Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
C
Coach
Coach
C
Quote:

The coach owes the kid on a practice field....he owes the team on the game field.

I really like the way you put that...sums it up nicely.

I've got good news and bad news...
Hurst66 Offline OP
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
Giggs, right on. It's not only easier for the players & parents, it's easier on the coach.

63, continue to provide that guidance. Jordan and McHale both got college educations. Had Jordan chose baseball, and had McHale chose Dancing with the Stars, they both would have needed that education to fall back on.

letme, good thought but if your kid is getting the whole game at center defender, the coach probably thinks you're OK with it. It's up to the player to suggest otherwise to the coach.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
I don't care if you Censored , moan, or cry, its about ME winning!"
-CASL coach

Saw this on the NC board.....on a thread where people are listing their favorite quotes. Thought it germane to this discussion...

C
Coach
Coach
C
If that's all it's about, then perhaps he should be paying the players rather than the other way around.

I've got good news and bad news...
S
coach
coach
S
>>favorite quotes<<

There is no "I" in team, but there is in "win". [Michael Jordan]

S
bench
bench
S
Quote:

I don't care if you Censored , moan, or cry, its about ME winning!"
-CASL coach

Saw this on the NC board.....on a thread where people are listing their favorite quotes. Thought it germane to this discussion...

Bid Daddy,

This way of thinking must be mainstream with highly competitive clubs. I remember watching an interview with the founder & DOC for the Dallas Texans soccer club (A retired Iranian soccer player, I think) He said "Our teams are expected to do absolutely whatever it takes for me to win each match, and I do mean whatever"

It must work since these guys are probably one of the most sucessful soccer clubs in the nation.

B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
And this pattern of success.......to me is what Roy of the Rovers was alluding to when addressing what ails youth soccer in America.

Our culture isn't so much about right or wrong, or development......so much as it is about copycatting success. If it works for CASL or the Texans, it must be right, right?

I've had more people recite the party line to me.....and I have too.....that if your kid is going to play at "the next level"....there is a path...a recipe....that you have to follow. Club, with all the right tournaments.....R3PL....
ODP.....region team or at least pool.....US Club or Super Y in the summer, etc.

Heck!!!! What happened to.....the kid can really play!! 'Cause if your kid can really play and if you are creative enough and willing to do a little on your own.....
there will be a roster spot for them somewhere.

S
corner kick
corner kick
S
Quote:

Heck!!!! What happened to.....the kid can really play!!

In alot of cases it has become "Can the parents really pay?"

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
And if the parents can't pay then the rest of the parents get to pay more..There might not be any I in team but there's lots of $$$$$

S
goal
goal
S
Has anyone ever compared the cost of developing a D-1 soccer player to the cost of a D-1 Golfer or D-1 Tennis player? I would venture to say, Soccer would be more affordable. Soccer is an expensive sport, however you seldom hear tennis parents or golf parents talking about the cost of developing young talent. What does anyone think?

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard