Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
bench
OP Offline
bench
S
ok, not trying to spread gossip here but people are talking. does anybody know whats up with bridge for next year? im hearing to much from too many. theres got to be something to it. are they still doing the academy next year?

J
bench
bench
J
Yes you are

S
bench
OP Offline
bench
S
95% of all discussions on this board IS rumors Sparky. i'm just trying to see what other people have been discussing so we can make plans accordingly.

kick off
kick off
Sock monkey is asking a legitimate question that is being asked by every soccer parent we see.
Rumors are being spread, changes are in the works, actual decisions have not been made and/or announced.
The players/parents this affects want the answers before the tryout process begins. More than one club wants the players from BFA and there are decisions/plans to be made.

This board will be helpful in getting the info when it is decided. Let's keep the discussion going with questions and facts as they come out and leave out the my club vs yours, etc in this thread. Start another thread for that if you must.

S
bench
OP Offline
bench
S
i know asking for "the facts" is far fetched in this forum, clubs want to protect their interests i understand. it would be nice to see what IS going on without the rumor part. i guess if you are speculating it is best not to say what you THINK is happening in this forum. if you do know something it would be nice for someone to come out on the record, parents will respect the club more for being straightforward.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
I don't think you are going to get the answers you want this way..Just alot of opinions..Most clubs have their tryouts the same week so I feel when tryout time comes in May you should have a clearer picture of what's going on..My advice...tryout EVERYWHERE..and take your best option

M
bench
bench
M
It seems to me that all the existing teams at the Bridge will continue to move forward next year. Especially on the girls side. The 92 and 93 teams are the current state champions and will be competing at premier levels for years to come. What club can attract these players back. NONE! Especially in the lowcountry. If you are looking for the best option for you kids? Trying looking for the direction the trainers will be going. At the challenge level, no other club really offers a "true" competitive option. Not SSC, MPSC, CUSC(if it still exist), Blue Crab(Daniel Island Soccer) or any others. I agree with coldhardtruth. Do what's best for your kid and be satisfied with progress they make.

kick off
kick off
Quote:

..My advice...tryout EVERYWHERE..and take your best option

CHT, good advice, but exactly what I'm trying to avoid.

Mainly, because of the pressure and guilt each club puts on the player to be at their tryout and not attend other tryouts.

We get past the mind games, then there is the time issue...BFA, MPSC, CUSC, SSC,and Daniel Island SA. Five clubs in one week???? Crazy.

Then there is the $ issue...$25 - $35 a pop at each club.

Add in the mix of tryouts outside the area, CESA, CUFC, etc because once again "who knows" if the option you choose will actually field a team. Last year, quite a few players were burned on not having a team they commited to.

Maybe January discussion on May issues is a little early. This is discussion and opinions, but any narrowing down of the options before tryouts would be helpful.

kick off
kick off
Here is another key factor of the tryout process do you know before hand who is it that your child will be playing for where ever they choose to play BFA MPSC SSC DISA CUSC because we get hung up on the name of a club and not on what is best for our kids.

Not meaning to start anything just what i have observed first hand.

kick off
kick off
Quote:

Here is another key factor of the tryout process do you know before hand who is it that your child will be playing for where ever they choose to play BFA MPSC SSC DISA CUSC because we get hung up on the name of a club and not on what is best for our kids.

Could you rephrase the question? I'm not sure what you are asking.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard