Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12
world cup
world cup
No way. Upsets are part of tournament play....makes it exciting. How about a blind draw after every round, much like FA Cup play? Kind of crazy to see the top two seeds squaring off in the first round?

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
N
corner kick
corner kick
N
Quote:

I heard the U15 Lexington Girls did not even show for their first round game against the CESA u15's. Does anybody know what happened here? Does anybody know what the rules, pentalties, is for a forfeit. I think the coach is suspended for 1 year and they loose their bond money. But I am not for sure on that. If anybody knows what happened and can enlighten me on the rules, it would be good.

Team penalty is your bond and the potential to be excluded from next years SCSCL. The coach penalty is a one year suspension from coaching in SCYSA. Standard score in a forfeit is 3-0.

Last edited by NeverPlayed; 12/03/07 02:27 PM.
H
goal
goal
H
Interesting breakdown of the clubs with teams in the final four:

CESA - 12
CUFC - 8
Bridge - 3
FSCG - 2
LCSC - 2
CUSC - 1
CFC - 1

It appears that the "big two" may be creating some serious separation from the rest of the clubs in the state. While CESA can rightly claim to have enjoyed that separation for several years, it is noteworthy that CUFC is both closing the gap with CESA and separating from the rest of the clubs.

Without getting into the issue of whether this is good, bad or indifferent, it's pretty clear that there are two dominant clubs in the state. Next weekend will be very interesting and exciting for all involved.

world cup
world cup
Question:

Does anybody think the season has dragged on a little long? North Carolina's state cup finals were on November 11, South Carolina finishes a month later, why?

South Carolina permits two games in one day, North Carolina doesn't. North Carolina has three or four times as many teams as South Carolina. Logic would say it would be the other way around.......that NC would have to finish four weeks after SC.

Any concerns? From a parent's perspective, I would like to see the season compressed and completed earlier because:

1. We are backed up into the holidays and it has dragged on for too long
2. High school soccer teams are starting their conditioning and we are not done with club yet
3. If my kid is playing high school basketball, we are juggling two competitive sports
4. If my daughter is U-15 or older (especially U-17 & U-18), she's missing a great opportunity to participate in the CASL Shootout

Note: I realize that North Carolina only has to worry about the Girls State Cup in the fall so this possibly contributes to why they can get it done a little quicker.

Last edited by Hurst66; 12/03/07 02:57 PM.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
B
kick off
kick off
B
Grim,
The Lexington team did not show up- it was a forfeit.

atl
R
throw in
throw in
R
Hurst,

The season is to long. These kids should have more time between club and high school to let there bodies rest.

corner kick
corner kick
They did not play and all forfiets are scored a 3-0 win. That way you get the maximum points.

That there is an RV Clark......
throw in
throw in
Grim Keeper,
Both the MPSC U18 Girls Elite team and the Bridge FA 89 Gold are excellent teams, with many talented girls. They are also well-coached. I know that many of the current Bridge team were also on the team last year, playing up. They also have 5 girls that are true U17's, playing up this year.
The Bridge FA 89 Girls Gold team and MPSC have met 3 times this year - once in tournament play where the Bridge won 1-0, once in League play where MPSC won 2-0, and then finally last weekend, with the Bridge prevailing 2-1. I was at all 3 games, all of which were good, competitive games.
The 2 semifinal games this Sat. in the U18 bracket - Bridge 89 v. CESA Challenge and CESA Premiere vs. Columbia United Elite- should both be great games.

throw in
throw in

My bad on the forfiet score. I didn't think points mattered in sudden death format. No ties you either win or go home.

FM: Thanks for the info on Bridge & MPSC. I plan to go to the games this weekend and I look forward to some great games. Congrats to Bridge!!!! How do they match up with the CESA Challenge team?

Soccer is a game you just have to love!!!!
throw in
throw in
Grim Keeper,
Bridge FA 89 Gold girls met the CESA Challenge U18's once in league play and came out with a 1-0 win. It was a great game, the CESA Challenge team are also very talented. It should be interesting Saturday!

Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard