Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
C
Coach
Coach
C
Hey, when you're playing catch-up, you have to work longer and harder than the next guy, right? BHS Keeper's caught my particular brand of fall insanity...starting in September, varsity/JV conditioning in Moncks Corner until 5, then off to West Ashley for club practice at 7. I lived, breathed, and ate soccer (literally--Taco Bell in the car on the way to club practice) during those months...I imagine I would have slept soccer too, but as the kid keeps reminding me, evil never sleeps...

I've got good news and bad news...
Talon #92031 01/07/08 07:50 PM
S
bench
OP Offline
bench
S
just a bunch of foot work and running to get in shape we cant touch a ball yet

??? Offline
goal kick
goal kick
I did not know you could use the word soccer and Walhalla in the same sentence. I usually use words like rednecks and terrible at life when i think of Walhalla. Anyways the best team you beat last year was Palmetto. Emerald beat them 8-0. Uh.....that could not be good. But since you have a superstar coach now (who i don't know personally so i wont say anything negative about him) you guys should be on your way to state. I would go ahead and get the upper state champs t-shirts made and i would just like to give the trophy to yall. Didn't you guys lose to Batesburg as well????? WOW!!! Talk about wishful thinking...

??? #92033 01/07/08 11:54 PM
K
throw in
throw in
K
Well, ???, as CoachChass said, when you're playing catch-up you have to work longer and harder than the next guy.

If Walhalla's team has worked hard enough then they CAN win. I play for Berkeley High (Girls Varsity)--4A school down in the Lowcountry--and people around here know we don't have the most prestigious soccer program around (when you compare us to Wando, James Island, and Stratford--all very respectable teams within our region). However, we work long, hard hours before and throughout our season, and we've gone from losing nearly every single game in a season to winning AND making the playoffs.

Soccer20... Go for it and good luck to you guys this season!

KHarnage #92034 01/08/08 03:34 AM
S
kick off
kick off
S
Actually, didn't Walhalla knock Wren out of the 4A rankings last year? And didn't they do well against teams like Daniel and ChristChurch? And weren't they playing for the state championship the year before? I guess if that's terrible at life, a lot of people would like to do that kind of living. Quit knocking good teams because you're insecure about yourself.

??? Offline
goal kick
goal kick
I guess 1 trip to the state championship every 15 years isn't bad. First off Wren isn't any good. Christ Church is 1A(not callin them bad they are actually good, but a decent game against a 1a school doesnt really give much to your argument). U know what i am going to agree with everyone that they will make the state championship, it will just be 14 more years before that happens. Im insecure about myself? Nah my team has played at stone stadium a couple times the past few years.

??? #92036 01/09/08 12:57 AM
C
Coach
Coach
C
Quote:

\ Im insecure about myself? Nah my team has played at stone stadium a couple times the past few years.

If that's the case, then you shouldn't have to trash talk about another team being bad in order to make yourself look good. Be proud of your team's trips to Stone without trying to take away from someone else.

As my father always said, if you're really so much better than the next guy, you don't have to go around telling people...they'll figure it out for themselves.

W
goal kick
goal kick
W
hard work does not guarantee success BHS keeper, i'm pretty sure a majority of the teams in this state work really hard everyday but only a few realized actual success, i would only call success winning a state championship, so that means only a handful of teams a year succeed...

C
Coach
Coach
C
Wow...so by your definition, a team that wins matches, possibly wins region, advances in the playoffs, brings credit, recognition, and revenue to the school, creates a sense of pride in the athletes, graduates players who go on to the next level with scholarships, and/or has an overall positive effect on those involved is not "successful" unless they're the one team in their division to win state that year?

Man, I'm glad you're not my A.D. I'd be better off working for Trump.

corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

hard work does not guarantee success BHS keeper, i'm pretty sure a majority of the teams in this state work really hard everyday but only a few realized actual success, i would only call success winning a state championship, so that means only a handful of teams a year succeed...

It looks like success is defined as perfection. I reckon we are all screwed. Better start learning to walk on water or we are all in trouble.

Stewie- "Where did you graduate again, university of duhhhh?"
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard