Page 9 of 23 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 22 23
L
corner kick
corner kick
L
very interesting how dutch fork coach handled this type of thing

World Cup
World Cup
A head football coach would not have done the same in an attempt to save the school. Hat tip to Wayne for laying on the chopping block to save the Silver Foxes.

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
So the plot thickens

Gilbert is banned because coach held club practice on school property with 3 or 4 players from Gilber along with 13 from Lexington. Appealed appears to have been denied

Dutch Fork Coach Quinlan has to resign in order to save the program because assistant held practice with 4 DF players a week ago. Appeal not known, per The State only the fine was imposed

Nothwestern coeach Wren holds a club practice that includes 6-7 player from NHS on school property and were banned. Appeal results in lifting of the ban...no penalties?? Mike Bassett can you illuminate some? I know that Northwestern/discoveries have a lawyer in house as one of the parents. Would they be interested in taking on the SCHSL for all?

Where is the equity of the decision?

Also from the sound of things t would appear that the rules are not known by all. We know from this site that there are clinics in January and you might have "excused" the Gilbert program, but Coach Quinlan is very involved in the system yet he had to admit making a mistake in interpretation. Sounds like if you have to interpret anything, you have a meaningless document.

throw in
throw in
I dunno about you guys but it sounds to me like the HSL may have a title 9 suit on their hands, equal opportunity for both genders. If the league had both teams violate the same league rules but allows the boys to play on and not allow the girls to do the same, then that is a violation of title 9. Am I wrong on this?

Last edited by danny_j_t; 02/01/08 02:11 PM.
coach
coach
I hope it is.

Brace
Brace
From what I've heard, the HSL doesn't want to take on anyone in court because they have lost the last few times.

These antiquated rules were implemented years ago with the intention of keeping kids playing multi-sports and not specializing in a certain sport (i.e. - AAU basketball, Summer/Fall Travel Baseball, Club Soccer, Club Volleyball, etc.)

Whole thing stinks IMO!

Hurst66 Offline OP
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
Kudos to Coach Quinlan for falling on his sword.

Would it be ironic if the assistant coach, who actually ran the illegal practice, becomes Wayne's successor? Who will lead the Silver Foxes?

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
Goal
Goal
The High School League is a joke. It always has been a joke and anyone who has worked with them or attended any of their proceedings knows they are a joke. It's actually a comical experience to attend the rules meetings because they are so out of tune with what reality is that it borders on lunacy. I pray to God that someone who isn't a meemur comes in to replace a guy who asked the question why some of the soccer records included TIES from the previous season. I hope they get a law suit slapped on them. It would only be fitting.

Perennially 48th-50th in education FOR A REASON

L
corner kick
corner kick
L
maybe california got it right after all

World Cup
World Cup
The "ties" question was pretty funny at the clinic, SUAP

Page 9 of 23 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 22 23

Link Copied to Clipboard