hat-trick
C
Good one!!

B
goal
goal
B
Quote:

The point that I am trying to make is that it is alot easier to make a challenge team when we have 25 or 30 players trying out..Go to Greenville and some age groups they have at least three or possibly four teams at one age..That's alot of players to beat out of sixteen spots..

There are other differences with going and trying out in Greenville. When you try out in Greenville, you are trying out to play for the "club", not a particular team. Typically, the 3 or 4 teams are Premier, Challenge, and Classic. So if you're going to Greenville satisfied to play challenge soccer, remove 16 players (Premier team) from your thought process, and you only have to be within the range of 17 to 32 to play on a "Challenge" team.

Quote:

What I am saying is sometimes small has it's advantages for some players..You get the training but don't have to beat out 50 or 60 players

You have to evaluate the training, and as many have pointed out previously, often times the trainer isn't advertised for particular age groups until late in the process. But again, I think there is much more to it than just "the training".

Evaluate the options, apples to apples, make your choice, and above all, be satisfied with the decision you reach, until it's time to re-evaluate.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Bear,
Since you are a commuting parent maybe you can answer this..
How many players traveling from Charleston play on the Challenge team in Greenville compared to the Premier teams?

S
coach
coach
S
Coach Chass: I think we absolutely agree that any form of limiting choice is to be avoided. I don't believe clubs should be forced to merge and can understand why people would resist that. At the same time, I can understand why players who are denied the choice of more competitive you soccer would be frustrated. The answer, it seems to me, is to find ways to make Bridge more attractive (I've said this before, in the same form of discussion.)

coldhardtruth: I don't know of any kids playing on a "C" team at CESA that travel 50, 100, or more to do so. I do know of five or more cases in which players travel those distances to play on the "B" team. I even know of this when the "B" team isn't playing RIIIPL-East, so I would imagine that training (both from trainers and working with very talented player pools) plays a part as well.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Thanks Chico..

B
goal
goal
B
CHT,
I honestly don't know. I can't even tell you the number of players commuting from Charleston, accurately.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Thanks anyway..

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
hey coach,
check your pm

S
throw in
throw in
S
From an ex- gung ho parent/director/manager -
I have said for years that Battery needs to be the single driving force behind a true Lowcountry club. The arguement about hurting ticket sales really doesn't hold water.

world cup
world cup
swimmer,

Good to see you back in the pool.

I think the Charlotte Eagles got out of the club youth soccer business for the very reason you state. They needed to get chummy with all the Charlotte-area clubs, rather than compete against them (for players, for "wins", for resources). You don't think it can hurt the gate?

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard