Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
L
corner kick
corner kick
L
daddy,
i don't think they are looking for gks. but, i can ask if you want me to.

L
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
L
Quote:

Do they do this for the benefit of the kids or so they can get good players in one place to make their (CESA's) "recruiting" more efficient (you know, like the ODP travesty of the past couple of years)? Just curious.

It seems to me that CESA has probably been working hard to put this together to provide a great opportunity for players who want to play college soccer to play in front of a lot of college coaches. That's what most kids who want to play college soccer want to do, right? That's why they try to get in to big tournaments like Disney, CASL shootout, WAGS, etc., right? If I had a child who wanted to eventually play college soccer and was ready to be seen by college coaches, I would be happy to have this opportunity nearby. So, HappyDaddy, you would prefer that CESA not provide this opportunity for anyone but their own members??? You would prefer that your club members not be invited to participate, would not be invited to play in front of numerous college coaches?? What are you afraid of?

L
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
L
Quote:

Do they do this for the benefit of the kids or so they can get good players in one place to make their (CESA's) "recruiting" more efficient (you know, like the ODP travesty of the past couple of years)? Just curious.

Oh, and to answer your question, I think they do it for the benefit of the kids.

S
Shibumi Offline OP
coach
OP Offline
coach
S
[Transcript of an illegal wiretap obtained on January 10, 2008 at 8:17PM EST between two of the suspected satanic cult members.]

[Pearse] “Pearse here.”

[Andrew] “Pearse, it’s Andrew.”

[Pearse] “Yo, dude – what be happen’?”

[Andrew] “I just had this great idea. Let’s invite a ton of college coaches to come to one place to look at kids. We can charge a nominal fee – I figure we won’t lose our shirts because we can get a sponsor to pick up most of the bill.”

[Pearse] “I don’t know, man. It sounds like this might help a kid. I thought we decided that helping kids went against our core values. You remember – dude – we issued our new core values statement last Thursday night when after we drew pentagrams on the floor and called on the Lucifer to aid our club’s 2008 fiscal results. [Unintelligable…] and then the pig and the chicken killed each other over the goat all in the name of the devil [Unintelligable…] it was great, man!”

[Andrew] “Dude – you’ve got to let go of all of that and focus. I’m feeling you on the whole values thing…but the fact is that we really won’t help any kids. Instead, what we’re going to do is to recruit them. That’s the whole point – kind of a pump and dump scheme – don’t you get it, man? We recruit them and then we take all of their money and then by [unintelligible...] we take their souls! It’s brilliant, man, absolutely freakin’ brilliant!!!”

[Pearse] “But Andrew, why do we need to recruit them? We won 5 of 8 state championships about a month ago. Heck – there’s not much more recruiting we can do, is there?”

[Andrew] “Absolutely! You’re just not thinking big enough. Look, I know that we were pretty bummed a few years ago when we didn’t come up with the idea of forbidding kids from playing where they wanted to if their teams had too many “non-locals” on it – that was completely evil and cool – but this isn’t a bad way of going about maximizing our karma debt! If we keep this up we can really, really impress the man downstairs."

[Pearse] “Karma debt? How are we really going to screw kids over doing this? I don’t get it?”

[Andrew] “That’s because you’re not thinking big enough. If we can get them all into one place, then we can brainwash their teenage minds into joining our cult – I mean, our club. Once we have them in the club, then we can stop winning only 5 of 8 state championships and start winning 6, 7, even 8 of 8. And then we can kick these kids to the curbside. [Unintelligible…] and then their souls will belong to our master!”

[Pearse] “Okay…I’m starting to get it. But here’s what worries me. What if some kind of genius – some kind of joyous parent – figures it all out and tells everyone! What if this joyous parent lets everyone in on our scheme?”

[Andrew] “Come on…who’s going to believe someone like that? They’re going to think that this person is just worried about losing someone off his kid’s team – so he’d rather screw over all of the kids in terms of giving them an opportunity like this just to protect his kid. [Unintelligible…] souls will be ours and no one will understand how freaking prescient this person would be.”

[Pearse] “Okay…I’m completely with ya’ – let’s do it!!!”

J
world cup
world cup
J
And we thought you were just pie charts and spreadsheets! How we underestimated you! Bravo sir, bravo.

S
corner kick
corner kick
S
....who needs the hollywood writers..they can stay on strike.. we have Chico who just wrote "SC Club Soccer Wars"... I can hardly wait for the sequel... "The other clubs parents strike back"....

world cup
world cup
I thought Hunter Thompson was dead?!?!

Substitute "F-bomb" where you see (unintelligible) and it's.......GENIUS!

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
H
goal
goal
H
I think it's quite funny that y'all think my question is absurd. I'll assume then that there won't be any recruiting going on. That would be a nice change. Believe me, our team is in no danger of having players lured away.

Forgive me if I'm a tad suspicious of the seemingly altruistic motives. I witnessed the recruiting that went on at the ODP/CESA event and it was shameful.

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
It is missing the Irish accent in Pearse's lines.... Our canine friend appears to be unable to understand the difference in the accent...

H
brace
brace
H
Quote:

I think it's quite funny that y'all think my question is absurd. I'll assume then that there won't be any recruiting going on. That would be a nice change. Believe me, our team is in no danger of having players lured away.

Forgive me if I'm a tad suspicious of the seemingly altruistic motives. I witnessed the recruiting that went on at the ODP/CESA event and it was shameful.

what was shameful about it? that it was going on or not enough of it was coming your way!!!!

Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard