Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
I would HOPE that Wando will be offering some sort of compensation in the form of giving back those entry fees. Every other tournament was played this weekend. People got games in and didn't have their weekends ruined by the harsh weather (sunny and 70).

Puttin A's on B's
Goal
Goal
What were the reasons for this tournament not being played? I watched yesterday's finals of the Viking Cup and it wasn't great weather, but not detrimental to the teams or fields either. Just wondering who was in charge of making the decisions down in Charleston.

50th for a reason!
C
goal kick
goal kick
C
Trust the organizers! Half of Charleston and Mt. Pleasant was under water this weekend. LowCountry elevation and mother nature work against field conditions sometimes! Fields would have been demolished if used this weekend.

C
Brace
Brace
C
All mens league games were not played on Sun, so that tells you how much rain they recived.

World Cup
World Cup
Here is a photo album link to show the conditions for Saturday.

http://public.fotki.com/SCSoccer93/2008-csc/

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Quote:

Trust the organizers! Half of Charleston and Mt. Pleasant was under water this weekend. LowCountry elevation and mother nature work against field conditions sometimes! Fields would have been demolished if used this weekend.

Fair enough...Then I trust that the organizers would have a back-up plan to accomodate in this type of a circumstance. As of right now some teams bought a 3000 dollar adidas ball and a training top that's too small. Mother nature comes into play every now and then but, to get in NO GAMES what so ever with no word on whether or not these people will get their money back is absurd/sad/criminal/lame/fillintheblankwithdemeaningadjective.

Last edited by TugJobber; 02/25/08 07:34 PM.

Puttin A's on B's
Brace
Brace
Quote:

Then I trust that the organizers would have a back-up plan to accommodate in this type of a circumstance

This is the key aspect! Teams spent a bunch of money and had nothing to show for it. It will be interesting to see the backlash that the tournament suffers as a result in the future.

To my knowledge, a club tournament was canceled in similar form this past fall. It seems that Mount Pleasant Rec is developing a reputation to squander teams' plans with their cancellations and no backup plans in order.

corner kick
corner kick

Back-up? Back-up? We don't need no stinking Back-up.

"Silence, I kill you!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

Fair enough...Then I trust that the organizers would have a back-up plan to accomodate in this type of a circumstance. As of right now some teams bought a 3000 dollar adidas ball and a training top that's too small. Mother nature comes into play every now and then but, to get in NO GAMES what so ever with no word on whether or not these people will get their money back is absurd/sad/criminal/lame/fillintheblankwithdemeaningadjective.

Agreed

Stewie- "Where did you graduate again, university of duhhhh?"
goal
goal
Downright egregious! You hear me? Egregious!

What's my name?! Chuck Norris doesn't get questions, he gets answers!
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard