Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 15 1 2 11 12 13 14 15
World Cup
World Cup
You just got Heised (patent pending)! That's when he drops the info on ya or keeps you from spreading info across too many threads (guilty!). There are rumors that once, back in 1987, he was actually asked a question concerning soccer...and didn't know the answer. "Never again" he said to his brother. "Never again..."

S
coach
coach
S
Quote:

Quote:

I would like to thank Jack for his recap, shake my fist at him for not mentioning the goal called back for offsides, and wish him well on his quest to bring back "eastlands" to the casual footwear frontier.

Pardon me! Next time I will just scan and post my 1 & 1/2 pages of notes so I don't miss anything.

Here you go everyone, the skinny on the phantom offsides calls against South Aiken:

"SA#10 to #14 poor offsides call"

&

"another poor offsides call against SA"

Happy?

Let me get this straight -- you're unhappy about the coverage you received from Jack? How would you feel if he only caught the last 20 minutes of your game during which most of the time you'd emptied your bench?

Wow...you South Aiken people sure are spoiled! [<-- Note: I'm really, really just kidding.]

J
world cup
world cup
J
Your consolation is that your team made it to the VC final, but will actually have a shot at winning state.

World Cup
World Cup
Quote:

Let me get this straight -- you're unhappy about the coverage you received from Jack? How would you feel if he only caught the last 20 minutes of your game during which most of the time you'd emptied your bench?

Wow...you South Aiken people sure are spoiled! [<-- Note: I'm really, really just kidding.]

It's about time the two of us rise up against his communist reporting so the real facts can come out! You do the research and make the eloquent and well thought out responses, I'll badger him with more useless post than he can handle!

world cup
world cup
Any comments on some of the coverage by The State? I woke up Saturday morning, got the paper down in the hotel lobby and read "Dewey Defeats Truman".

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
Goal
Goal
Very good final yesterday. Wando appears loaded once again. Lexington's Campbell is the real deal and USC is fortunate to have gained her services. I read The State newspaper's article this morning and their coverage over the weekend and thought they did a good job.

50th for a reason!
S
coach
coach
S
Hurst66:

Sunday and Saturday coverage, respectively.

http://www.thestate.com/preps/story/327121.html

http://www.thestate.com/preps/story/326123.html

I was surprised that no one else posted the links; when poor gunner04 earlier in the week rose tepidly to the defense of "The State" by simply noting that (to paraphrase) you might catch more flies with honey than vinegar, he was smacked down hard (when I saw the MLK reference, I thought that the Nazi/French sympathizer comparison was next!)

S
coach
coach
S
Quote:

Your consolation is that your team made it to the VC final, but will actually have a shot at winning state.

Jack -- I appreciate all that you did throughout the Viking Cup (and beyond) -- but had to tweak you after "Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter." -MLK Jr.- -- it was just too easy!

I personally think that the upstate papers do about 1000 times a better job of covering club and high school soccer than does "The State." And I think that "The State" will eventually get that they have to increase their focus on youth soccer since it has so many players and participants and alternative media (such as SCSoccer.com) increasingly gains a foothold and people look to newspapers for a stronger focus on their own lives.

But I really did think that you guys overreacted just a tiny bit to what gunner04 was saying -- which was just that there might be better ways to get coverage than being critical.

By the way -- I actually try to post a lot more about other teams than "my team" -- it's too easy to get caught up in cheerleading for what you know best.

J
world cup
world cup
J
Quote:

But I really did think that you guys overreacted just a tiny bit to what gunner04 was saying -- which was just that there might be better ways to get coverage than being critical.

Fair enough on the overreaction(quoting MLK was a bit melodramatic). But I still cannot blame coaches for their frustration with the media. I think things are on the upswing though and that is something I think we're all happy about.

J
world cup
world cup
J
I blame W&E.

Page 13 of 15 1 2 11 12 13 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard