4.Irmo
5.Dorman

The Almost list:
wando,mauldin and summerville

S
corner kick
corner kick
S
Good list, I would have to say the top 2 could be interchangable though.

sG Offline
corner kick
corner kick
1.SV
1.NW
3.LEX
4.DORMAN
5.MAULDIN
HM: IRMO, Wando

SV has the edge just because of last year's final, they remain number one until beaten but NW is number 1 in regards to talent.

Irmo does have the talent, but Mauldin finished 2nd in the upperstate last year and deserve to be higher than Irmo.

One Time!
sG #92412 01/18/08 03:21 AM
goal kick
goal kick
1. South Aiken
2. Dutch Fork
3. Northwestern
4. Spring Valley
5. Lexington

J
Brace
Brace
J
SA? ha! seriously? And you would be smoking what?

If you are going to argue a point, at least get factual information to back up your side.....
sG Offline
corner kick
corner kick
SA and DF will not be in contention for the 4A state title this year sorry woah

One Time!
sG #92415 01/18/08 02:49 PM
W
goal kick
goal kick
W
1. spring valley
2. northwestern
3. dorman
4. lexington
5. wando

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
In my opinion, the upperstate is loaded again. I have difficulty with the lower state.

Spring Valley for sure, however Wando and DF have lost alot to graduation. Plus many of bridge's USSF academy teams will be playing - I do not know how that mix will work.

The year ended 50/50 (8 US and 7 LS)

Teams in a down turn - Wando, Dutch Fork, S. Aiken
Teams on the way up - Irmo, Dorman, maybe Summerville

SUPASTA's heavy upper state ranking may not be far of the mark

2007 finish
1 Spring Valley
2 Northwestern
3 Wando
4 Mauldin
5 Lexington
6 Dutch Fork
7 Irmo
8 Beaufort
9 Dorman
10 Summerville
11 South Aiken
12 Fort Mill
13 Stratford
14 Greenwood
15 Fort Dorchester

brace
brace
I agree with Futbol. Upperstate is loaded and in my opinion has five legitimate contendors for state champion.

Lowerstate has SV and maybe no one else.

I expect Irmo to do damage this year but I am not sure they will have what it takes to get to the championship. The Lex-Irmo games should be very good ones this year.

NW is typical NW, which should be odds on favorite for the upperstate, however they have some big holes to fill and although they have some good young talent coming up, I don't see them quite as solid as in years past. That being said they still have the ability to win it all.

Dorman and Mauldin return essentially everyone and will both be senior laden teams. I'not completely sure but I don't think they lost even five total seniors combined from last years teams. Expect these two teams to battle for Region 2 with the winner having a more secure road for the playoffs.

It's looking to be another good year of high school soccer.

goal
goal
Spring Valley and Northwestern are again the teams to beat this year. SV loses very little and NW loses a few key players, but NW is NW and will do just fine.

Irmo and Lexington will also be good as will Mauldin and Dorman.

1. NW
2. SV
3. Irmo
4. Mauldin
5. Lexington

HM: Dorman, Wando

J
world cup
world cup
J
CF - is that what we have to do to pull you out of the woodwork, just mention Mauldin?

brace
brace
Cornerflag is just waking out of his fall soccer slumber and getting over his hangover from the College Football fiasco called the BCS. Now that HS Soccer is starting to bud once more, Cornerflag is just starting to stretch his mind and sharpen his typing skills so he can resume his place at the throne of the Boys High School message board.

You have fully woken the beast Jack. Be ready.

World Cup
World Cup
3rd person, huh?

J
world cup
world cup
J
DITTO

M
goal kick
goal kick
M
Region 8 will be strong this year better keep an eye of them

brace
brace
Yes, 3rd person. It does have an interesting aspect don't you think?

You see, that's what Cornerflag (or should I say I) misses when HS soccer is not in season.

I miss Jack's sarcastic comments and sports analysis that make him look like he is trying to be the next Bob Costas...

I miss Whiskey sliding over to the boys side of the message board where there is actually some action, even if it's usually idiotic and immature...

I miss Futbol (or is it Soccer?) giving his acute analysis of the Columbia games...

I miss Mike Basset always turning almost every thread into a NW lovefest...

i miss the new skool kids who type like there on aim and who dont know how to use punctuation and think that there team is going to be great because they have all these new kids on there team and they played jv and they scored 100 goals on jv and they will dominate this year...

and I even miss the Irmo fanatics who are silently waiting for their next dynasty to start and worship Phil Savitz like FSU people worship Bobby Bowden or PSU people worship Joe Paterno. Ok, maybe like the USED to worship Bobby Bowden...

It's going to be a good season, don't you think???

World Cup
World Cup
LE, you're at the Chris Berman level in my book.

CF, welcome back.

J
world cup
world cup
J
ZWOOP!!

You cut me deep whiskey. Kenny Mayne an Scott Van Pelt are the only acceptable options. Chris Berman..CHRIS BERMAN?? Sober up friend.

brace
brace
Quote:

LE, you're at the Chris Berman level in my book.

CF, welcome back.

Thankee big big W&E.

S
corner kick
corner kick
S
I agree, this shall be a good season. I will be back to my usual ways soon enough CF. Thanks for the shoutout.

world cup
world cup
Scott Van Pelt is an @$$hole.....not very soccer-friendly.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
J
world cup
world cup
J
He referenced Salad Fingers once though..and that is not typical of your other SC anchors.

Plus, as long as Jim Rome is alive all anti-soccer haters will pale in comparison to that moron.

World Cup
World Cup
Van Pelt? Pssssssssshhh!!! I thought I was giving you a compliment, geeeeez. Would Dan Patrick make you feel better? Or maybe the girl that Mike Gundy lit into!

I'm 40! I'm a man!

goal
goal
This thread is bollocks!

Besides Stuart Scott is the real deal.

J
world cup
world cup
J
Quote:

Or maybe the girl that Mike Gundy lit into!

..there is a looooong season ahead of us, my friend. You just wait.

I'll give you a hint:

H
goal kick
goal kick
H
1. Spring Valley
2. Northwestern

3-7
Irmo, Dorman, Lexington, Mauldin, Wando are all about the same until proven otherwise right now as far as I can see. I think its a safe bet with SV and Northwestern as the top 2. Man, where is the lowerstate this year. It clearly looks like the upstate has a pretty large advantage as far as depth is concerned.

S
bench
bench
S
1.Dorman
2.Spring Valley
3.Northwestern
4.Lexington
5.Mauldin

Thats what i think.

C
kick off
kick off
C
SV has so many off the field issues, its hard to see them repeating as state champs in my view. NW possibly...great, great talent, but as I saw last year, a NW team without Kropp is just not the same. In the Lake Murray Challenge, DF beat them 2-1 without Kropp. In the rematch, 5-1 NW. And i've always thought their defense is suspect.

It's time to start talk about the teams on the rise like Irmo, Dorman, and Mauldin. In these teams, what are their biggest weaknesses?

E
bench
bench
E
SA as #1? Are you kidding. I saw the coach recuiting kids off the chess club. I wish SA the best but just dont look for much this year. Coach Waters has a long way to go as a coach. Good guy just needs to get some years under his belt. Looks like he lost a couple of lbs too must be too much stress over there for the tbreds. Best of luck SA

World Cup
World Cup
Quote:

SA as #1? Are you kidding. I saw the coach recuiting kids off the chess club. I wish SA the best but just dont look for much this year. Coach Waters has a long way to go as a coach. Good guy just needs to get some years under his belt. Looks like he lost a couple of lbs too must be too much stress over there for the tbreds. Best of luck SA

I heard he lost weight from the strain of carrying that huge state championship ring around. AHHHHHHAAAAAAHAAAAAHAAAAAAAA!!!! Etrain = Awesome

C
Coach
Coach
C
Quote:

Heh...yeah, good luck to Coach H2O and the SA bunch...still miss our old cross-county 1A back-and-forth!

I've got good news and bad news...
E
bench
bench
E
You are spending too much time on Whiskey Rd if you believe that or at least drinking too much whiskey. Is it true SA is going to Europe?
Bet that will be like National Lampoon's European Vacation.

Best of luck overseas.

World Cup
World Cup
Yes, I bet it will be like it. Juuuuuuuust like it...

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
SA in Austria

....The hills are alive with the sound of Griswald...errr...Waters.... They been around for a long ....

E
bench
bench
E
ok coach waters is that his name? i thought he was the assist coach? I thought that mike allen was the real coach. have i missed something? Anyway whoever bring me something back from the trip. Get you some leinderhausen is that spelled correctly?

World Cup
World Cup
Oh, I wish you were as ignorant about it all as you're trying to be. You over did it with the "is waters the coach" after already calling him out. Good attempt, but kinda lame. Work on the act, you may get good at it. First, second, and third post used to start up a single, remote topic against one team/man is a give away as well.

goal
goal
1 Spring Valley
2 Northwestern
3 Lexington
4 Irmo
5 Dorman
6 Mauldin
7 Wando
8 Summerville
9 Dutch Fork
10 South Aiken
11 Greenwood
12 Beaufort
13 Fort Dorchester
14 Fort Mill
15 Stratford

I believe those are the 4A preseaon rankings for this season. They look pretty accurate in my opinion. What are everyones thoughts on these?

C
kick off
kick off
C
how in the world is dutch fork in the top ten?! and south aiken?!

goal kick
goal kick
Why not Dutch Fork and South Aiken? Dutch Fork has a thing called an All-American which means he is probably pretty good and can take over games. South Aiken only lost 4 people and return a whole defense that was fourth best in the state.

C
kick off
kick off
C
cates is def overrated, not true all-american material. great player? no doubt. better than me? no doubt. but can NOT take over a game. and dutch fork lost like...EVERYBODY. how many players total did they return? and south aiken doesnt have the offense to even be in the top ten. i just think thats laughable. summervilles only a couple of spots ahead of them, which makes my head boggle because theyre a team on the rise, like a dorman.
i think lexington should be a bit lower, and def. fort mill should be higher. their record was deceiving last year.
what does everybody else think?

world cup
world cup
angel,

You are absolutely right, Dutch Fork lost a lot of players.
You are absolutely wrong on Danny Cates. He's one of the two best players in the state and one of the top players in the region. You are WAY out of bounds.

As for Fort Mill, the high school split and they lost some talented players to Nation Ford. You can't make them a preseason Top 10.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
S
supasta Offline OP
kick off
OP Offline
kick off
S
The top 5 in that list will dominate every other 4a team in the state. Lexington shouldnt be lower exactly, they have a very solid group of players coming back. Lexington, Irmo and Dorman however all seem to interchangeable at this point and NW and SV are a cut above the rest of the group until proven otherwise.

goal kick
goal kick
Well angel i guess you haven't seen danny play too much. Cause when i watched him play centerback for the region team in Disney no one scored. Also when I watched his club team play I think he had an assist or goal in almost every game. I consider that taking over or at least domination. And as for South Aiken they lose two average forwards but return there whole mid and have a forward from Lexington United running up top for them this year.

S
goal
goal
S
I heard Cates no longer attends Dutch Fork. He is still planning on attending USC next year but is at an academy in Ohio. So much for Dutch Fork!

H
goal
goal
H
On paper, I like Spring Valley to repeat, probably against NW again. I like Irmo as the team most likely to unseat NW in the Upper-State. Fortunately, they don't play on paper and the kids will get to answer all of this themselves.

goal
goal
Danny Cates is an amazing player. To say he cannot take over games is shocking in my opinion. I wish him the best of luck, wherever he may be.

goal
goal
And I believe Fort Mill should not be top 15. Like Hurst stated, with the addition of Nation Ford High School, several quality players were taken away from them. I believe they can do well with quality players still there, but we will have to see.

H
goal kick
goal kick
H
Danny was about to attend an academy in Ohio but it would have affected his amatuer status and elgibilty for South Carolina. He will be playing for Dutch Fork, which is a tremendous boost for that team. However, that team lost so many starters and contributing players off the bench that I have a hard time believing they will be able to consistently remanin among the states top 15 teams. Danny is a great player but Dutch Fork will struggle this year.

S
kick off
kick off
S
spring valley is the best team in the state, i think everyone knows that..and everyone knows that the upperstate is really loaded this year, right?..but seriously can the lowerstate never get any respect??year after year wando always enters the polls lower than they should be. they did lose a lot of seniors last year but every year they make it to lower state...so how about a little respect for Wando i think they deserve it. and i also believe that summerville is gonna suprise a lot of teams this year with their talent

dont question me
F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
respect is earned,... and as was stated many, many, many times....this is a PRESEASON ranking. it means nothing until the games are played. WANDO lost many players and the expectations are they will be weaker this year... That is all

Back in August nobody picked the Giants to be in the Superbowl this year either...And the BCS gives you a clear indication that rankings are not what everyone would like them to be.

goal kick
goal kick
you guys seem to be leaving out a potentially dangerous BEAUFORT team. last season they finised 16-5, and still have a lot of really skilled players. BEAUFORT will continue to shock the state.

"THERE IS ONLY 1 RONALDO"
S
supasta Offline OP
kick off
OP Offline
kick off
S
Continue.....???

goal kick
goal kick
the only thing that shocks me about beafort...is its short and easy schedule

Im tired of chasin my dreams Im just goin to ask 'em where theyre goin and hook up with 'em later
goal kick
goal kick
you got to be kidding me! they showed last year that they were not just a push over... sure they have some easy teams like; battery creek, berkeley, and a few more... but look at the other teams they play... summerville, fort dorchester, wando. are you telling me 2006 was a fluke when they almost beat wando 3-2, but got cheated out with one sided refs?!?! Last year showed they can keep up with somke of the best teams in the state... so give Beaufort credit for changing the way the lowerstate thinks of them

sG Offline
corner kick
corner kick
Nations Ford....brand new school but are any "top of the line" players attending this school or will they be building for a couple of years?

One Time!
sG #92464 01/31/08 02:00 AM
S
supasta Offline OP
kick off
OP Offline
kick off
S
Ok I have to give credit where credit is due. Beaufort ALMOST beat Wando, well done. Losing to a highly ranked team truely shows the strides Beaufort is making. Try coming upstate a little bit and playing with the big boys like Spring Valley, Northwestern, Lexington, Irmo and Dorman. Then you won't be so impressed with Summerville or Fort D. Beaufort would not have even made it out of the second round in the upperstate playoffs.

goal kick
goal kick
i agree with supasta..beaufort needs to beat some superpowers before they are considered a major contender in the state..but in the lowcountry you're probably considered a good team.

Im tired of chasin my dreams Im just goin to ask 'em where theyre goin and hook up with 'em later
S
throw in
throw in
S
Im gonna go out on a limb and say:

1. NW
2. SV
3. Mauldin
4. Lexington
5. Wando

S
kick off
kick off
S
who are some of the best players in the state this year??

dont question me
brace
brace
Quote:

who are some of the best players in the state this year??

You need to create this question in its own thread and then watch all of the sparks and crap fly.

S
throw in
throw in
S
Lexington vs Ridge View tommorow night im looking for the upset guys im gonna call it RV 2-1 over Lexington, If not im calling a close loss.

B
kick off
kick off
B
Sorry Sharpe, but I don't think the game will be very close. What are you basing your prediction off of?

el tiempo esta arriba
S
throw in
throw in
S
the fact that Ridge View has alot of new skilled players that i think are ready to shock the midlands.

goal kick
goal kick
WOW!!! sharpe man i think you are on crack. until you see what they've accomplished during the season then you can say that ridge view may have a chance. but to say it'll be close is crazy... lexington is more than likely going to own.

goal kick
goal kick
and not to mention they lost 6-2 in the playoffs last year

S
throw in
throw in
S
ay man thats why its called a upset u dont see it coming some of the best teams lose, when they werent supposed to lose.

goal kick
goal kick
not at the beggining of the season to a team that has barely lost any of their players

S
throw in
throw in
S
be ready for anything

goal kick
goal kick
thats true... we'll see how this one plays out.

kick off
kick off
Eagle, I hope you are not talking about lexington when you say they barely lost anybody. Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't lexington loose 10+ seniors including half their starters?

goal kick
goal kick
Well lexington might have lost half their starters but they do return six players from lexington united.

kick off
kick off
I also bet that the upstate teams will have players from CESA and the lower state teams will have players from Bridge that have also won state championships.

J
bench
bench
J
Lexington 0 Ridge View 0 Well played game by both teams.

S
throw in
throw in
S
yea i heard RV lexington was a good game i didnt think i was on crack :\ Clover downed 4-1 to Blythewood.

Y
bench
bench
Y
Did Lexington not play up to their potenial or what?

weezy
S
throw in
throw in
S
Dont underestimate RV.... they have a very talented team this year alot of younger players that bring a new addition to the team.

S
supasta Offline OP
kick off
OP Offline
kick off
S
Someone sum up the RV-Lex game for me. I would love to know how Lexington did'nt murder them.

S
supasta Offline OP
kick off
OP Offline
kick off
S
Were there gaps in the starting lineup due to the loss of 10 seniors and however many starters?

S
throw in
throw in
S
They didnt murder them because RV is better than all you guys think u wait im telling you watch RV this year i think they will make a statement.

S
supasta Offline OP
kick off
OP Offline
kick off
S
I asked for a review of the game for those not in attendance, not another one of your opinions. If you would like to sum up what happened take a shot.

S
throw in
throw in
S
mmk well if you wanna get smart with someone i think RV and Lexington both came to play and neither one was able to get a good shot on goal. But i mean this is a forum open to the soccer players of South Carolina im sorry for voicing my opinion but i think you can get over it.

kick off
kick off
Certainly you would expect more out of the preseason number 3 in the state.

S
throw in
throw in
S
but then again phen it is preseason they may be just messing around with the set-up and seeing what will work so they can keep from losing in the regular season.

S
bench
bench
S
Eagle, I was under the impression that Beaufort lost a large chunk of that team. Are there any quality underclassman, other than your returning varsity, to step up and fill those spots?

S
supasta Offline OP
kick off
OP Offline
kick off
S
That was quite the lackluster effort at a recap sharpeman. I did however enjoy the first amendment speech, which for those of you with a RV education means the right to freedom of speech. I simply felt like pointing out that you were repeating your own monotonous opinion for the third time. I too am a member of this message board and should be aloud to state my opinion, right? (tear)

goal kick
goal kick
Quote:

Lexington 0 Ridge View 0 Well played game by both teams.

i think most of the Lex players would agree with me when i say they didnt play to their full potential...otherwise the game would have been a lot different.

S
throw in
throw in
S
supasta i dont go to RV therefore i dont have a RV education, and i heard from RV players that Lexington came in cocky thats why they didnt win.

brace
brace
Wow. It looks like Lexington has no chance this year because they played so poorly. I think that they should just go back to the basics and hope that they can even stay in the top 20 this year.

For goodness sakes guys! It a scrimmage on the second day of practice. You guys act like it's a game that's midway through the season. Do you really expect any team to come out on fire this early? I think that you all need to take this game as what it really was. An early season scrimmage where the coach is trying news things out and playing a lot of different players.

Last edited by CornerFlag; 02/06/08 12:38 PM.
coach
coach
cf,
Right on it as usual.....1st scrimmage after a week of practice..... a lot of guys get to play in scrimmages. Not a game to get too up for, supasta. Early scrimmages are usually lackluster affairs.
I give supasta 45% chance of making it thru the whole season. Sounds like he has too much alfredo sauce between his ears.

S
supasta Offline OP
kick off
OP Offline
kick off
S
Oh I will be here all the way until stone.
I give you a 0% chance of ever becoming a man.

P.S. when in doubt on the message board deny you attend/play for the team you consider to be "Young and talented".

Last edited by supasta; 02/06/08 07:58 PM.
S
throw in
throw in
S
Supasta i dont play for RV, i play for Blythewood so maybe check your facts before you try to point me out. lets try to keep this about 4a top 5 and not about jelous kids that have no life.

S
supasta Offline OP
kick off
OP Offline
kick off
S
Dont hate on me because im gonna have a state championship ring on my finger when this year ends.

goal
goal
And you would play for...?

S
supasta Offline OP
kick off
OP Offline
kick off
S
Now where would the fun be if I told you such things? But before the years out I will have another ring.

S
throw in
throw in
S
i have a feeling ur not telling us the name of the school u attend because your scared your not gonna win the State Championship, or second your ashamed of your school.

J
world cup
world cup
J
..every..year..

kick off
kick off
1.SV
2.NW
3.IRMO

S
throw in
throw in
S
oo bold move putting Irmo over Lexington imma have to go with you on that one.

brace
brace
Quote:

..every..year..

Cheer up Jack. Without all the cockiness and stupidity from the young uns, this forum would be boring.

Y
bench
bench
Y
I agree with Irmo over Lexington. Irmo returns a very quality team, and Lexington lost 10+ seniors, half of which were starters. Im just not sure what Lexington is going to do this season.

1. Spring Valley
2. Northwestern
3. Irmo
4. Lexington

weezy
World Cup
World Cup
My team is gonna beat your team bad and I'll play and school you, but you're gonna have to guess which one I am...but I won't tell you just in case I sit the bench, get cut, or play JV...yeah, we're gonna kill you and I'll get my 9th championship ring!!!

brace
brace
Quote:

My team is gonna beat your team bad and I'll play and school you, but you're gonna have to guess which one I am...but I won't tell you just in case I sit the bench, get cut, or play JV...yeah, we're gonna kill you and I'll get my 9th championship ring!!!

Way too funny and way too true.....

kick off
kick off
Wow i didn't know we played for the same team W&E.

J
world cup
world cup
J
Quote:

My team is gonna beat your team bad and I'll play and school you, but you're gonna have to guess which one I am...

I know!

Professor Plum, in the equipment shed, with a Pugg goal!

No no..Mr. Green, in the Northeast, with a raging case of puberty!

coach
coach
W&E,
if you ever do get any JV PT, I am gonna go cleats up on you and that plastic ring of yours. "Ref, #%&@+, I got ALL ball"!

C
kick off
kick off
C
Lexington might be good but they need to come out stronger at the beginning of the season rather than like the RV game. They all just seemed really lethargic and unorganized. They have 11 seniors and I think 6 who play together on Lexington United compared to RV who has 3 seniors,probably 6 juniors, a couple of sophemore and 3 freshman. They will have some work to do but Lexington can compete in the top 5 if they clean it up

World Cup
World Cup
Quote:

W&E,
if you ever do get any JV PT, I am gonna go cleats up on you and that plastic ring of yours. "Ref, #%&@+, I got ALL ball"!

I'd have every bit of it coming to me. I have to retire and do what all the other washed ups do...go into media

E
goal kick
goal kick
E
yea overall RV played bootball the whole game vs lex who had alot of oppourtunities but is still struggling to find the right fit for some of thier positions. They only had one day of practice before the scrimmage. They will be strong they just have 2 get warmd up, nobody can come out on fire. especially against a lack-luster team like RV

one can be beaten, two can defend themselves, but a a strand of three is not easily defeated
ehs1 #92517 02/08/08 12:14 PM
S
throw in
throw in
S
I heard Anders Coe and Justin Braddock had a beast game against Lexington.. i think RV can play with anyone in the top 5 just like they did against Lexington.

kick off
kick off
Sharpe, can I get your doctor's name so he can prescribe me whatever he has you on?

S
throw in
throw in
S
i guess i was on crack RV 0 Aiken 3 i heard but its just preseason you cant tell anything from who wins or who loses.

goal kick
goal kick
Aiken 4 RV 1...Maybe this shows that Lexington is starting slow because i know aiken isn't that good. Plus Lexington beat BC who beat Spring Valley so who knows

S
throw in
throw in
S
k thanks for the score woah i must have heard wrong

Brace
Brace
typical preseason "topsy-turvy"

"I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles"
C
kick off
kick off
C
it was actually Aiken 4- RV 0. Aiken had 2 goals off a head from a long throw. A volley off a long throw, and a deflection from a free kick. RV has a really small team this year and are struggling matching up on corners and throws in the back. RV tallest player is probably aroung 5'10" and have 2 star players under 5'3''

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard