Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#9306 03/06/03 01:50 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You guys who have not received your ref training and certification should give it a try. It is fun and challenging, even with all the excessive behavior of coaches and parents. The majority of the players are respectful of calls and just want to play soccer. As far as physical play goes......you can tell a big difference in the physical play of players who play club ball and those that play football, rec ball or other sports in the fall. Those that don't play a higher level of ball in the fall lack the skills and abilities to avoid a stupid foul or dangerous play. They lack the coordination that comes from year round soccer. Those players become frustrated and resort to wild, physical play. Refs should always allow good physical play as long as the players' safety and protection is the major consideration. Coaches and parents are the problem! They want to see very physical play at all times. Just listen to the way they yell and scream at their kids! It then becomes the Ref's responsibility to watch out for the safety of the kids. Just let the game be played as it was always intended to be played....with emphasis on exceptional skills, tactics and strategy. And let the Refs call the game as best as he/she can.

#9307 03/06/03 02:51 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HEY FOLEY!!!!!!!

Not that bad just incredibly SLOW!!!!! Plus an easy wasy to make money for the weekend and for a car!!!! Let us know when you arrive!!!! Good luck w/ palmetto hs you are sure going to need it!!!! HA HA

PS Nicky Butt raped that guy in the box!!!! My Magpies just couldn't grab the points to keep up with scumchester!!!!1

#9308 03/07/03 05:19 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Shearer - your team ever played any games in the Beaufort/Hilton Head area? If so you have probably had one ref. Wanna talk slow? The man has an artificial leg! There is no way this man should be calling high school ball. (Gaucho - you'll probably see him for all three of your trips down there - BA, HHP, HHC)

Oh yeah...any of you that may have him for a match, watch what you say, he's REAL sensitive about it. Didn't appreciate one bit me pointing it out to him. *grin*

#9309 03/06/03 08:23 PM
goal
goal
thats one thing alright, I haven't ever seen pushy parents screaming at their kids yet!! As for palmetto, they are doing VERY well this year and just need a bit of tightening up here and there.

Sine
Af

PS - Nicky Butt kicking Viduka in his jolly ranchers is one thing, United do FAR worse every year...and as long as its in Old Trafford they get away with it.....but it keeps the pressure on those French muppets Arsenal so I don't care!!

#9310 03/06/03 08:37 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So far the refs this year have been horrible. At the airport tournament the refs were the worst ever. Especially in the white knoll and airport game. The refs were crap

#9311 03/06/03 09:19 PM
B
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
B
For the information of a.foley#8 Zurich is in....
SWITZERLAND not Germany. Just in case anyone is trying to find FIFA HQ.

#9312 03/06/03 09:54 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bazza you beat me to it- i read that and was like woops, thats totally worng- I doubt it was on purpose, foley is smart- as for physical soccer, im all for it- I led the team in fouls, yet never got thrown out a game- 4 years and onyl 5 yellows- the game is physical- you assert physical dominance, you give yourself a huge boost!

#9313 03/07/03 12:12 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I totally agree with you shearer the refs in South Carolina are awful! If the ball was on one side and goes to the other side of the half they will just stand there and make calls that are virtually impossible to see from 45 yards away. Also I don't think any of them know what offsides is. And for the physical play I don't mind that but when my school tends to play better ones and if I score they will follow me until they get a good piece of my ankle or leg. I think the most important thing though that does not need to slide is bad sportsmanship. I know my team isn't the greatest and when your already beating us 10-0 and you still try to see how high you can go is wrong. The worst ever though is the Hartsville game we were getting beat pretty badly which isn't unusual but the fact that they had a fan with an electronic megaphone yelling things at us ridiculing, and embarrasing us at least call or send this person of for something it was ridiculus and personally if that kid is still screaming things from it I will turn around and bury a soccer ball in his face.

#9314 03/07/03 02:33 PM
goal
goal
ok, you got me...Zurich is obviously in Switzerland, I had started writing Frankfurt Germany as FIFA then I remembered it was Zurich, but the fact that Zurich is in Switzerland appears to have escaped me!!!

Af

#9315 03/07/03 07:39 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a player AND a referee I see a lot of problems in officiating, and I'm not excluding myself. Referees are to caught up on stopping disent. A ref would rather give a yellow for someone saying "thats a terrible call" than for someone wacking a player from behind. Refs need to start worrying about tactical and intentional fouls and not what the players think and say about them.
Just some frienly advice for officials because SC high school games seem to be more about who can beat the other team around than skill.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard