#92546 01/21/08 06:44 PM
corner kick
OP Offline
corner kick
Looks like the Brackets are out

http://www.columbiaunitedfc.com/hstournaments/vikingcup/index_E.html

Any predictions?

GOOD LUCK to all!!

"We do not quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing."
world cup
world cup
Dorman and Lexington will each win their groups and make it to The Final 4.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
C
kick off
kick off
C
Irmo anyone?

S
throw in
throw in
S
Im gonna go with-
Bracket A winner- Spring Valley
Bracket B winner- Ridge View (for the upset)
Bracket C winner- Lexington
Bracket D winner- Dutch Fork

Bracket A vs Bracket B- Ridge View
Bracket C vs Bracket D- Lexington

Championship: Lexington vs Ridge View- Ridge View ( another upset)

world cup
world cup
Sharpe,

Do you get out of the Midlands much?

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
S
throw in
throw in
S
haha not really i like going with the underdogs, and i think Ridge View is capible of shocking all the other teams.

R
throw in
throw in
R
Are expectations high at RV this year?? You seem pretty high on them. Are they returning most of their team?

L
Goal
Goal
L
were they (rv) any good last year?

S
throw in
throw in
S
The Only real big loss was Lisa Jennings they had mostly freshman playing for them last year so i expect them to be more experienced this year with ball skills and shots.

World Cup
World Cup
I wanted to update the website this morning, but the ISP is still trying to get some issues resolved so I thought I would post this contribution from Jack Rozier in this thread.

2008 Taco Bell Viking Cup
Spring Valley Girls Preview
Interview with Coach Steve Lea

Few prep programs in the Palmetto State have the privilege and burden of hosting a first rate invitational tournament. None carry a burden quite as hefty as Spring Valley Vikings coach Steve Lea. The 2008 Taco Bell Viking Cup boasts a field of 32 teams, 29 of which are ranked in their respective classification. Included in the mix are 2007 SCHSL State Champions (4A) Wando, (3A) Eastside, and (2A/1A) Bishop England.

SCSOCCER.COM MEDIA spoke exclusively with Coach Lea in an effort to put an event of this magnitude into perspective.

Quote:

SCSOCCER.COM: What is the origin of the Viking Cup? How did it expand to the current 32 team format?

COACH STEVE LEA: Started as a four team tournament by coach Tony Thompson, the original and only other girls coach in Spring Valley history, a couple of years before my arrival. In 1996, I ran my first Taco Bell Viking Cup as an 8-team tournament. What happened is that girls soccer grew in participation and quality by leaps and bounds, and we had the capacity to expand. We have three fields on campus and two across the street that the local club, Columbia United FC, is always gracious enough to lend to us. As the quantity of great teams increased, we tried to keep up by expanding. We grew to 12 teams, then 16, 20, 24, and 32 over the years. We've been at 32 for, I believe, four years now.

My volunteer staff, composed primarily of parents and ex-parents (graduated players) do a great job, and the convenience, quality, and competition have kept teams coming back year after year.

The Cup is a beast to put on, but it sure is awesome to see 32 top SC girls teams on campus on Saturday!

SCSOCCER.COM: How did Taco Bell come to be the title sponsor?

CSL: I inherited Taco Bell as the title sponsor. Fred Kotoske, owner of all of the Columbia area Taco Bells, was instrumental in the early days of the Cup. When I came on board in 1995-96, we had an initial meeting along with one of our booster club members, and we have been doing this annually ever since. Obviously, as we have grown and as inflation has kicked in, Taco Bell's support has risen over the years. They cover a multitude of tournament expenses to the tune of many thousands of dollars annually, and we could not host this without Taco Bell's support.

SCSOCCER.COM: Elaborate on the logistic partnership between Spring Valley soccer and Columbia United FC that allows this event to occur.

CSL: Basically, CUFC blocks out the Cup weekend for two of their fields for us. They also allow us to utilize their website as an information clearinghouse during the Cup. For them, we are able to do two things. First, we try to reciprocate on field usage if they need it. Sometimes they do and sometimes they don't, and the school district's rules can be a tremendous challenge as well to work around. Also, we advertise on the cover of the tournament program for CUFC, and we also generate a ton of traffic for their website (last year, the first we used their site, generated something like 18,000 hits for them).

SCSOCCER.COM: What college soccer representatives will be in attendance?

CSL: All local (tri-state and beyond) coaches are invited. We usually get a good number in attendance. Some contact me ahead of time, and many do not. We have had as few as about 20 and as many as about 40 in the past several years. Our primary traffic is in the smaller schools, but we do get some of the bigger ones as well (USC and Furman, for example, are here every year). Most coaches here are either looking towards the future (underclassmen) or looking to fill the needs they missed on signing day. We always get a lot of kids into college through the Cup, though. Often, one or two of our own SV girls will end up playing because of Cup exposure.

SCSOCCER.COM: What plans are there to increase exposure?

CSL: Exposure within the Columbia market is a battle, and I cannot for the life of me figure out why. We notify the State each year, and they often completely ignore us. Sometimes we receive some limited TV coverage, but not typically. It's not like it's a surprise when the Cup occurs, and there are annually a dozen midlands teams involved. Ironically, we get more medial coverage out of Charleston, Greenville, and even the small towns than we do in Columbia, and we typically have to beg for what we get here. I will see reporters and talk with them, and they will invariably be from Greenville, Anderson, Aiken, etc., etc.

We have discussed having an additional committee position to focus solely on media coverage, but it seems that the interest level (from the media) is so low that it might be a waste of energy.

Last year, we received a ton of coverage during the aftermath of Ashley Dent's death. We were thankful for that as Ashley was a wonderful teammate and young lady and deserved all of the positive coverage. Still, we always believe that the Cup itself is also worthy of coverage. With 18,000 hits on the CUFC website in the first year we used it, it appears that there is at least a "bit" of public interest as well.

Not only does Coach Lea coordinate the four day tournament, but he also prepares his 11th ranked Lady Vikings for a tourney line-up that does not hold any punches. After a 2-0 exhibition victory over fellow Viking Cup participants Dreher, Coach Lea took a moment to size up his squad thus far.

SCSOCCER.COM: How will the teams play through scrimmages translate to the regular season?

CLS: We have definitely improved throughout our scrimmages, which is certainly a good sign. I hope that this will translate into success during the season, but time will tell. Half of our schedule includes matches with powerful rival teams like Irmo, RV, RNE, and Dutch Fork - not to mention our tournament schedule. If we are successful in the early rounds at the Taco Bell Viking Cup, for example, we could face both Riverside and Wando on Saturday - a daunting task, to say the least.

SCSOCCER.COM: What did you see in your team tonight that will help/hurt you going into a tournament like the Viking Cup?

CLS: I liked most of what I saw. Dreher pretty much jump on us in the first half. They took us out of our game with their quickness and physicality, and they controlled plenty of the first half. I was happy that our defense was able to absorb most of that with very few opportunities allowed. I challenged the kids at halftime to step up to Dreher's pace and reestablish "our" game, and they did. I gave them three specifics that would change the game, and they implemented them all. We spent most of the second half in control, so I was very happy that my team responded. I really liked Dreher's team, though. For a scrimmage, that was a really exciting game!

A special thanks to coach Steve Lea for his comments and his contributions to South Carolina soccer. For the latest on the 2008 Taco Bell Viking Cup visit:
http://www.scsoccer.com/forum/postlist.php?Cat=0&Board=UBB3 (SCSoc Girl’s Forum)
http://www.columbiaunitedfc.com/hstournaments/vikingcup/index_E.html (CUFC site)

World Cup
World Cup
Good stuff!!!

G
corner kick
corner kick
G
Let's see - bashing the media, then asking for their coverage and support seems to be a public relations nightmare.

J
world cup
world cup
J
Please, correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems you would contend that Columbia area soccer coverage has been more than sufficient over the years.

If that is your assertion then you have confirmed my belief that you have no scope of the goings-on at this level of the game.

I can assure you, anything I have asked for from Coach Lea to provide exposure for his team and the game - he has given me double. If any other media outlet decides to do so, I am sure he will do the same for them.

Please, don't try to start trouble - we have enough of those people here already.

World Cup
World Cup
This is black history month so we could make use of such an example. Martin Luther King Jr., God rest his soul, criticized the government AND asked for changes in civil rights. I think that one worked out quite well.

(sorry, it's all the posters up that have me thinking about it!)

J
world cup
world cup
J
Indeed.

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."
-MLK Jr.-

world cup
world cup
Taco Bell Viking Cup is hands down the best high school soccer tournament out there.

Steve, great job bringing in 32 quality teams every year.

G
corner kick
corner kick
G
Some Viking Cup coverage

http://www.midlandspreps.com/

J
world cup
world cup
J
I'll most likely end up at RNE/Blythewood and Aiken/Dreher tonight. Hope to see a great crowd for both matches - despite whatever weather we may encounter!

World Cup
World Cup
No thunder, but those boys and girls are going to get wet!

http://www.weather.com/weather/hourbyhour/USSC0065?from=search

J
world cup
world cup
J
There is nothing like playing in a downpour, though with it being 40-50 degrees in the middle of flu season - that may put a damper on things. (pun intended)

World Cup
World Cup
I hope Ron Johnson catches The Plague...and the same goes for Jason Bourne.

J
world cup
world cup
J
Jason Bourne IS the plague..

world cup
world cup
Columbia weather for Friday night looks brutal.

Bundle up.

World Cup
World Cup

C
Goal
Goal
C
I'm glad we did that slide tackling drill the other day.

coach
coach
Weather Report-

Its gonna be tough going in the city for our cub reporter, Jack. But here he is in training, preparing for the coming storm. What a trooper he is-

I predict the Vikings will take it on their home seas..... er..... I mean, field-

Last edited by 2004striker; 02/21/08 07:05 PM.
coach
coach

L
Goal
Goal
L
Foul weather plans for Taco Bell Cup

Good move by Steve Lea.

http://www.columbiaunitedfc.com/scripts/runisa.dll?M2:gpx::72239+L3/+E+118+168046

World Cup
World Cup
Post all information from the 2008 Taco Bell Viking Cup hosted by Spring Valley HS in this thread. Thanks!

C
Brace
Brace
C
Irmo 3 Airport 3 at end of regulation.
Irmo wins 4-3 in pk's.

I think Spring Valley won 1-0 over Ben Lippen.

I know it was cold and wet....41 and rain.

C
Brace
Brace
C
Summerville 1 Ridge View 0 Pk's
Blythewood 4 RNE 1

goal kick
goal kick
Lexington 3-0 Chapin

R
goal kick
goal kick
R
Dreher 3 Aiken 2

I couldn't post to the other thread b/c no "reply" button was there. Computer glitch. Sorry Heises.

goal kick
goal kick
How does Dreher look this year?

World Cup
World Cup
Quote:

Dreher 3 Aiken 2

I couldn't post to the other thread b/c no "reply" button was there. Computer glitch. Sorry Heises.

The thread was locked thus you can't reply. I'm a rebel, my first locked thread!!!

J
world cup
world cup
J
1-0 SV is correct.

Jamie Shaw finished a great cross (didn't catch who from) with a superb header (especially under the conditions).

corner kick
corner kick
Keep the reports coming as I will not make it this year. The Flu has me down and out.

Viking Cup webpage on CUFC site

J
world cup
world cup
J
Weather drove me away from RV/Sville and RNE/B-wood last night, but I vow to stick it out tonight for the 8:30 FM/HH match, no matter how much hot cocoa it takes!

World Cup
World Cup
In a silver "mug"?

B
throw in
throw in
B
Brutal conditions last night! Kudos to all the girls & coaches whot made it through. A special applause to the parents and spectators who had to sit and watch, it was bad moving and running out there, but even worse if you were just standing. Looks as if the rains have ceased hopefully the games tonight can be played in their entirety. The 5:30 and 7:00 matches last night had fair field conditions, but the 8:30 matches were affected by standing water on the fields.

G
corner kick
corner kick
G
Here is coverage of the Spring Valley/Ben Lippen game.
And man, was it cold and wet!

http://www.thestate.com/preps/story/324352.html

world cup
world cup
Jamie Shaw scores the game-winning goal, then jumps in between the pipes to preserve the shutout victory.

Quite a night for that young lady.

J
world cup
world cup
J
Seems to be a running theme for the Vikings.

I would say your worst nightmare against SV is Shaw in goal. That means you're down and you probably won't be pulling level.

F
throw in
throw in
F
Are Friday's games on as planned? No announcement on the CUFC website yet

L
Goal
Goal
L
Check here throughout the tournament for updates on changes in field status and game schedules.

Update for 2/22/08 (4 pm): Officials have contacted the tournament committee to inform them that some fields are in danger of becoming unplayable. The plan is as follows:

We walked the fields (they are soaked), but they are slowly draining and we were missed by all major weather. We are hoping that there is enough push from the west to keep everything moving just south of us. We are also a go with CUFC.Here are the adjustments, and it is critical that they be followed:

Today's games will be shortened to 30-minute halves. Kick-off times will remain the same. This will allow time for repair between games if necessary and also save a bit of time on the fields.
There will be NO on field warm-up tonight. I know that our space is limited, but the format honestly provides only a couple of minutes of on-field warm-up under normal circumstances. This is not perfect, but it should save lots of wear in small areas. Also, it will help keep us in the good graces of those with a stake in maintaining the fields.
Saturday - we plan to play as scheduled, but we may make some minor adjustments as warranted by field conditions after tonight. We will email any notifications and post on www.ColumbiaUnitedFC.com.
Sunday - we will make a call based upon field conditions late Saturday.
Thanks for all of your patience with this - I know you all have a lot invested in the trip to play here.

-
kick off
kick off
-
congrats to hilary daly (fr) on her first career goal! tuff way to score it in the muck

goals
marshall (campbell)
daly (campbell)
adams (campbell)

-
kick off
kick off
-
what happened in the sv/ben lippen game? surprised at tight score given the lex/ben lippen scrimmage. were players out during the lex/ben lippen game?

corner kick
corner kick
We're here and it's cold. Just want to make sure the remote posting works

Doin' it the hard way...
C
Brace
Brace
C
Wando 1 Spartanburg 0
Jl Mann 3 NW 0
WA 3 Eastside 2(pks)
Byrnes 1 DF 0

S
throw in
throw in
S
what games are going on tonight?

T
corner kick
corner kick
T
Geeze Louise-- Talk about an interesting twist of fate--or karma--luck--whatnot........

To try and explain for those not familiar with Lady Bengal Viking Cup history:

In our first year we faced West Ashley in the SECOND round of the Viking Cup--- in the consolation bracket- lost 0-9

Last year- our second year- we AGAIN faced West Ashley in the SECOND round - in the consolation bracket-- lost 0-4

This year- our third season and for the third year in a row we face -WEST ASHLEY only this time it is in the winners bracket!

Hmmmmmmmmm..... Fate? Or the long hand of Steve Lea?????

Tony King
goal kick
goal kick
WA over Eastside?!?

Did anyone watch the game? Was it evenly matched?

C
Brace
Brace
C
Dorman 2 Wren 1 (pks)
South Aiken 2 Myrtle Beach 1 (pks--6th one)

J
world cup
world cup
J
Mauldin - 2
James Island - 0

Riverside - 2
Brookland-Cayce - 1

Fort Mill - 0
Hilton Head - 1

corner kick
corner kick
TL Hanna- 1
Bishop England-0

That there is an RV Clark......
J
world cup
world cup
J
MUCH improved conditions tonight. Still pretty cold compounded by a steady mist towards the end of the night, but nothing remotely like the insanity that was last night.

I arrived at Harry Parone during the halftime break of James Island vs Mauldin. By this time Mauldin had a 1-0 advantage.

Before I recap, I have to say:

Mauldin has the UGLIEST kits I have ever seen in prep sports - possibly in all sport. Even worse than these:

..I digress.

Both teams came out of the break strong. I was impressed with the overall skill of both teams. Each seemed as though they were comfortable with the ball at their feet under pressure. Communication was excellent, though Mauldin's passing was more intuitive which gave them an extra step.

James Island certainly possessed the ball, but never seemed to be able to sustain pressure in the eighteen. Opportunities came from the perimeters and the top of the eighteen, but Mauldin's back line closed quickly inside the box - rarely allowing more than a first touch.

Mauldin attacked in just about every way imaginable. Left or right it made no difference - short, short, long, - give and go through balls - corner flag and cross - dribble through the center - and the kitchen sink!

Maudlin's size in the midfield gave James Island fits on set pieces. There were a handful of free headers from corners and free kicks where Trojan defenders were muscled away, though unpunished.

Mauldin scored their 2nd goal from a ball played to streaking sophomore midfielder Leah Young. Young carried the ball with pace down the left flank and then finished with a well placed shot just inside the farside post.

Final 2-0 Mauldin.

B
throw in
throw in
B
Anybody have a recap of the Dutch Fork V. Byrnes game?

World Cup
World Cup
Hanna cutt the defending AA champs, eh Hobo? Good start off for the Yellow Jackets under first year Head Coach Craig Joyner. Can you ask for a better first win? Good stuff to the Lady Jackets and my boy. Goal scored by Caitlin Robinson with Casey Craft. Clean sheet held by Kendall Maxwell. Good to see my good friends in the stands.

L
lfc Offline
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
L
Anyone get a chance to see Fort Mill / HH tonight?

J
world cup
world cup
J
Fort Mill - Hilton Head

Last year's 3A runners-up look stellar. As a team, exceptional composure on the ball. Much like Mauldin, the Lady Seahawks came out with a varied attack. However, Hilton Head tended to create more 1v1 situations and excel! Fort Mill defenders will be having night terrors about sophomore forward Stephanie Sosa. Partnering with Sosa was junior forward Dianna Boryk. The towering tandem will have great success this season (assuming Boryk's injury late in the match is not too serious).

It was by no means complete domination as Fort Mill had several opportunities through more direct play. Sophomore midfielder Taylor Parker tested the speed of Hilton Head's defense, but rarely found a Lady Jacket in the eighteen unmarked.
Chances were had (though sparingly) by Sophomore forward Becca Tooley who was unable to chip the Seahawks keeper in the second half. Frustration showed late in the game as build-up was a difficult task for an overrun Fort Mill midfield.

The Hilton Head goal came from a poor clearance attempt that rolled to the feet of Boryk who then placed the ball neatly inside the left post.

1-0 Halftime

Fort Mill did not shrink away, though they continued to struggle in transition. Parker continued to provide options for the Fort Mill attack, including a lovely strike off the far post after being released by a beautiful chip (didn't catch the server).

Three or four injuries during this match, both sides appear to have lost at least one player (for how long, I do not know).

Final 1-0 Hilton Head

L
lfc Offline
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
L
Wow, much better game report than I had hoped for. I can go to bed now. Thanks Jack.

CJ Offline
Brace
Brace
For what its worth, here are my thoughts from last night:

Field SV2 was an absolute mosh pit last night. I saw the last bit of Dorman/Wren and it was a muddy mess, but we are all very thankful to get the games done. Every other tournament in the state postponed. Great job, Steve!

Our match with BE was very evenly matched with both teams having to adjust to playing more long balls than usual.

W&E did his usual great job of getting every ounce of effort from his team as they won their match with Myrtle Beach.

Finally, I want everyone to know what a class act Dave Snyder and his girls from BE are. The past week has obviously been tough for my family and his girls came over to me after the game with a sympathy card and some very nice words. I must admit I was a little overwhelmed (okay, a lot overwhelmed)by the gesture. This is absolutely why I love coaching girls, and again I want to thank you all for your care and sympathy during this time.

World Cup
World Cup
TLH 1
Lexington 2

Yellow card and wild scene for Lexington coaching staff

Wando 1
SA 0

Most talented team I've seen.

T
goal kick
goal kick
T
The "wild scene" was due to a late hit from behind against one of Lexingtons forwards. Should have been a yellow or red card. If the ref dosn't protect players the coach has to atleast voice his concern.

goal kick
goal kick
Blythewood 0-1 West Ashley

West Ashley scored with 5 minutes left in the game.

-
kick off
kick off
-
lex vs tl hanna, 2-1

lex
marshall (campbell)
marshall (campbell)

tl hanna
#5 scored from scrum in front of goal

lots more opps for lex most in 2nd half; keep for hanna did great job & kept hanna in game
-----------------------------------------------------------
lex vs w ashly, 3-1

lex
johns (unassisted)
campbell (johns)
campbell (unassisted)

w ashly
score on free kick at end, i think #23

not very close

C
Brace
Brace
C

Airport 3 Wren 2
Airport 1 Summerville 0

B
bench
bench
B
well the lady bengals have started off to a good start for the season.

Throughout the last two years at the viking cup, they have not been successful but this year has changed..

the opening match was against RNE and they pulled off a 4-1 victory.

they advanced the the winners bracket to play West Ashley in the second round. West Ashley is currently ranked number 10 in 4A while blythewood is ranked 15th in 3A. Blythewood held their own throughout the first half but did not have the advantage like West Ashley. Finally, at the start of the second half, Blythewood stepped up their game and it was a pretty even match. West Ashley pulled off the 1-0 win in the last four minutes of the game. Bummer Blythewood.

Blythewood then faced Bishop England in the losers bracket for the third round. Bishop England is currently ranked number 1 in 2A.. The game was pretty well balanced and ended in a 0-0 tie. The game did not advance to PK because there was no advancement into a higher bracket. Blythewood seems like big threat this year so teams better be prepared.

J
world cup
world cup
J
TL Hanna - 5
Eastside - 3

South Aiken - 0
Brookland-Cayce - 1 (PKs)

C
Brace
Brace
C
Bracket A scores
BC 1 Ben Lippen 0 pks
MB 2 Spartanburg 1 pks
SV 2 Riverside 1 pks
South Aiken 0 Wando 1
Wando 2 SV 0
South Aiken 0 BC 0 (no pks due to tournament rules)
Wando advances

Bracket B
NW 0 RV 2
Wren 2 Airport 3
Summerville 0 Airport 1
NW 1 Wren 3
Irmo 3 RV 1
JL Mann over Summerville in pks
Dorman 1 Irmo 0
JL Mann 3 Dorman 1
JL Mann advances

Bracket C
BE 1 Chapin 0
RNE 0 Eastside 5
TL Hanna 5 Eastside 3
RNE 2 Chapin 3
Blythewood 0 BE 0 (no pks due to tournament rules)
TL Hanna 1 Lexington 2
Blythewood 0 WA 1
WA 1 Lexington 3
Lexington advances

Bracket D
James Island 3 Aiken 2
Fort Mill 0 DF 1 (pks)
Mauldin 0 Dreher 1
HH vs JI ???
Fort Mill vs Aiken ???
Mauldin vs DF ???
HH 0 Byrnes 1(pks)
Byrnes vs Dreher in finals for bracket D???

J
world cup
world cup
J
Quote:

I guess someone forgot to tell the refs/teams, because I saw them with my own eyes.

World Cup
World Cup
Quote:

The "wild scene" was due to a late hit from behind against one of Lexingtons forwards. Should have been a yellow or red card. If the ref dosn't protect players the coach has to atleast voice his concern.

No place for shouting profanities for four teams to hear. Protect the kids, hold back on the cursing...especially after you've been carded. Take nothing away, however, from the coaching job done by Lexington nor the ability of those kids!

World Cup
World Cup
Quote:

Quote:

I guess someone forgot to tell the refs/teams, because I saw them with my own eyes.

So was it a tie or a BC pk win?

I'll take the tie!

goal kick
goal kick
Byrnes 2-0 Dreher

World Cup
World Cup
Byrnes and Dreher were outstanding surprises this year along with TLH! Leading AAA champ Eastside 5-1 and then finishing 5-3??? Good stuff girls!

R
goal kick
goal kick
R
Aiken 2 Fort Mill 2

W & E, call your scores in to the Aiken Standard (648-2311 ext 4) Cell phone got soaked in Thursday monsoon! apologize for posting for everyone but W & E does live here.

Last edited by R Johnson; 02/24/08 01:18 AM.
C
Brace
Brace
C
Quote:

Quote:

I thought, according to the rules Steve sent that the 2nd saturday games could end in ties unless they were deciding the champion. I could be wrong and misread the tournament rules.

I also noticed on the CUFC website that the score between the two teams was listed as 0-0, but then again that could be listed wrong?
http://www.columbiaunitedfc.com/schedules/2008/8995402.html

World Cup
World Cup
Psssshhhhh...as if I would give you my cell! Got a wonderful parent taking care of it. Good job with Fort Mill!

C
Brace
Brace
C
To finish off bracket D
Bracket D
James Island 3 Aiken 2
Fort Mill 0 DF 1 (pks)
Mauldin 0 Dreher 1
HH 0 vs JI 1
Fort Mill vs Aiken tie--2-2?
Mauldin 1 vs DF 2
HH 0 Byrnes 1(pks)
Byrnes 2 vs Dreher 0
Byrnes advances

World Cup
World Cup
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I thought, according to the rules Steve sent that the 2nd saturday games could end in ties unless they were deciding the champion. I could be wrong and misread the tournament rules.

I also noticed on the CUFC website that the score between the two teams was listed as 0-0, but then again that could be listed wrong?
http://www.columbiaunitedfc.com/schedules/2008/8995402.html

Well I guess it will go down as a tie, but for the record B-C won 4-2 in our "what if" pk shootout. Hard, hard working team that reminded me a lot of...South Aiken . Good to see you again Ms. Smith!

C
Brace
Brace
C
Congratulations to Ron Johnson and Aiken for an outstanding comeback vs James Island(down 3-0 and finished 3-2 and almost tied it up several times) and also finishing strong vs Fort Mill to conclude the tournament with a tie.

W&E also seems to have SA playing very well and had a strong showing at the tournament.

C
Brace
Brace
C

Well I guess it will go down as a tie, but for the record B-C won 4-2 in our "what if" pk shootout. Hard, hard working team that reminded me a lot of...South Aiken . Good to see you again Ms. Smith!

BC puts a very good team on the field as did SA, good game by both sides. The wind was tough! Both sides had chances to win in regulation.

world cup
world cup
Aiken girls played great, Susan Payne was fantastic scoring both goals against FM, the last one with about a minute to play (and 30 seconds after FM went up 2-1).

T
corner kick
corner kick
T
Hey Folks,

I want to jump in real quick to tell my girls what a great job they did this time around at The Cup! They achieved their first win and their first trip to the winners bracket to complement their play.

Congratulations Ladies- you have come a long way in just two short years, I’m looking forward to a great season in '08!

While I’m at it- congratulations to all the teams and young ladies who played/are playing this year. All the way around it seemed like another classy, competitive, and well played tournament.

Thanks to Steve and his crowd as well (including Mrs. Draper for putting up with the constant changing of the T-shirt order) for the invitation and another great tournament!

Job well done sir!

tk

Tony King
World Cup
World Cup
Steve, I know you were stressing Thursday, but all went well and everyone I talked to was well pleased - as always!

S
coach
coach
S
While everyone is offering congratulations... (and I'm up late working to recover time spent attending the Viking Cup...)

To me, the story so far has been the strength of the 3-A teams EXCLUDING the traditional 3-A powerhouses of Riverside and Eastside.

Among the upsets of the tournament so far had to be Dreher beating Mauldin (1-0) and J.L. Mann beating Dorman (3-1.) Dreher was ranked #8 in 3-A and J.L. Mann was ranked #10.

I think that Airport clearly showed it's one of the top programs in the state. Winning against 4-A Summerville and Wren and losing a heartbreaker on PKs to Irmo demonstrated that this team is going to be very, very strong this year. I know it's early and anything can happen, but I think Airport is a strong contender for the state finals and is much stronger than their current #7 ranking in the state.

world cup
world cup
Chico, you are right about the upsets and the surprising strength of the non-traditional 3A teams. Eastside and Riverside are always strong, JL Mann played great this weekend, Dreher is gutty and you like Airport.

I'll go out on a limb and take Hilton Head Island to win the 3A state championship. Although their region is not as competitive and they won't get tested as much as the others during the regular season, they are a very, very good team.

Hilton Head did not have the same energy on Saturday morning that they displayed in their victory Friday night, but they still dominated the game against Byrnes. They made the mistake of letting Byrnes hang around a little too long and paid the price, falling on PK's. HHI's Stephanie Sosa was the best player I saw this weekend (although I didn't see any Lex games where Kira Campbell piled up a bunch of goals and assists).

Early season COY candidates: JL Mann's Gwynne Armstrong (a proven winner) and Kingsley Emerson of Byrnes. They both did a fantastic job getting their teams into the Final 4.

Bracket D: Loaded with preseason favorites Dutch Fork, Mauldin, Fort Mill and Hilton Head Island....and the two teams that played for the group championship were Dreher and Byrnes! Has parity arrived? The Dorman girls basketball team has won the 4A upper state championship six years in a row! How many different upperstate schools have made it to the 4A state girls soccer state championship game in the last six years? I'm glad it's wide open in our game.

Having said that, this afternoon we could be looking at the "same old same old". Two 4A heavyweights, #1 Wando and #2 Lexington battling it out for the Viking Cup title.

Good tournament.

World Cup
World Cup
I FINALLY got to see what all the noise about #9 was about in person for an entire game. Congrats to USC on netting a great player and good luck to all the teams competing today.

S
throw in
throw in
S
1. General Rules
c. No match may end in a tie.
Page 39

sancho
World Cup
World Cup
Excluding tourneys. Found that out at the winter clinic.

CJ Offline
Brace
Brace
Chico,
I finally got to meet Kira and see her play. You must be very proud of such a gifted and gracious daughter. She and her teamates play wonderfully together and they were by far the best team we played or watched this weekend. We were lucky to catch them a bit unorganized in the beginning and our all-state forward Caitlin Robinson (the aforementioned #5) got us an early goal assisted by Molly Harpe (#3). Later in the half, Lexington scored on a second chance corner kick that was centered beautifully from Kira. Our all-state goalie Kendall Maxwell definitely kept us in this game towards the end of the first half and into the second with some marvelous saves. Unfortunately, we experienced dejavu in the second half as Lexington AGAIN scored on a second chance corner.

I want to point out that Caitlin had an outstanding tournament with five goals for the three games. Also, Casey Craft (#7) assisted on two of Caitlin's goals and contributed an amazing shot from outside the box to get things started against Eastside. Casey would be the center-piece of almost any other team yet she has embraced her job of feeding the senior machine while getting her shots from the outside. Molly Harpe had a great weekend doing all of the dirty work for us, especially shoring up our defense against Lexington. Mariana Anderson and Emily Wentzky anchored our defense against some fantastic competition and I could not be prouder of them. Heck, everybody on the team had to contribute because our bench was thin (as were many other teams) from illness and injury. I am just so proud of our effort, especially in the final game with Eastside. It would have been easy to mail that game in and go home. But we sucked it up and played well.

Sorry for the long post, but I was bothered by the comments of truefan and the dash and I wanted to respond positively for both teams in that match.

J
world cup
world cup
J
Long live the long post!

I will do my best not to spoil any article I have in the works, but I must say that in my short two/three weeks being exposed to the girl's game - I have been pleasantly surprised at the level of play!

I am happy to have witnessed: [cursory/less than a half] Ben Lippen, Airport, Irmo, Summerville, Ridge View, Blythewood, RNE [at least 40min] Mauldin, James Island, West Ashley, Lexington [full match] Fort Mill, Hilton Head, Brookland-Cayce, and South Aiken.

There were so many other teams I wanted to see! If I could have lived in the press box of Harry Parone for the weekend, I would have gladly done so - regardless of the weather!

Finally, it was nice to meet everyone that I did this weekend. Solid group of supporters on the girl's side!

Final recaps:

Lexington vs West Ashley

I came into this match at 2-0 and I wouldn't say West Ashley had packed their bags, but they had to have been suffering fatigue in a bad way. The Lady Wildcats mustered a regular attack of three or four players, but without the support from a lagging midfield - could never sustain any pressure.

On the other hand, Lexington pressed through a spread possession game that resulted in a third goal shortly after I arrived. With the trio on the scoreboard, less than twenty minutes to play, and a tired West Ashley in front of them, perhaps the Lady Wildcats took their foot off the pedal a bit.

Lexington continued to possess, but were content to pass laterally at midfield rather than press forward. This allowed West Ashley to strafe into the Lexington defensive third, but could not find success until winning a free kick twenty yards from goal. Freshmen forward Hillary Ferguson zipped a well placed shot just beyond the reach of a Lexington keeper at full stretch.

Little else to mention as both teams saw the end in sight. However, Lexington's junior right fullback Calli Cameron did a marvelous job protecting her flank.

Final Score:
Lexington 3
West Ashley 1

J
world cup
world cup
J
South Aiken vs Brookland-Cayce

Disclaimer: This recap is blatantly biased. South Aiken Coach Michael "Yes, I got this sweat suit for Christmas - No, I don't have to look like a soccer coach" Young is a dear "friend" of mine - the type of dear friend that you want to see suffer an epic defeat. Mind you, out of no ill will towards his players, but humble pie sure is tasty!

My actual disclaimer is that though these teams certainly did not take this match lightly - it was a consolation game and was played more or less "just for fun."

Both teams traded possession for the opening minutes, until South Aiken's midfield took over. Sophomore Maggie Bosley and junior Nicole Neill muscled their way up the center of the field creating opportunities, but lacking the final ball.

The Lady Bearcats enjoyed several opportunities of their own from the hands of senior Randall Dominguez. On several occasions the Thoroughbred box turned to chaos under the pressure of a Dominguez throw, but all chances were left wanting.

As the half progressed, South Aiken's Melissa Harris and Nicole Gaul joined Bosley and Neill to form an impressive strike force. However, the Lady T-Breds left four (three when they were pressing!) defenders back at all times.

Where is the sense of adventure?!

0-0 at the Half

Both teams came out of the break with a little more pep, but not enough to produce a goal. B-C's senior midfielder Cayla Fralick emerged as a ball dealer, playing some impressive early balls. The sibling duo of Kayla and Kellie Bingham also provided the Lady Bearcats with several opportunities, the best of which being a wonderful strike from Kayla that was pushed just over the crossbar by 2nd half keeper R.B. Wyatt.

The game finished at a decent pace, with South Aiken pressing for the win. Unable to unlock the B-C eighteen yard box, the game ended in a tie - OR DID IT?!

Penalty kicks were had to decide a "winner" though officially the match is apparently ruled a tie.

South Aiken missed their first two spot kicks then converted their next two. Brookland-Cayce sunk the first three with the forth sailing wide right. B-C keeper Alley Greer finished the match with an emphatic penalty kick that struck the inside of the left post, crossed the goal mouth, and stuck just inside the opposite post.

Unofficial stats:
Shots- SA:5 - B-C:9
SOG- SA:2 - B-C:7
Corners- SA:5 - B-C:2

world cup
world cup
From a "concerned" Dutch Fork parent:

Lexington 2
Byrnes 1

Byrnes scored in the first minute of the match.

Wando 0
JL Mann 0 (Wando advances on PK's 3-1)

goal kick
goal kick
Familiar... Should be a good match! Can't wait to watch.

World Cup
World Cup
I would like to thank Jack for his recap, shake my fist at him for not mentioning the goal called back for offsides, and wish him well on his quest to bring back "eastlands" to the casual footwear frontier.

p.s. I haven't had time to go buy my matching indoor soccer shoes and spiffy adidas/nike track suit like all the other coaches. I did manage, however, to use all the right phrases including but not limited to: Unlucky, play on, no turn no turn, switch the field, and play on.

LF Offline
corner kick
corner kick
I hope someone is there always counting the number of players on the field. Good Luck Lexington. This could be your year!!

World Cup
World Cup
Quote:

I hope someone is there always counting the number of players on the field. Good Luck Lexington. This could be your year!!

The officials have been very, very strict in enforcing the "you don't come on the field until she steps off" in our matches. Hopefully they will continue so we don't have to endure another 2007 debacle.

LF Offline
corner kick
corner kick
That's good to hear. Sounds like this year should be another exciting year in girls HS soccer. I think Region 4 is going be pretty strong this year.

D
corner kick
corner kick
D
Halftime score:

Wando 2
Lexington 0

World Cup
World Cup
Give it time, Region 4 will pull through!

LF Offline
corner kick
corner kick
Oh boy... How you doing deahler??

G
corner kick
corner kick
G
Final

Wando 2
Lexington 1

S
coach
coach
S
Congratulations to Wando; in the finals game with Lexington they absolutely deserved to win.

And congratulations to Lexington; I think this is the first time that they've made it to the Viking Cup finals.

J
world cup
world cup
J
Quote:

I would like to thank Jack for his recap, shake my fist at him for not mentioning the goal called back for offsides, and wish him well on his quest to bring back "eastlands" to the casual footwear frontier.

Pardon me! Next time I will just scan and post my 1 & 1/2 pages of notes so I don't miss anything.

Here you go everyone, the skinny on the phantom offsides calls against South Aiken:

"SA#10 to #14 poor offsides call"

&

"another poor offsides call against SA"

Happy?

World Cup
World Cup
That is why you're my favorite L-E graduate, hands down.

goal kick
goal kick
Great job to my Ben Lippen girls this weekend! Excellent performances against some excellent teams like Spring Valley and B-C. Playing like that against our regular season competition can lead to a great season! No wins in the tourney but a pleasure to play against some of the state's best teams. Something great to build on!

World Cup
World Cup
Final results via Steve Lea

A couple of ties will have to be adjusted on the scoreboard as those pertaining to bracket advancement count as wins and losses, but consolations do not. Hat tip of respect to BC and my friends there.

Wando (5-0)
Lexington (4-1)
J.L. Mann (3-1)
Byrnes (3-1)
Dreher (2-1)
West Ashley (2-1)
Dorman (2-1)
Spring Valley (2-1)
Airport (2-1)
Dutch Fork (2-1)
Irmo (2-1)
James Island (2-1)
Riverside (2-1)
TL Hanna (2-1)
Bishop England (1-1-1)
Blythewood (1-1-1)
Brookland-Cayce (1-1-1)
South Aiken (1-1-1)
Chapin (1-2)
Eastside (1-2)
Hilton Head (1-2)
Mauldin (1-2)
Myrtle Beach (1-2)
Ridge View (1-2)
Spartanburg (1-2)
Summerville (1-2)
Wren (1-2)
Aiken (0-2-1)
Fort Mill (0-2-1)
Ben Lippen (0-3)
Northwestern (0-3)
Richland Northeast (0-3)

S
Brace
Brace
S
How did the Airport girls play?

G
corner kick
corner kick
G
Airport played well/looked good during the tournament after having a tough break coming up short in PKs for their Thursday game.
The Summerville game was a real fight. The team is playing well even with an injury or two slowing them down. They should have a strong season.

goal kick
goal kick
Any big "Shockers" in this Tournament? I know there were many upsets but did any teams really surprise you? (Good/Bad)

World Cup
World Cup
Byrnes surprised me by winning out their group and doing it the hard way.

Fort Mill had a tough draw, but I thought they'd be one to at least nab a win. I'd imagine injuries played a part, and bet that they'll use this game as motivation and start a nice run.

world cup
world cup
Who determines that if a tournament game that ends in a draw.......and goes to PK's for the sake of determining which teams advances through, is recorded as a DRAW or a WIN/LOSS?

The SCHSL?
The Viking Cup Tournament Committee?
scsoccer.com?
W&E?

Last edited by Hurst66; 02/25/08 02:50 AM.

goal kick
goal kick
I was surprised by Eastside and Dreher the most. Eastside was not their usual dominating force and Dreher stepped it up this year.They should have a successful season.

World Cup
World Cup
Quote:

Who determines that if a tournament game that ends in a draw.......and goes to PK's for the sake of determining which teams advances through, is recorded as a DRAW or a WIN/LOSS?

The SCHSL?
scsoccer.com?
W&E?

The tournament. You're knee deep in Fort Mill's workings so get yourself a copy of the tournament rules and you'll find it.

world cup
world cup
The tournament also said that you don't go to PK's in the third round consolation games....but that didn't seem to keep some teams from lining up after regulation and trying them anyway.

World Cup
World Cup
Nothing wrong with a little make believe

I'll take 1-1-1 after the draw we had this year, geeeez.

world cup
world cup
Your team played well.

Congratulations.

I felt that Wren, TL Hanna, South Aiken and Aiken all had good showings. The stock on all four of those teams has risen.

World Cup
World Cup
Going up 5-1 on Eastside was scary good for TLH. That coach has the biggest head now that I've seen this side of the Savannah...

World Cup
World Cup
Quote:

The SCHSL?
scsoccer.com?
W&E?

THE TACO BELL VIKING CUP TOURNAMENT RULES AND REGULATIONS

The South Carolina High School League rules pertaining to soccer will govern play in this tournament, with the following exceptions:

1) All matches will be 70 minutes in duration (35 minutes per half).

2) Teams will be prepared to begin promptly at scheduled match times to prevent delays.

3) First round, Second round, Bracket Championship, Semi-final, and Final matches may not end in a tie. If tied at the end of regulation, they will proceed as follows:

a) All first and second round matches (includes every Thursday match, every Friday match, and all teams’ first Saturday match) will proceed directly to penalty kicks per SCHSL rules to determine a winner. There will be no overtime so as to keep matches running promptly.

b) Bracket championship matches (third round) also may not end in a tie (includes only the two teams remaining in each bracket who have not dropped to a consolation bracket due to a loss). These matches will also proceed directly to penalty kicks per SCHSL rules to determine a winner.

c) Only on Sunday (semi-finals and finals), an overtime of two five-minute periods will be employed. A coin toss will determine which ends are defended. If the overtime extends to the second five minutes, the teams will switch goals. Overtime will be sudden death or “golden goal.” The first team to score will be declared the winner and the match will immediately end.

d) Semi-final and final teams that are tied after the two five-minute overtimes will proceed immediately to penalty kicks per SCHSL rules to determine a winner.

4) All third round consolation bracket matches (all teams’ second Saturday match excluding those playing in bracket championship matches) may end in a tie. There will be no overtime or penalty kicks after regulation in third round consolation bracket matches. These matches, if tied at the end of regulation, will be scored as a tie.

5) Any player disqualified from a match will miss the next game. Any player disqualified for excessively violent or unsportsmanlike conduct may, at the discretion of tournament officials, be disqualified for the remainder of the Cup.

6) All four bracket champions will advance to the semi-finals on Sunday morning. For pairings, match times, and locations, see the upper right corner of each bracket. Semi-final winners will advance to the Taco Bell Viking Cup championship match on Sunday afternoon (see brackets for information).

7) Home teams (top of bracket) will wear white or light uniforms. Visiting teams (bottom of bracket) will wear dark uniforms.

8) Declaring a champion in the event of severe weather (or other necessary) cancellations:

a) If cancellations of matches prevented an overly large number of bracket matches from being completed (discretion would lie with tournament committee), no champion would be declared.

b) If bracket play is completed but Sunday play is cancelled, a champion would be declared from among the four bracket champions. Placement would be determined on a point system. Points would be awarded as follows – one point for each victory achieved by a team you have defeated in bracket play (i.e., reward for strength of opponents); one point for each shutout your team has won; and one point deducted for each match won via penalty kicks.

c) If required, goal differential would be used to determine the champion from among teams tied in the above points system. Finally, goals allowed would be the final tie-breaker.

World Cup
World Cup
You just got Heised (patent pending)! That's when he drops the info on ya or keeps you from spreading info across too many threads (guilty!). There are rumors that once, back in 1987, he was actually asked a question concerning soccer...and didn't know the answer. "Never again" he said to his brother. "Never again..."

S
coach
coach
S
Quote:

Quote:

Pardon me! Next time I will just scan and post my 1 & 1/2 pages of notes so I don't miss anything.

Here you go everyone, the skinny on the phantom offsides calls against South Aiken:

"SA#10 to #14 poor offsides call"

&

"another poor offsides call against SA"

Happy?

Let me get this straight -- you're unhappy about the coverage you received from Jack? How would you feel if he only caught the last 20 minutes of your game during which most of the time you'd emptied your bench?

Wow...you South Aiken people sure are spoiled! [<-- Note: I'm really, really just kidding.]

J
world cup
world cup
J
Your consolation is that your team made it to the VC final, but will actually have a shot at winning state.

World Cup
World Cup
Quote:

Let me get this straight -- you're unhappy about the coverage you received from Jack? How would you feel if he only caught the last 20 minutes of your game during which most of the time you'd emptied your bench?

Wow...you South Aiken people sure are spoiled! [<-- Note: I'm really, really just kidding.]

It's about time the two of us rise up against his communist reporting so the real facts can come out! You do the research and make the eloquent and well thought out responses, I'll badger him with more useless post than he can handle!

world cup
world cup
Any comments on some of the coverage by The State? I woke up Saturday morning, got the paper down in the hotel lobby and read "Dewey Defeats Truman".

Goal
Goal
Very good final yesterday. Wando appears loaded once again. Lexington's Campbell is the real deal and USC is fortunate to have gained her services. I read The State newspaper's article this morning and their coverage over the weekend and thought they did a good job.

50th for a reason!
S
coach
coach
S
Hurst66:

Sunday and Saturday coverage, respectively.

http://www.thestate.com/preps/story/327121.html

http://www.thestate.com/preps/story/326123.html

I was surprised that no one else posted the links; when poor gunner04 earlier in the week rose tepidly to the defense of "The State" by simply noting that (to paraphrase) you might catch more flies with honey than vinegar, he was smacked down hard (when I saw the MLK reference, I thought that the Nazi/French sympathizer comparison was next!)

S
coach
coach
S
Quote:

Your consolation is that your team made it to the VC final, but will actually have a shot at winning state.

Jack -- I appreciate all that you did throughout the Viking Cup (and beyond) -- but had to tweak you after "Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter." -MLK Jr.- -- it was just too easy!

I personally think that the upstate papers do about 1000 times a better job of covering club and high school soccer than does "The State." And I think that "The State" will eventually get that they have to increase their focus on youth soccer since it has so many players and participants and alternative media (such as SCSoccer.com) increasingly gains a foothold and people look to newspapers for a stronger focus on their own lives.

But I really did think that you guys overreacted just a tiny bit to what gunner04 was saying -- which was just that there might be better ways to get coverage than being critical.

By the way -- I actually try to post a lot more about other teams than "my team" -- it's too easy to get caught up in cheerleading for what you know best.

J
world cup
world cup
J
Quote:

But I really did think that you guys overreacted just a tiny bit to what gunner04 was saying -- which was just that there might be better ways to get coverage than being critical.

Fair enough on the overreaction(quoting MLK was a bit melodramatic). But I still cannot blame coaches for their frustration with the media. I think things are on the upswing though and that is something I think we're all happy about.

J
world cup
world cup
J
I blame W&E.

world cup
world cup
Thanks for the links Chico.....good coverage.

Scary to see that both Wando and Lex are already in late-season form.

Who was named the Ashley Dent Memorial MVP?

J
world cup
world cup
J
Shawn Haviland, forward, Wando High School

All tourney team will be released sometime today.

S
coach
coach
S
I actually love the quote and appreciate anything that raises the level of discourse above "my [favorite team/player] is better than your [favorite team/player] because you suck"!

And I think it's fair to say that while the first Timothy 6:10 is accurate, W&E runs a close second.

S
coach
coach
S
Hurst66: Respectfully, I don't think that Lexington is in late-season form -- at least I hope that they aren't. I thought that Wando had the better of play for much of the game. Wando was much more physical than Lexington and won many more 50/50 balls. Wando played simply and straightforwardly and focused on balls to feet where Lexington often did not. In the end, I thought Wando just played together better and wanted it more.

I thought that Lexington had significant breakdowns in play that showed up throughout the tournament. I actually was (and am) amazed that they got to the finals -- it speaks well to the coaching job done at Lexington -- because this is a vastly different team than last year because of the loss of so many talented seniors. I think the team is still learning to play together. There's a lot of potential; but there's a lot of work and growth to do to reach that potential.

World Cup
World Cup
"For the love of money is a root of all sorts of evil, and some by longing for it have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs."

I'm confused!

S
coach
coach
S
The love of money is the root of all evil -- so W&E runs a close second means he's second only to the love of money in terms of being the root of all evil.

Sorry for the obtuseness on my part...and worse, sorry for the obvious terrible attempt at a joke!

P.S. Dude -- using these new-fangled Bibles proves to me that you weren't reared a strict Southern Baptist! King James is the only way to go -- "For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows."

J
world cup
world cup
J
100% Papist

World Cup
World Cup
I use "The Message" now to the fury and anger of my parents.

Good joke, poor interpretation from a sleep deprived Coach!

World Cup
World Cup

hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

Sunday and Saturday coverage, respectively.

http://www.thestate.com/preps/story/327121.html

http://www.thestate.com/preps/story/326123.html

How about this one from Saturday morning's The State about Friday night's Dutch Fork-Byrnes game:

http://www.thestate.com/preps/story/325224.html

Byrnes actually won 1-0 in regulation. I wonder which match Devlin was watching.

-
kick off
kick off
-
Quote:

Chico,
Sorry for the long post, but I was bothered by the comments of truefan and the dash and I wanted to respond positively for both teams in that match.

i dont know what i said to piss you off all i did was say who scored and assisted & said your keep did a good job. i didnt go into detail about how many corners lex had that hanna didnt & all of that but it was a pretty big difference. also if i remember right kira caused all the corners she then got the assists on at hannah (2) & chapin (1). your #5 had a big leg but couldnt get through the lex d but looked like your best player other than your keep. and i didnt say anything about the stuff at the end

-
kick off
kick off
-
how many goals & assists did lex's kira campbell end up with? how about jessica marshal?

kiras goal against 3 + keep on wando was sick!

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard