Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
goal kick
goal kick
S
It seems you have all the answers so maybe they should hire you to run their next tournament.

B
goal kick
goal kick
B
It would be educational for him. It is always easy to throw stones when you are on the outside looking in. The MPSC tournament had some bumps (late games due to injuries, team threatening to pull out, etc) that I am sure the folks in charge were not happy about. Would he advocate forcing a team to drop out on Friday and mess the brackets up to a point that teams would only get to play 2 games? Would he be happy with paying all that money and only play 2 games? If his LL team is a low seeded team in the State Cup, he better brace up. The lower seeds are placed at a disadvantage in terms of scheduling (rest, playing 2nd games against teams that have not played, etc). Maybe this tournament might help his team in ways that he can not foresee.

It seems some people are only happy, when they are unhappy.

M
Corner Kick
OP Offline
Corner Kick
M
Happiness has nothing to do with this soccer Tournament. I have been to many well run tournaments. Why does this one always have a problem? mmm... I think you get the point!

Last edited by ALLAN; 10/23/07 04:03 PM.
C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
ALL soccer tournaments have their share of problems..weather,injuries,stoppage of play.The later your game starts the better chance of being delayed..Was the hotel nice? How about that weather? Your child's team played two tough matches on Saturday against two good challenge level teams and they performed well..They may have not got the trophy but they got alot more from playing the competiton that they faced.

L
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
L
ALLAN,

Sorry you feel your team was treated unfairly and was inconvenienced with a change in game times, but given that your team has outscored their opponents 42-7 over 7 games thus far in the PMSL, it was probably good for them to play in the top bracket of the tournament and even against fresh legs. Since they were very competitive with CESA 92 Challenge (0-0) and also I'm assuming fairly competitive with Bridge FA 92 (0-2), I'm guessing they received some very beneficial game experience in preparation for the President's Cup. Personally, I was thrilled to get a call at midnight from our team's manager notifying us that we would be playing at 11AM instead of 8AM!

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Live and learn
That 11am morning game took place in the CofC stadium..Correct? Not a bad field to play on to finish up a weekend of soccer

Last edited by coldhardtruth; 10/23/07 08:36 PM.
B
goal kick
goal kick
B
You are a classic team that that have run up scores and embarassed other teams in your league with scores of 13-0 and 11-0. Yet, you feel ok in denigrating individuals that ran this tournament??? You even referred to someone as having no class. Where is the class in running the scores up on lesser teams? Seeing your dominance in the PMSL easily explains how you got "bumped" up a level. He that lives in glass houses should not throw stones!!!

L
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
L
Quote:

Live and learn
That 11am morning game took place in the CofC stadium..Correct? Not a bad field to play on to finish up a weekend of soccer

No, our last game actually took place on a very nice field right outside the stadium.

S
bench
bench
S
I gotta feeling, had Allan's team got to play in the division they wanted, with no trash on the field, played on time and only played teams that had already had one game before, he still would not be happy.

I think he had an axe to grind with MP before ever showing up at the tournament. Just my opinion.

Goal
Goal
seems he had some issues with the tournament for sure. LLSC

Victory Starts Here!
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard