Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
World Cup
OP Online Content
World Cup
Congratulations to the Irmo Yellow Jacket JV End of Season Tournament Champions!

JV Boys Yellow Division - IRMO 1:0 White Knoll
JV Boys Black MLS #1 - BROOKLAND-CAYCE 3:0 Blythewood
JV Boys Black MLS #2 - HAMMOND 2:1 Summit Parkway
JV Girls Yellow Division - WANDO 2:0 Barnwell
JV Girls Black Division - ST. JAMES 2:0 A.C. Flora

Thanks to Dennis Cook, Irmo HS, and Columbia United FC for hosting this event.

U
throw in
throw in
U
Congrats to Irmo from the White Knoll JV Boys team. All four matches this year were very exciting. And the championship game was everything the kids, fans, and coaches could ask for in a game. Good luck against North Augusta on Tuesday. We look forward to some great matches next season.

Coach Hall

W
throw in
throw in
W
Congratulations to the Wando Lady Warriors on their repeat Championship!

Wando 2:0 Dutch Fork
Wando 3:0 West Florence
Wando 3:0 Blythewood
Wando 2:0 Barnwell (Championship)

World Cup
World Cup
Quote:

Dale, why would they not be playing?

We try and work well with the club coaches in the area. They had games this weekend so felt best not to send a 10-12 man squad. We're working diligently to make sure we get the girls in next year and test our mettle against the state's best

B
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
B
Congratulations to the Barnwell JV girls team. They made it to the finals of the competitive division where they lost to Wando. Not bad for a little AA school with 0 Sophomores, 4 Freshman, and the rest 7th and 8th graders.

M
corner kick
corner kick
M
As the future Varsity coach of these Barnwell JV girls...I would like to congratulate them on their finish as well....to make it to the finals says a lot for your girls. Not many people would have given them a chance...but we proved otherwise...now only if we can continue the success to the Varsity level.

Last edited by M Allen; 04/28/08 03:53 PM.
world cup
world cup
Very good job by the Barnwell JV girls, they are a very nice team with some outstanding young players who know how to play the game.

Glad to see the girls and Coach RR bring a trophy back to the school.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
A
throw in
throw in
A
I've always thought Barnwell did a good job of running their girls program. Coach Carroll always had them ready to play. It's just a rebuilding year for them. Wait a couple of years and then look at the 2A varsity girls rankings. You will see Barnwell in them.

R
bench
bench
R
Thanks guys, please dont mention my name though it was the girls who did it. They have worked tremendously hard this season and have done everything I've asked. The character and class shown to me and the girls from Fort Mill coach, B-C parents, and Wando coach, parents and players was amazing. Thank you for your encouragement. I knew Wando would be tough but I told the girls just to go out there and give them a good fight and after three previous games in just 6 hours, they did just that. Awesome display of heart and determination. Wont hear me use the AA v. AAAA excuse though otherwise I wouldnt have entered the tourney. Awesome competition and all around great tournament!! (other than Fort Mills cancellation). Get 'em' next year Coach T!!

R
bench
bench
R
I want one of those cool pics or logos under my screen name!! Can someone help me out? (sorry to change the subject)

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard