Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 23 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 22 23
W
goal kick
goal kick
W
had i known about the gilbert girls i would have defended them. someone up above said good for goose...gander. only problem is, gilbert court screwed them and didnt screw nhs. the rule is stupid, i think we all agree on that. what difference does it make where the location of the practice is? did nhs gain any advantage over practicing at nhs instead of at cherry park or manchester? dont thunk so. let em play. what kid at nhs or gilbert for that matter committed a crime to deserve not being able to compete? i player could actually be accused of a serious crime and still play a sport according to schsl rules cause there aint one. stupid stupid stupid....

coach
coach
You are right that the Bigtime soccer program gets away with it and the little guy is penalized cause nobody really cares. Can you imagine what NW would have done had the penalty been enforced?? They would be in court now, pleading their case of stupidity for not knowing the rule. It does not matter that everyone may think that the rule is stupid. It matters that there a rule. I don't like it that I get stopped everytime I do 70 in a 25 mph zone, but it happens everytime.
If anybody needs a chance to play soccer this spring, its the Gilbert Girls. Go Indians !!

Last edited by 2004striker; 01/31/08 10:57 PM.
T
goal kick
goal kick
T
Quote:

so now you want the spirit of the rule to be interpreted and applied. two years ago, when you filed an appeal during club, you wanted the letter of rule to be applied. which is it? you only want what is good for your team. there is no difference between what your team has done here and what gilbert did. go and read the gilbert thread in the girls forum. so, why should your team not be held accountable? oh, because the rules are not fair. right. well, that may be the case. this particular rule doesn't seem practical or applicable. however, it is currently the rule. furthermore, i don't remember seeing you guys defending gilbert girls.

I haven't a clue as to what you are referring to...my son doesn't play for Northwestern...but he would have been ruled ineligible...didn't train with his high school coach in the fall nor did he play for his high school coach in the fall...how fair is that??

As far as the Gilbert Girls...haven't a clue about that, either. But if they were punished or ruled ineligible, then it's a complete travisty. Who loses in the end? The players.

What good does it do anyone for a complete season of soccer not to happen?

-Attitude reflects leadership-
C
Coach
Coach
C
Quote:

Coach Chass

Quote:

A coach can only work with 3 or fewer of his own athletes at a SCHOOL-sponsored practice during the closed season. He can coach a team clearly sponsored by an outside agency--a club, for example--as long as the outside team doesn't break the "75% rule." In other words, he can coach a number of his own players equal or less than 75% of the total starters for his sport. Soccer starts 11 players, so a HS coach can legally coach an outside team including up to 8 of his HS players....

Is this your interpretation or official interpretation???
the book states
"3. Other Regulations
a. Organized practice is defined as the gathering of a coach (es) and more than three athletes
in a given day for the purpose of teaching skills. It also includes the use of school facilities
by more than three students."

Nowhere does it say school sponsored and there were more than 3 in DSC team

Futbol,

Read a little farther down the page...after the "a" there's also a "b"-"e"...I'm referring specifically to "c."

c. School facilities may not be used after school hours during closed season by students of a
school except if they are members of an outside team clearly sponsored by an outside
agency. If an outside team uses school facilities during a closed season, no coach
(including volunteer coaches) from that school or its feeder school may be associated with
that outside team. Coaching outside teams during a closed season is permissible provided
school facilities, including those of feeder schools, are not used and the 75% rule is not
violated. (Refer to A-26 for details on the 75% rule.) Beginning March 25, a coach may
coach an outside team and use school facilities.

I've got good news and bad news...
C
Coach
Coach
C
So, the numbers rule (which does make practical sense) was NOT violated, but the location rule (which, if it makes practical sense, I'd love to have the logic explained to me) was.

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
Coach Chass

Based on my reading NW violated

Rule A-1 coaching more than 3 players.
Rule A-2 more than 3 players in a school facility
Rule C-1 Practice on school grounds with coaches from the school during closed season
Rule C-2 practice on school grounds or feeder schools

They did not violate the 75% rule

So if they got a pass on C-2 what about the others. An I can tell you that many 4A schools would fail A-1 and 2

C
Coach
Coach
C
That about sums it up...I think the thing that most people find unfair about the rule is that if they had done exactly the same thing with exactly the same people anywhere BUT on school property, they would have been fine. Move a couple of goals to a vacant lot across the street, and no rules violation.

So...people who have local clubs with their own facilities are not penalized...people who have local clubs with no place to practice but to share school-owned facilities are.

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
I haven't read all the posts about this topic, so don't know if someone has mention this, but why does soccer seem to get no breaks. baseball teams use high school fields for out of season. basketball uses gyms for aau so why do we have all this rules for soccer. i don't like the rule that we have to wait till the end of jan. to begin training with a ball. american football is allowed spring practice. no wonder we can't win consistantly against the world powers. american soccer has to much politics mix in that hinders us from success.

S
corner kick
corner kick
S
Aren't you lads glad I haven't put my two cents in yet.. I don't think there is enough room on this board for it.

C
Coach
Coach
C
Quote:

I haven't read all the posts about this topic, so don't know if someone has mention this, but why does soccer seem to get no breaks. baseball teams use high school fields for out of season. basketball uses gyms for aau so why do we have all this rules for soccer. i don't like the rule that we have to wait till the end of jan. to begin training with a ball. american football is allowed spring practice. no wonder we can't win consistantly against the world powers. american soccer has to much politics mix in that hinders us from success.

Actually, soccer (along with the other spring sports) has an open season for practice June 1-July 31, so legally we do have a "spring practice" season...problem for a lot of us is that we can't take advantage of it because football is using every square inch of grass available during the same time period.

Page 8 of 23 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 22 23

Link Copied to Clipboard