Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
RM Offline OP
bench
OP Offline
bench
R
Director of Soccer Operations (DOS) at Summerville Soccer Club (SSC)

Reports to : SSC Board with written performance reviews conducted by the Board President with written feedback from each board member on DOS interaction and performance in their specific area of responsibility.
Requirements:
Overview : The DSO is the face of SSC to the community, to other soccer clubs and to SSC members. The full-time, salaried position requires a balanced combination of office-related administration, overall operations management, and field time (coaching/player development and education duties). Some amount of travel required.
Education : Eligible applicants must have a bachelor's degree (master's degree preferred) and an advanced coaching certification.
Experience : at least 10 years of coaching and or playing experience; a proven record of administrative, organizational long-term planning and personnel management skills; working knowledge of Microsoft office software and email communications.
Qualities: Applicant should be: a self-starter with a high degree of personal accountability; a creative and strategic thinker with demonstrated leadership/delegation qualities; able to communicate clearly and persuasively to a variety of audiences: parents, player and coaches; able to demonstrate active listening and problem-solving techniques; a role model for Excellence through Sportsmanship.

The Summerville Soccer Club search committee is wanting to receive resumes by Feb. 01,2008. Interview selected applicants on Feb. 16,2008. SSC will make offer on or around March 01,2008 and the new DOS position will start on April 01,2008. Please send me a private message with email address for complete job description.

Thanks,
Ronnie Murray
SSC Board Member

J
bench
bench
J
Is this a new position or is your current one leaving?

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Did Summerville Soccer Club opt not to renew the contract of its current DOC?

kick off
kick off
Are you going to post job description on summerville soccer website?

Brace
Brace
What happened to Brisson?

"I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles"
C
Brace
Brace
C
Brisson formed his own club Bridge FA and got removed from SSC over a year ago. Jason Birchwood replaced him as DOC.

Brace
Brace
where is birchwood going?

"I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles"
C
Brace
Brace
C
Not sure if he is leaving or not.....have not heard.

B
goal kick
goal kick
B
Has anyone notice that there are no teams from SSC listed in the Classic or Challenge leagues? Only a few teams listed in the sandlapper. And I know that SSC does not field challenge teams.

Last edited by jonz; 01/10/08 01:34 AM.
kick off
kick off
RM, posts last May during tryouts indicated we could not have a united club in the Charleston area because individual clubs could not agree who would be DOC, that negotiations fell apart because of that. It was suggested that a neutral person be brought in to do that. In your quest for a new DOC is there anyone applying that could make that happen?

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
"It was suggested that a neutral person be brought in to do that. In your quest for a new DOC is there anyone applying that could make that happen?"

SSC has parted ways with Birchwood and the Charleston United DOC is the top person to get the job.

R
RM Offline OP
bench
OP Offline
bench
R
Quote:

RM, posts last May during tryouts indicated we could not have a united club in the Charleston area because individual clubs could not agree who would be DOC, that negotiations fell apart because of that. It was suggested that a neutral person be brought in to do that. In your quest for a new DOC is there anyone applying that could make that happen?

SSC has not received all the resumes so far and I could not answer that question until the interview process is complete or at least starts. I will say that there is no outside source applying for the position at the time of this posting.

Quote:

SSC has parted ways with Birchwood and the Charleston United DOC is the top person to get the job.

SSC has not parted ways with anyone especially Jason Birchwood and no one has the inside track for the new position being offered, no one. The Search Committee will look at all the resumes and decide after interviews the person that will be offered the new position.

B
goal kick
goal kick
B
CUSC DOC would not make Charleston area "united". At the last minute Andy pulled out of the meetings when the "bridge" was being formed. He might be a good fit for all the SSC members that don't like the Bridge. With the numbers at CUSC been down over the last 2 years and that Andy and Patrick are both coaching teams at MPSC should rise some concerns.

kick off
kick off
Quote:

CUSC DOC would not make Charleston area "united". At the last minute Andy pulled out of the meetings when the "bridge" was being formed. He might be a good fit for all the SSC members that don't like the Bridge. With the numbers at CUSC been down over the last 2 years and that Andy and Patrick are both coaching teams at MPSC should rise some concerns.

Out of curiosity who would you recommend for the Job then?

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Where in the job description does it say that the DOS has to unite the Charleston area? It's the SSC board's responsibility to find the right fit for it's members and that's all

B
goal kick
goal kick
B
Not anyone from the charleston area.

kick off
kick off
Quote:

Not anyone from the charleston area.

hehehe

It all makes sense now. Appreciate the feedback.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
I hear ya...Spiritdad

kick off
kick off
Quote:

Where in the job description does it say that the DOS has to unite the Charleston area? It's the SSC board's responsibility to find the right fit for it's members and that's all

I was not implying that SSC SHOULD find anyone to unite the Charleston area...only asking if there was anyone in the resumes to address the united DOC issue from last spring. I have no problem with any current DOC's. I do not care who unites the area if we can just stop diluting the player pool.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
I hear what you are saying..I feel the Charleston area should united..but I believe it's going to take a new or fresh face to make that happen..
As far as the comment of CUSC DOC backing out of the alliance..It's not his or her decision..That decision is made in the board room

L
corner kick
corner kick
L
Perhaps that is precisely the problem.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Loc Dog..I am sure that it plays a role in the situation also.I would like to see board members that are not parents but businessmen or women who would run things based on what's best for the club and not what's best for MY child

kick off
kick off
I am sure at the end of the day we all want the same thing growth of soccer for our area, region what ever the case maybe and the lowcountry definately posses a lot of quality coaches and players and there is no doubt that the game will continue to grow and I feel that SSC board or who ever makes the decisions will make the best one for the club and it members.

B
bench
bench
B
In the mix of all of this, there is rumor of a possible merge with Summerville YMCA and SSC. Since the land is technically owned by the same company and leased to two different organizations, it may be a logical course. It sure would be great to have all the Smvl kids playing together in one big club. I can't imagine any one wanting to jump into this hornets nest though and try to be the DOC.

M
bench
bench
M
After reading most of these post. Why would anyone want this job? The SSC board seems to have no direction with the overall good of the club, and continues to be obsessed with the need and desire to develop challenge level teams to compete with the Bridge. Let's be real. All the challenge level player are going to form around the best trainers. Until you find a way to keep trainers such as Jason Birchwood, Jason Duncan, and others that have helped you hold SSC together for the last several years. You will continue to have numbers fade and players wanting to seek alternative sources. It is very obvious that the SSC board wants the club to stand only. GOOD LUCK. The Bridge and Daniel Island Soccer Club will continue (now and in the future) to attract the best players due to their committment to the kids and not the parents.

S
kick off
kick off
S
Summerville Soccer Club does not field challenge level teams

kick off
kick off
Quote:

Summerville Soccer Club does not field challenge level teams

I think we are all on the same page that SSC does not currently field challenge level teams. SSC is/was a supporter of what BFA is doing to bring the challenge players together.

S
kick off
kick off
S
Quote:

The SSC board seems to have no direction with the overall good of the club, and continues to be obsessed with the need and desire to develop challenge level teams to compete with the Bridge.

obviously everyone does not understand the fact that they do not have challenge teams.

B
goal kick
goal kick
B
Quote:

I hear what you are saying..I feel the Charleston area should united..but I believe it's going to take a new or fresh face to make that happen..
As far as the comment of CUSC DOC backing out of the alliance..It's not his or her decision..That decision is made in the board room

Andy and another guy who was not on the board at the time made the decision not to be involved in the alliance.

M
bench
bench
M
I realize that SSC doesn't "currently" field challenge teams, but it seems(at least to me) that's the direction they would like to go back to. With that said, their relationship with the Bridge would be strained, and quite possibly put both clubs at risk. The current local soccer contingencies have never been able to put their heads together for the greater good of the players. Not to mention the board members that try to influence certain agendas to best serve the interest of "their" child. Same old song.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
The other guy must of been the presiding president for CUSC..
DOC are paid employees of the club..They do not make decisions for the club when it deals with the membership..They can give their two cents worth to anyone that will listen..That's another problem. The DOC for SSC did not decide for SSC that they would join the alliance that decision was made in the board room

Last edited by coldhardtruth; 01/28/08 04:08 PM.
B
goal kick
goal kick
B
No, he was NOT the pres. Nor is he the present pres.

Last edited by jonz; 01/28/08 04:38 PM.
S
kick off
kick off
S
Please be very careful about using my name and that you are accurate with the information you are positing about CUSC and myself. Misinformation is not appreciated.

B
goal kick
goal kick
B
We can talk about these "misinformation" anytime you want!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard