Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
World Cup
OP Offline
World Cup
This will be my last preseason 4A poll as I seek to bring much needed respect to 3A next year.

Wando
Dutch Fork
Dorman
Lexington
Mauldin
Irmo
Summerville
T.L. Hanna
Fort Mill
Spartanburg

world cup
world cup
Little early for a HS Girls soccer poll. The only preseason poll that matters is the scsoccer.com poll that doesn't come out until February. Even then we'll have to wait until after the Viking Cup in order to get a read on some of these teams.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
T
corner kick
corner kick
T
Still, its fun to start greasing the wheel and kicking up the dust a bit don't you think?

tk

Tony King
world cup
world cup
Rumor has it that Dutch Fork can put at least nine Region III Premier League players on the field.....anybody else out there have that many R3PL players on their high school team?

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
World Cup
OP Offline
World Cup
Oh that's cute. I get a pm from Hurst asking to put up a preseason poll, and then he says it's too early. That's the last time I do the devil's bidding!

World Cup
OP Offline
World Cup
Tony, thoughts for AAA?

S
throw in
throw in
S
BC put 3 on DF last year , and only lost one player from 07.

sancho
T
corner kick
corner kick
T
Nope--- No thoughts of any value.

About all I can suggest is that there will most likely be one team from somewhere within the 3A ranks that will play very good soccer and rise to the rank of #1 and possibly win the state championship. Other than that, I have nothing to add and/or predict.

tk

Tony King
World Cup
OP Offline
World Cup
There you have it...

1. BC
2. Riverside
3. Airport (if not #2)
4. Eastside
5. Blythewood (if not #1 )
5. Hilton Head
6. Myrtle Beach
7. J.L Mann
8. Flora
9. Chapin
10. Dreher

T
corner kick
corner kick
T
Number 5 you suggest huh--- Now that is a hoot!

You are too kind sir.

tk

Tony King
World Cup
OP Offline
World Cup
Nothing like those unrealistic expectations thrown down upon an already over-achieving, well coached team!

S
bench
bench
S
Hurst:

Do you know what RIIIE team or teams the DF girls play for? Mauldin and Dorman and Hanna will put close to that same number on the field(rumor has it). Whatever that means.

Teams are like a box of chocolate's
You never know what you will get!!!!

world cup
world cup
No, I don't know what teams the DF girls play for.....I would guess maybe some of them play for Columbia United but I don't know the age group.

All three teams you mention should have great seasons this year. Is one of TL Hanna's star players currently injured? I thought I heard that from someone last Friday? If she is that's a shame. Hope she's healthy by the spring.

I also heard one of Hilton Head's best players may have torn an ACL. Again, that is terrible news if true.

World Cup
OP Offline
World Cup
Caitlin Robinson has had some trouble with blood clotting and has been recovering slowly back in Anderson. Why do bad things happen to good kids? She recovered from a torn ACL in '06 to win buckets of awards and can do it again with her do or die attitude. Hanna will have to lean on the leadership of '07 captain Kendall Maxwell and a few others, but will have an ace in the hole with Craig Joyner taking the reins this year.

They'd probably stomp Fort Mill 4-0 during midseason. 3-1 if early and the freshmen are still learning

world cup
world cup
Fort Mill only has three R3PL players on their roster. They also lost six varsity players to Nation Ford this year, at least two, maybe three of them, would have been starters this spring.

I don't know how Fort Mill is going to get past Clover for the region title, let alone challenge for a state title against the best 4A programs in the state.

H
brace
brace
H
Quote:

Fort Mill only has three R3PL players on their roster. They also lost six varsity players to Nation Ford this year, at least two, maybe three of them, would have been starters this spring.

I don't know how Fort Mill is going to get past Clover for the region title, let alone challenge for a state title against the best 4A programs in the state.

you are starting to sound like lou holtz!!!!

world cup
world cup
Did I mention Fort Mill graduated nine seniors last year, six of them starters? Of the five starters that are returning from last year's team, two of them didn't even play club soccer this fall?!?!

I think Rock Hill has a fair shot at beating the Lady Jackets this year.

S
bench
bench
S
Hurst & W/E:

Looks like Mauldin & Dorman are in the driver's seat for the upper state championship since Irmo and Lexington have changed to the lower state.

What top 5 teams will complete for the upper state?

I feel these 5 have a good shot:

Mauldin
Dorman
Byrnes
Hanna
Clover

You never know what you will get!!!!!

H
brace
brace
H
Quote:

Did I mention Fort Mill graduated nine seniors last year, six of them starters? Of the five starters that are returning from last year's team, two of them didn't even play club soccer this fall?!?!

I think Rock Hill has a fair shot at beating the Lady Jackets this year.

if that happened i would buy all the beer.since it will not i think you should buy just for saying that!!!!

world cup
world cup
scomax,

Lexington & Irmo are still in the Upper State this year, I believe the change occurs the following season.

The top four teams in Region II 4A will all be very good again this season.

World Cup
OP Offline
World Cup
Mauldin's young ones are finally juniors and seniors and will be a much improved threat. Dorman is always tough, as Byrnes is always a gritty and tough team. Hanna is the wild card. They were one game from an Upper State Championship appearance two years ago, but had the 1st round loss in 07. The first round match up this year comes from Region 4 and will be either Lex, Irmo, North Augusta, White Knoll, Aiken, or South Aiken. Probably safe to say not Irmo or Lexington, so I think 2nd round is a given, 3rd round will be a dog fight, and of course the next ones will need near perfect play.

It's fun to see the up and comers like Hanna and Fort Mill before them. I remember coaching against Fort Mill in a Byrnes tournament and thinking they were going to hit the scene soon. I think Joyner and the Yellow Jackets are "The New Fort Mill" with 3 straight top 15 finishes after only 1 in their entire history before that.

World Cup
OP Offline
World Cup
...and Clover may not be far behind.

world cup
world cup
You completely left out Spartanburg, a team that was fairly young last year and very well-coached.

The ladies from Spartanburg will be in the mix as well.

World Cup
OP Offline
World Cup
Very true. How does NW look?

world cup
world cup
Northwestern should finish among the top three in Region 3, with Nation Ford and Lancaster fighting it out for the final playoff spot.

C
Goal
Goal
C
Boys, I'll be happy just to win a game!

H
brace
brace
H
Quote:

Boys, I'll be happy just to win a game!

cantona you know they re-did the attendance lines again.we are still outside the fence.thought we had her in ft-mill last week untill we visited the supers office and it fell through.

S
bench
bench
S
Hurst:

My mistake on Irmo & Lexington, I thought is was this year. That puts a different view on things. Certainly Lex & Irmo go in the top five. Hanna & Clover will have to fight for 6th.

I heard that a number of the Spartanburg girls did not play club this year. If that is the case, you can take them out of the mix altogether.

You never know what you will get!!!!!

corner kick
corner kick
Mo:
That is just so ridiculous...That FM super has been good for absolutely nothing since he arrived. I cannot think of a single positive thing he's done for the district...zero, zip, zilch, nada. He's pulling down dollars and using up air that could be better used elsewhere. That is just a crime...a lousy, stinkin' crime. Hang in there, man.

Doin' it the hard way...
H
brace
brace
H
never really made it to the super.got to his office but that was it.
know anybody that has a cheap lot for sale.

corner kick
corner kick
Cheap? No...but I wonder...Can Bailey subdivide her lot? How big does a lot have to be to qualify as a lot? I'm sure there are zoning rules, but I don't kow what they are. For instance, how big does a lot have to be to (theoretically) hold a mobile home?

Doin' it the hard way...
B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
Uh, huh.

Would you guys be so generous and welcoming if they were talking about NF zone in Fort Mill?

CJ Offline
Brace
Brace
God willing, Caitlin should be back around mid-season. Until then, she will be valuable as a senior leader and another set of eyes to help us along. I agree with W&E that Caitlin has put up with more than most with injuries yet her attitude remains amazing.

Ya'll mentioned premier players and we are blessed with a few, but the freshmen, although talented, are going to have to grow up fast for us to make any noise in the post season.

world cup
world cup
Daddy, not a chance. Need to make sure you're on the "right side of the tracks".

OE, the best thing about freshmen is that soon they become sophomores. Good luck next year.

corner kick
corner kick
Nothing personal, BD. It was always MY opinion that EVERYONE in the classes of '08, '09, and '10 should have been able to decide last year which HS they wanted to attend with the split. But there was NO choice. They didn't even let the rising seniors choose...they made them all stay at FMHS. But, that's water under the bridge, and unfortunately the super isn't in the water with concrete boots. Oops! Did I say that? How un-PC of me. I'll have to ban myself from the board for a while.

Doin' it the hard way...
B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
Just teasing Bones....

"A" would be a great addition to any team in the State, HS or Club.

My kids hated the idea of not being at FMHS. But they have warmed to the change and while NF will likely struggle for a year or so my guess is that in 1-2 years things will have more or less equalized. Too much choice isn't always a good thing and it would likely have delayed the inevitable and instead of a 1-2 year period of NF being a "stepchild"...it could have ended up being a lot longer than that.

B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
Quote:

Daddy, not a chance. Need to make sure you're on the "right side of the tracks".

OE, the best thing about freshmen is that soon they become sophomores. Good luck next year.

Hurst, we ARE on the right side of the tracks. All a matter of perspective my man!!

world cup
world cup
Just ribbing you Daddy.

You're on the right side of I-77, but the wrong side of the "tracks"!

corner kick
corner kick
TL Hanna will put 8 to 9 Premier players on the field. Alot are young freshman thru Juniors, but should make for some good soccer over the next couple of years.

That there is an RV Clark......
C
throw in
throw in
C
For Mike or Craig,

Has Caitlin decided where she will be playing in college next year?

And 9 premier players, 9!!!! All I can say, is that 9 is a really big number, not to mention all the others will be Challenge level.

I hear South Aiken only has 23 Premier league players, and only 14 of those are on the national pool. Should be a tough year, I can't imagine more than 21 wins any way you look at that schedule!

Oh, and who is Hobo? This guy has the best picture I've seen, and he has some pretty good insider info. on Hanna.

C
throw in
throw in
C
Oh, and for Mike,

I saw on Hotstat that North Augusta has a girls Challenge team that is pretty strong. What's the word on that? Are they all NA players? Some from Georgia? Some SA girls? I imagine NA and Aiken will be giving you the stiffest comp. Wish I could make an Irmo or Lex. match, Wildcat Hollow and WC Hawkins hold some fond/evil memories...

World Cup
OP Offline
World Cup
#1 Heard Robinson and Wofford are looking good, but you never know.

#2 Hanna has scary talent.

#3 Heard that the new South Aiken coach walked into his first meeting and said "All of you who haven't at least travelled with the U-17 National team...get out." After having over 49 players he led them to a river and watched them drink. Those that lapped it up like dogs were released, but those who cupped the water and kept a look out were chosen for battle.

#4 Lexington and Augusta Arsenal are all that I'm aware of at the moment. I have one father keeping me informed of the matches, but no such word of North Augusta.

#5 It would take the archive man three years to get to 21 wins for South Aiken. We plan on taking a more conventional approach. 8 wins in 06, 9 in 07, and 10 for 08. By 2018 we should be in the state championship. By 2027 we'll have taken over the world...

C
Brace
Brace
C
The NASC Lady Kicks 90 team is a U-17 challenge team comprised mainly of North Augusta players. Sorry W&E.

World Cup
OP Offline
World Cup
A man can dream...

p.s. How do I look at the club teams through hotstat? Link?

B
throw in
throw in
B
W&E go to the SCYSA website http://www.scysa.org/ and click on the Leagues tab & that will take to the hotstat area.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard