Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
kick off
kick off
Quote:

Quote:

Here is another key factor of the tryout process do you know before hand who is it that your child will be playing for where ever they choose to play BFA MPSC SSC DISA CUSC because we get hung up on the name of a club and not on what is best for our kids.

Could you rephrase the question? I'm not sure what you are asking.

Not a question more of an observation that we sometimes "force" our children to play for "A" instead of "B" because of name and we shell out major bucks and the coaching is not up to par in some cases.

Just saying to take a look at this as well when choosing where to play.

kick off
kick off
Quote:

It seems to me that all the existing teams at the Bridge will continue to move forward next year. Especially on the girls side. The 92 and 93 teams are the current state champions and will be competing at premier levels for years to come. What club can attract these players back. NONE! Especially in the lowcountry. If you are looking for the best option for you kids? Trying looking for the direction the trainers will be going. At the challenge level, no other club really offers a "true" competitive option. Not SSC, MPSC, CUSC(if it still exist), Blue Crab(Daniel Island Soccer) or any others. I agree with coldhardtruth. Do what's best for your kid and be satisfied with progress they make.

I agree. BFA has done the best job at the challenge level in the lowcountry. HOWEVER..... BFA HAS NO FIELDS OF ITS OWN. What will BFA do if not associated with SSC? The players currently have the use of SSC and JIYSA and even then, sometimes all they get is a sideline to practice in. Or if they are lucky, they have a coach that has access to another field.
Maybe we need to quit looking for clubs to merge and BFA should secure its own facilities.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Not having clubs to associate itself with kind of takes away from the name. Alliance..Don't you think?
Their own facilities would be a plus.. but costly

kick off
kick off
There's still the Alliance of players. I have no idea how the $ works, but I would guess BFA pays SSC and JIYSA for the use of their fields???? If so, maybe that $ is better spent to own than rent? If you own your own fields, you are not at the mercy of other area clubs and their field owners. MPSC has town ties and it is unlikely the Town of Mt P would pull fields from them. Just a thought.

J
bench
bench
J
BFA does pay $$ for the use of SSC and JIYSC. Do you have some land for sale cheap?

L
corner kick
corner kick
L
All the talk about what CUFC has done in 2 years post merger, I would say that Bridge FA has done more. They have managed to go from parades, group hugs, and "national championships" to nearing a total collapse. so what was the academy for them - bankruptcy?

And just what has cufc accomplished that csc / necsa didn't? i will give you more of a presence in the premier league, quantitatively. i'll even give you the post-academy premier league title. anything else?

S
throw in
throw in
S
From an ex- gung ho parent/director/manager -
I have said for years that Battery needs to be the single driving force behind a true Lowcountry club. The arguement about hurting ticket sales really doesn't hold water.

Fields are the most important element of all. Coaches with no where to practice are a waste.

G
throw in
throw in
G
wanna play: What does it cost to rent a field in the low part of the state, and what terms? i ask because maintaining fields if done 'in-house' can be pretty expensive in terms of taking a toll on volunteers or in real costs. out-sourcing that responsibility or renting from another club or local govt. might allow BFA focus on deliverying soccer services.

S
bench
OP Offline
bench
S
okay from what i can gather on this board and through other powers that be, if Bridge can find fields to practice on they may still be in existence next year, right?

so why is everyone distancing themselves from this club this year and why have they lost support in the lowcountry?

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard