Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 15 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15
goal kick
goal kick
Any big "Shockers" in this Tournament? I know there were many upsets but did any teams really surprise you? (Good/Bad)

World Cup
World Cup
Byrnes surprised me by winning out their group and doing it the hard way.

Fort Mill had a tough draw, but I thought they'd be one to at least nab a win. I'd imagine injuries played a part, and bet that they'll use this game as motivation and start a nice run.

world cup
world cup
Who determines that if a tournament game that ends in a draw.......and goes to PK's for the sake of determining which teams advances through, is recorded as a DRAW or a WIN/LOSS?

The SCHSL?
The Viking Cup Tournament Committee?
scsoccer.com?
W&E?

Last edited by Hurst66; 02/25/08 02:50 AM.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
goal kick
goal kick
I was surprised by Eastside and Dreher the most. Eastside was not their usual dominating force and Dreher stepped it up this year.They should have a successful season.

World Cup
World Cup
Quote:

Who determines that if a tournament game that ends in a draw.......and goes to PK's for the sake of determining which teams advances through, is recorded as a DRAW or a WIN/LOSS?

The SCHSL?
scsoccer.com?
W&E?

The tournament. You're knee deep in Fort Mill's workings so get yourself a copy of the tournament rules and you'll find it.

world cup
world cup
The tournament also said that you don't go to PK's in the third round consolation games....but that didn't seem to keep some teams from lining up after regulation and trying them anyway.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
World Cup
World Cup
Nothing wrong with a little make believe

I'll take 1-1-1 after the draw we had this year, geeeez.

world cup
world cup
Your team played well.

Congratulations.

I felt that Wren, TL Hanna, South Aiken and Aiken all had good showings. The stock on all four of those teams has risen.

World Cup
World Cup
Going up 5-1 on Eastside was scary good for TLH. That coach has the biggest head now that I've seen this side of the Savannah...

World Cup
World Cup
Quote:

The SCHSL?
scsoccer.com?
W&E?

THE TACO BELL VIKING CUP TOURNAMENT RULES AND REGULATIONS

The South Carolina High School League rules pertaining to soccer will govern play in this tournament, with the following exceptions:

1) All matches will be 70 minutes in duration (35 minutes per half).

2) Teams will be prepared to begin promptly at scheduled match times to prevent delays.

3) First round, Second round, Bracket Championship, Semi-final, and Final matches may not end in a tie. If tied at the end of regulation, they will proceed as follows:

a) All first and second round matches (includes every Thursday match, every Friday match, and all teams’ first Saturday match) will proceed directly to penalty kicks per SCHSL rules to determine a winner. There will be no overtime so as to keep matches running promptly.

b) Bracket championship matches (third round) also may not end in a tie (includes only the two teams remaining in each bracket who have not dropped to a consolation bracket due to a loss). These matches will also proceed directly to penalty kicks per SCHSL rules to determine a winner.

c) Only on Sunday (semi-finals and finals), an overtime of two five-minute periods will be employed. A coin toss will determine which ends are defended. If the overtime extends to the second five minutes, the teams will switch goals. Overtime will be sudden death or “golden goal.” The first team to score will be declared the winner and the match will immediately end.

d) Semi-final and final teams that are tied after the two five-minute overtimes will proceed immediately to penalty kicks per SCHSL rules to determine a winner.

4) All third round consolation bracket matches (all teams’ second Saturday match excluding those playing in bracket championship matches) may end in a tie. There will be no overtime or penalty kicks after regulation in third round consolation bracket matches. These matches, if tied at the end of regulation, will be scored as a tie.

5) Any player disqualified from a match will miss the next game. Any player disqualified for excessively violent or unsportsmanlike conduct may, at the discretion of tournament officials, be disqualified for the remainder of the Cup.

6) All four bracket champions will advance to the semi-finals on Sunday morning. For pairings, match times, and locations, see the upper right corner of each bracket. Semi-final winners will advance to the Taco Bell Viking Cup championship match on Sunday afternoon (see brackets for information).

7) Home teams (top of bracket) will wear white or light uniforms. Visiting teams (bottom of bracket) will wear dark uniforms.

8) Declaring a champion in the event of severe weather (or other necessary) cancellations:

a) If cancellations of matches prevented an overly large number of bracket matches from being completed (discretion would lie with tournament committee), no champion would be declared.

b) If bracket play is completed but Sunday play is cancelled, a champion would be declared from among the four bracket champions. Placement would be determined on a point system. Points would be awarded as follows – one point for each victory achieved by a team you have defeated in bracket play (i.e., reward for strength of opponents); one point for each shutout your team has won; and one point deducted for each match won via penalty kicks.

c) If required, goal differential would be used to determine the champion from among teams tied in the above points system. Finally, goals allowed would be the final tie-breaker.

Page 12 of 15 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard