corner kick
corner kick
L
Perhaps that is precisely the problem.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Loc Dog..I am sure that it plays a role in the situation also.I would like to see board members that are not parents but businessmen or women who would run things based on what's best for the club and not what's best for MY child

kick off
kick off
I am sure at the end of the day we all want the same thing growth of soccer for our area, region what ever the case maybe and the lowcountry definately posses a lot of quality coaches and players and there is no doubt that the game will continue to grow and I feel that SSC board or who ever makes the decisions will make the best one for the club and it members.

B
bench
bench
B
In the mix of all of this, there is rumor of a possible merge with Summerville YMCA and SSC. Since the land is technically owned by the same company and leased to two different organizations, it may be a logical course. It sure would be great to have all the Smvl kids playing together in one big club. I can't imagine any one wanting to jump into this hornets nest though and try to be the DOC.

M
bench
bench
M
After reading most of these post. Why would anyone want this job? The SSC board seems to have no direction with the overall good of the club, and continues to be obsessed with the need and desire to develop challenge level teams to compete with the Bridge. Let's be real. All the challenge level player are going to form around the best trainers. Until you find a way to keep trainers such as Jason Birchwood, Jason Duncan, and others that have helped you hold SSC together for the last several years. You will continue to have numbers fade and players wanting to seek alternative sources. It is very obvious that the SSC board wants the club to stand only. GOOD LUCK. The Bridge and Daniel Island Soccer Club will continue (now and in the future) to attract the best players due to their committment to the kids and not the parents.

S
kick off
kick off
S
Summerville Soccer Club does not field challenge level teams

kick off
kick off
Quote:

Summerville Soccer Club does not field challenge level teams

I think we are all on the same page that SSC does not currently field challenge level teams. SSC is/was a supporter of what BFA is doing to bring the challenge players together.

S
kick off
kick off
S
Quote:

The SSC board seems to have no direction with the overall good of the club, and continues to be obsessed with the need and desire to develop challenge level teams to compete with the Bridge.

obviously everyone does not understand the fact that they do not have challenge teams.

B
goal kick
goal kick
B
Quote:

I hear what you are saying..I feel the Charleston area should united..but I believe it's going to take a new or fresh face to make that happen..
As far as the comment of CUSC DOC backing out of the alliance..It's not his or her decision..That decision is made in the board room

Andy and another guy who was not on the board at the time made the decision not to be involved in the alliance.

M
bench
bench
M
I realize that SSC doesn't "currently" field challenge teams, but it seems(at least to me) that's the direction they would like to go back to. With that said, their relationship with the Bridge would be strained, and quite possibly put both clubs at risk. The current local soccer contingencies have never been able to put their heads together for the greater good of the players. Not to mention the board members that try to influence certain agendas to best serve the interest of "their" child. Same old song.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard