Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#90721 10/21/07 12:28 PM
M
Corner Kick
OP Offline
Corner Kick
M
I would just like to say a few things about this tournament. There are some great teams here. However, the tournament was terribly unfair to some teams. Take for instance Lower Lexington u15. They are a classic level team who was put in the elite bracket. The coach tried to get it changed, but to no avail. All this despite the team that was in first place in their division (CUFC) was playing in the lower bracket and yes we did request to be in the classic division. Therefore the coach just said, "no problem we will just have to play." They tied cesa challenge 0-0 the first game. Then they had to play the bridge FA the second game who had yet to play a game that day-so they were fresh. How can this be! They got put in the elite bracket and then had to play an elite team (who has not lost a game this year) while they were dead tired. Each pool had four in each. Well anyway they lost a tough game 0-2. Also, hilton head in our bracket did not have to play the first game. Other brackets were designed the exact same way. Teams from charleston Area were all given the advantage while the out of towners (Congaree Rapid, Lower lexington, and others) were given no curtious or fair play. (I think it was because they wanted to show the muscle of the
Charleston teams). The teams spend lots of money to come and then to be shafted that way is a travesty(and we are not alone). Mt. Pleasant deserves to be badmouthed! Jeremy and the tournament director, you all have some things to learn about class! In fact, Jeremy, I saw a coach come up to you and tell you about your club team's trash that left a pile on your field and you did nothing except leave it there! That my friend is pitiful!

Last edited by Kevin Heise; 10/21/07 02:48 PM.
A
throw in
throw in
A
Allan

Everyhting about this tournament is micro managed. From the teams MPSC will play, to the times of the matches. The tournament director doesn't make the schedule. Go down to the Academy level and it gets even worse. The tournament is a microcosm of the club, micromanaged.

S
bench
bench
S
Allan,

You may need to look at this another way. I think their putting your girls in that group should be considered a complement to your girls team. Both groups are strong, so I'm not sure they would have fared any better in another group.

As far as the trash issue, that is never acceptable.

S
throw in
throw in
S
Huh?
The purpose of attending touraments is to play teams at the highest level possible. You know, play up and play the best in order to get better. Sorry, it ain't about winning a silly medal and a tee shirt.
For the older girls, not only are you trying to improve but also to get ready for state cup and to show for prospective college coaches.
If you are attending tournaments just to win, time to rethink.
I fully agree with Sock Monkey. To play up is an honor.
Now, as far as the MPSC teams not playing the best, I beg to differ. Without question, tThe U19s played the best three teams from two brackets.
Only one more tournament plus the cup. See ya'll there!

P.S. Think what you will about Jeremy. Afer last year, I don't think any player or parent from our team will step up to defend him.

G
throw in
throw in
G
I have some personal experience with the lack of class shown by the MPSC. We were there recently for some friendlies. We were playing a year up and the MPSC coach ran the score up to 11-0. (these were 8-9 year old girls) The coach acted as if he could not control his team from running up the score until confronted by the director of their league, then he let up on the poor little girls. Heck, they even run the score up on their own teams. This seems to be a systemic problem because we ran into a couple of parents of the "winning" team" that had no problem with running up the score. I think that the quote from the Mt. Pleasant parent was "their young, they'll get over it" . I find this disgusting, so it is no suprise that the above mentioned actions occurred. Just an opinion, but the things mentioned above are facts. I witnessed them personally.

G
throw in
throw in
G
Sorry, correction. Confronted by the director of our league,not theirs. MPSC had no problem with the coaches actions.

S
kick off
kick off
S
As far as playing better competiton, I am fine with that for our girls. The problem I saw was that the teams at Park West fields were playing on regulation fields (11v11) but the goal and penalty areas were layed out for U-12 (8v8) play. They should have the fields right if they are having a so-called top level tournament. Maybe it was a city holiday when it came time to measure and line the fields at Park West.

S
bench
bench
S
To correct something in your post Allen-Hilton Head played 2 games saturday. the first at 2 in the afternoon against cesa and their second game against bridge should have been at 8 PM that night but the field was running late so their game started at 10PM and finshed at 11:30PM. They did not miss playing any games.

Goal
Goal
Quote:

To correct something in your post Allen-Hilton Head played 2 games saturday. the first at 2 in the afternoon against cesa and their second game against bridge should have been at 8 PM that night but the field was running late so their game started at 10PM and finshed at 11:30PM. They did not miss playing any games.

What kind of schedule is this? 10 pm start time? Geesh!

Victory Starts Here!
B
goal kick
goal kick
B
My understanding was that a kid broke her leg in a prior game that delayed that game over an hour as EMS was called. As for the brackets, I heard parents from MPSC, CUSC and Bridge complaining about their playing teams times and brackets as well. I have been to tournaments with my kids and have been on both ends of the bracket (playing stronger teams and weaker teams), but always felt the team benefitted from playing the tougher competition. I can not address the other issues (trash, lopsided scores, etc.) as I have no knowledge of them. All I can say is that I never seen a tournament where everything went as scheduled and everyone was happy.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard