Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12
S
corner kick
corner kick
S
Quote:

Lexington County has too many clubs! CUFC, LCSC, Congaree, LLSC. 2 in Richland...CUFC and CESA-Columbia. Maybe their needs to be some more merging like CSC and NESCA made CUFC. Of course I know the rule about merging...but c'mon.

Not as long as players and parents are happy with the services their respective clubs provide.

Sorry Chico no sarcasm intended.

corner kick
corner kick
Well...I reckon one who is very punctilious might want to assemble some sort of empirical evidence, if possible, of what the results of state cups might be if NESCA and CSC would not have become one club. It obviuosly behooved their clubs, as well as their patrons, to dissolve and form a new club.

Stewie- "Where did you graduate again, university of duhhhh?"
S
coach
coach
S
soccer63: I actually agree; so I didn't even catch the _potential_ sarcasm!

My kid played at only two select clubs: LCSC and then GFC/CESA. I am personally unhappy that my enormous property taxes pay for some of the best fields in the state 5 minutes from my home but I have had to drive her 100 miles to practice for years. But I always figured that my kid was just the minority and most people liked the approach LCSC was taking.

I know that Lexington, much like the Fort Mill area, has the talent in terms of coaching and players. And much like the Fort Mill area, there are clubs in Charlotte (in Lexington's case, this is CUFC) for most kids to go to (note: there are certainly exceptional teams at LCSC -- but for the most part these seem to be one-off.)

But until enough coaches and parents care, then I'd completely agree with your assessment -- as long as people are happy with what LCSC provides, everything is hunky dory. And heck -- unlike years ago -- for a parent who wants a "less convenient than LCSC and more convenient than CESA or Bridge" option there's now CUFC which is offering a lot of RIIIPL-East play and a lot of other services across genders and age groups.

P.S. If anyone out there ever wants to try to do something in Lexington, I'd be glad to donate to the cause!

world cup
world cup
Chico,

Spot on, as usual.

One other note. The Fort Mill/Rock Hill area differs considerably from Lexington with respect to the boys versus the girls. the Charlotte option is very attractive for the girls all the way through U-18.

For the boys, playing in Charlotte becomes a real problem at U-15 because of the high school soccer conflict (NC HS boys soccer in the fall, NCYS club in the spring).

While, for the reasons you mention above, we would all like to see both our girls and boys play their club soccer in South Carolina, it is not as big an issue for the girls as it is for the boys.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard