Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
M
Corner Kick
OP Offline
Corner Kick
M
Wow! you all are like posse getting ready to linch me. Just kidding, I like the responses by all. Everyone likes to be heard, including me. Thanks for conversation ya'll. Try to look at the numbers a little better. For instance, the 13-0 loss, the LL team had switched the offense to defense and vice-versa by the end of the first half (our slowest defender scored).
In the second half, we did possession - 20 pass limit (did it twice) and then the team snuck players off the field until play was equalized. We finished the game with 7 - 8 players total. Sometimes competition is not so competitive. We tried to level it.

Mr. lowcountrydad,
I am independantly wealthy and live in a plexi-glass house that is shatter proof. So hurl away. By the way, Carolina Cup and Charlotte are very well run! Furthermore, if the coach had known they were going to have a pretty good team, they would have easily moved up to challenge (after finishing below middle last year in the same league). Hind sight is 20-20 you know.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Then we should expect to see your team in challenge next year..the girls will get alot more out of it..I was at the 3PM game and the team looked like they can hold their own in challenge...Parents seemed to be having a great time...

C
Goal
Goal
C
The boys are scheduled for this weekend. Does anybody have a crystal ball to know if the weather will be a factor?

goal kick
goal kick
We are scheduled to play as well, and were told that a decision on whether to play the tournament will be made at 1pm on Friday. There is an 80% chance of rain and thunderstorms on Friday, and a 50% chance of rain on Saturday, so things are uncertain. Appearently, the fields are swamped as it is.

S
Goal
Goal
S
It's raining hard now and the forecast is rain all day. If I was a betting man, I'd say it's off.

Weather radar as of 7:15 am

C
Goal
Goal
C
I think ducks will be the only things on the MPSC fields this weekend.

S
corner kick
corner kick
S
As with most I am a parent who has endured poorly run tournaments, unfair refs, lopsided scores for and against our team, bad hotels and one too many Subway restaurants. I have come to the conclusion all of this is part of the "soccer journey". As my son gets to the half way point of his eligiblity I try to simply take the time to overlook the negatives and enjoy my son playing, watching him and the team get better every game and time spent with the other parents or what I call my "soccer family". Enjoy the beautiful game while you can for all too soon you will be out raking leaves or cutting grass on a Saturday morning.

Last edited by soccer63; 10/26/07 12:32 PM.
C
Goal
Goal
C
I just got a phone call that the offical announcement will be coming very soon, no games at MPSC this weekend.

B
goal
goal
B
It's pretty official. Referee assignor has sent cancellation notices from the system, removing all games.

C
Goal
Goal
C
I think I have to question the decision to cancell the tournament. Arrived down there at about 5pm on Friday and had no rain. Was out on the beach all day Saturday and had sunny 75 to 80 degree weather. Sunday a bit cooler 70 degrees and dry . We did however have a great worry free weekend on the beach playing Futbol!

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard