Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 23 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 22 23
C
corner kick
corner kick
C
Aren't there 8 grass fields at Manchester????

If anything, the DSC people should be yelled at for not allowing one of their own teams (which is the one they have apparently plastered all over their website).

"Boys, even if it means dying on the pitch, we must win!" Marc-Vivien Foe 1975 - 2003
F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
Coach Chass

Quote:

A coach can only work with 3 or fewer of his own athletes at a SCHOOL-sponsored practice during the closed season. He can coach a team clearly sponsored by an outside agency--a club, for example--as long as the outside team doesn't break the "75% rule." In other words, he can coach a number of his own players equal or less than 75% of the total starters for his sport. Soccer starts 11 players, so a HS coach can legally coach an outside team including up to 8 of his HS players....

Is this your interpretation or official interpretation???
the book states
"3. Other Regulations
a. Organized practice is defined as the gathering of a coach (es) and more than three athletes
in a given day for the purpose of teaching skills. It also includes the use of school facilities
by more than three students."

Nowhere does it say school sponsored and there were more than 3 in DSC team

And Gilbert was exactly the same thing, club team made up of mostly Lex HS players and 4 Gilbert players practicing at GHS...as told to me. So why the difference???

Last edited by futbol(soccer); 01/31/08 09:05 PM.
goal
goal
I'm back BABY!!! Stroker your never GOING TO UPSTAGE ME!!!

A SHARK ATE ME YES THEY DESERVE TO DIE AND I HOPE THEY BURN IN HELL
goal
goal
Who is this guy Jerome that you mentioned???

A SHARK ATE ME YES THEY DESERVE TO DIE AND I HOPE THEY BURN IN HELL
L
corner kick
corner kick
L
so now you want the spirit of the rule to be interpreted and applied. two years ago, when you filed an appeal during club, you wanted the letter of rule to be applied. which is it? you only want what is good for your team. there is no difference between what your team has done here and what gilbert did. go and read the gilbert thread in the girls forum. so, why should your team not be held accountable? oh, because the rules are not fair. right. well, that may be the case. this particular rule doesn't seem practical or applicable. however, it is currently the rule. furthermore, i don't remember seeing you guys defending gilbert girls.

coach
coach
Samuel L,
Hollywood? Seriously? Is that Hollywood, SC?
Your life must be just one Bad movie.

Last edited by 2004striker; 01/31/08 09:24 PM.
F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
By the way,

"3. Other Regulations
a. Organized practice is defined as the gathering of a coach (es) and more than three athletes
in a given day for the purpose of teaching skills. It also includes the use of school facilities
by more than three students"

Does this also mean that 5 HS players getting to gether for a pick up game at the field of a school in the district are violating the rule???

How does the student know this?

Also what if it is 8 incoming freshmen?

And since last time I check the SCHSL did not pay the taxes for the fields in MY SCHOOL DISTRICT. WHO ARE THEY to tell me when and where I can use MY facility?

goal
goal
Quote:

so now you want the spirit of the rule to be interpreted and applied. two years ago, when you filed an appeal during club, you wanted the letter of rule to be applied. which is it? you only want what is good for your team. there is no difference between what your team has done here and what gilbert did. go and read the gilbert thread in the girls forum. so, why should your team not be held accountable? oh, because the rules are not fair. right. well, that may be the case. this particular rule doesn't seem practical or applicable. however, it is currently the rule. furthermore, i don't remember seeing you guys defending gilbert girls.

The reason nobody is defending Gilbert girls is because it is a lower class girls team. I know this sounds horrible and I personally don't think it is right but this is just the way society is. With Northwestern, you have one of the best teams in 4A over the last 5 years and a legitimate contender for the 4A title every year.

Regardless, this rule is bollocks!

coach
coach
That is crabola. If its the same kind of situation, it does not matter the level or gender.

goal
goal
I agree that it is "crabola". But do you have a guess as for why the treatment was different if these indeed are the same cases?

I do not agree with it but that is my answer/opinion on why Gilbert was punished and why Northwestern wasn't.

Last edited by The Real Henry; 01/31/08 10:39 PM.
Page 7 of 23 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 22 23

Link Copied to Clipboard