leading the whole league in Prmeier with points. He is a tough player to stop with Quick feet and great finishing. Then, DSC#5 always is a hard team to play against with Enzo. Enzo has strength speed and great shot always keep player on the field. Along with new forward ?dont know his name? doing very well also with good back up from the central mid. Can't wait to see how the R3PL will end up in this age group.
U16-Great action in this age group. CUFC tied for #1 doing very well with impressive attacking formation and has keep players. Demare on the outside forward giving speed, quick moves, crosses and hard shots into the game is helping the team a lot. #4 Kyle? off CUFC is another key player for them this year who plays Central forward and has very good strength and a good finisher. The team is very Dynamic and exciting to watch with a sound defense. It is going to be a great game Saturday? i believe when they wrap up there R3PL season against #2 CESA.
U15- dont know much about this age other than CESA is Doing GREAT!! YES!

P
corner kick
corner kick
P
The U18 CUFC Elite team will be playing for the championship tomorrow morning against NASA.

C
kick off
kick off
C
Game time for the championship is at 10:30 on Lexington field 10

F
Hat-Trick
OP Offline
Hat-Trick
F
Nasa U18 wins premier league, Lexington comes in second and CUFC third.

CUFC had to win against NASA to come in first but fell short in a 2-1 loss in a game which I felt was controlled by NASA.

Lexington beat TYSA 3-0 to capture second place and a ticket to regionals in June. Lexington lost 2-1 to NASA after leading most of the game 1-0. The second NASA goal was a superb strike by number 20.

CUFC eeked out a hard fought win over TYSA after trailing 1-0 most of the game by scoring 2 late goals. CUFC controlled the game but had difficulty in finding the back of the net

B
goal
goal
B
It's very probable that both Lexington and CUFC will make it to Regionals. If CUFC wins the state cup they go as the state rep. If Lexington wins state cup, CUFC go as the 2nd PL rep. If neither Lexington or CUFC win state cup, CUFC can still go if NASA wins the state cup.

L
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
L
Did CESA 91 Premier Boys play CUFC 91 Elite Boys yesterday in R3PL? Does anyone have a report or know the result?

H
goal
goal
H
No. There was a car accident on Saturday in which two CESA players were injured (on the way to Columbia). My understanding is that the boys suffered concussions but are otherwise ok (thank God). Consequently, the weekend schedule was tweaked a bit so that CESA played GSA on Sunday and CUFC played MPSC on Sunday (neither CESA nor CUFC played on Saturday). CESA lost 3-2 and CUFC won 3-2. As a result of Cobb's 1-1 tie with Augusta, CUFC will win the league title with a win over CESA. The game is expected to be played one evening this week.

F
Hat-Trick
OP Offline
Hat-Trick
F
HD = I hope that all are OK and look forward to see them play

Quick check of the standings

No girls teams can clinch a regional spot from R3PL

U18B - Lexington clinched
U17B - both CESA and DSC are still in the hunt
U16B - either CESA and CUFC can do it with only their game against each other left
U15B - CESA Premier is still in the hunt

H
goal
goal
H
CUFC U-16 Elite boys play CESA Premier on Thursday, November 15th, Crooked Creek Park (Chapin) at 8pm. If CUFC wins, they win the league championship. With a tie, CUFC finishes second to Cobb. With a loss, CESA finishes second to Cobb and CUFC finishes third (based on head-to-head tie breaker with CESA).

Great seasons by both CUFC and CESA. As a CUFC parent, I admit my bias but am proud to mention that CUFC has come from the bottom of league last year to playing in a final game with a chance to finish first. Great work by the boys and great work by their coach, Rob Strickland.

S
corner kick
corner kick
S
CUFC '91 Elite boys win 2-0 over CESA '91 Premier

M
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
M
I heard second hand that Zach Acree played an amazing game and scored a great goal. John Taylor added a goal on a header. Congrats to CUFC on an amazing season.

H
goal
goal
H
Disclaimer - my son plays for the winning team. Now, my impressions of the game:

First, it was a great atmosphere. There were probably 150 people at Crooked Creek to see the game. The crowd was certainly a CUFC crowd but was generally respectful and positive. It was cold. The field is in great shape, and big.

CUFC was much better and more threatening in open play than CESA. CESA, as usual, looked dangerous on set-pieces and throw-ins. The CESA keeper was hobbled a bit by a bad collision early in the game, but still managed to play well and had two nice saves in the first half that prevented the game from being 4-0 at half-time.

Zach Acree scored on a rocket from the left side on a great ball from Antoine Parris. A couple of minutes before half-time, John Taylor hit a powerful header straight up the gut on a perfect corner from Joey Demare.

In the second half CESA had a bit more possession than in the first, but never was able to really build much. CUFC had a couple of decent chances but didn't score. For the game I would say CUFC probably won the possession battle 60-40%

All in all, it was a competitive game that was definitely won by the better team on the night. I imagine that these two teams will continue to have a great rivalry for the next couple of years. It's good for them, good for youth soccer and they should both be proud of great seasons in the league. I hope they meet again the State Cup finals. It would be another great match-up.

Way to go United!

L
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
L
On the SCYSA website, in the brackets for the Challenge State Cup u16 Boys, it looks as if the CESA 91 Boys are seeded 1st, MPSC 2nd, and CUFC 3rd. I was just wondering how this is-since I thought in R3PL CESA finished 3rd, CUFC 1st, and MPSC last? Does anyone know why the discrepancy? Just curious.

F
Hat-Trick
OP Offline
Hat-Trick
F
L&L... this is because CESA and MPSC are the only two teams that qualified for premier league after last years championship game. CUFC although winning the R3PL ( and gaining an automatic birth to regionals) was an invited team that also had to play the SCSCL in the fall (also coming in first)... Kudos to the coaching staff and the parents as the demands of both leagues would have been pretty high. And of course the players for performing in both environments.

C
bench
bench
C
Do we know who CESA Premier and CUFC will play after the first round?

S
throw in
throw in
S
Depends on who wins: (Assuming CESA Premier and CUFC advance after first rounds)
Mount Pleasant- DSC
CUFC Palmetto- CESA Challenge

F
Hat-Trick
OP Offline
Hat-Trick
F
mom91... this is true for all ages in the SCSCL playoffs pairings.

1 vs 8
4 vs 5

2 vs 7
3 vs 6

For the U16 Boys
#1 = CESA P -R3PL top SC qualified team (CUFC is an invited R3PL team)
#2 = MPSC - R3PL #2 SC qualified team
#3 - CUFC Elite - #1 of SCSCL
#4 - CESA C
#5 - CUFC PAlmetto
#6 - Lexington
#7 - DSC
#8 - Bridge

Of course the assumptions are that CESA P and CUCF will both advance. CUFC has the harder game as the tied Lexington the last time they played, and the harder part of the barcket as they will be on MPSC's side. However nothing like a CESA P vs CESA C game to get a few feathers ruffled.

Last edited by futbol(soccer); 11/26/07 06:37 PM.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard