Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 23 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 22 23
T
corner kick
corner kick
T
So-- If Wayne (or his assistant) had taken this same group of kids-- added up to 5 more who played varsity last year, and an unlimited number of kids who did not play VARSITY soccer the year before, lets just say 10 more, bringing the total to 16 kids that they are working with (Remember that ONLY 8 of the 16 played VARSITY HS soccer last year- They could very well have been Junior class students who played ONLY JV soccer the year before)and held the practice under a CLUB banner as a CLUB team (but not on school district property- unless you are NW) they would NOT have violated any HSL rules.

Tony King
Goal
Goal
Loc Dog why all the hate towards NW? Did they kick your puppy or something? Did you want that job or something before Dom got it? Just wondering why all your statements are short little quips intended to be defamatory towards NW. I'm sure anyone in that situation would pull every string, try every angle to get their kids and their coach eligible and, I can't blame them. Their a state championship-quality side and have been for the last half decade or so. It's the SCHSL that's poor, not NW.

coach
coach
Shutdown,
As usual you don't get it! It does not matter that NW is a quality side, if they violated a stated rule. And one reason people hate on NW is cause their fans are as obnoxious as you are.

L
corner kick
corner kick
L
Gilbert must not be a quality side. Dutch Fork is having a down year. This must be ok though since they are not championship quality sides

Its either that or its nice to have the proper contacts within the SCHSL.

Last edited by Lowerstate4A; 02/01/08 04:30 PM.
Goal
Goal
From the article:

“I’ve only had two yellow cards as a soccer coach,” he said. “The fact that I self-reported, and don’t have any history (of violations) meant nothing.”

Really? IMHO Mr. Singleton is an idiot! The group at the SCHSL have always done things bassackwards, but this takes the cake.

On another note, was a resignation even necessary? Why not just coach and have the team on probation? Big deal! It seems they had their shot last year. Will he back? DFHS has always been a soccer school so where are the parental voices? Where is the A.D. in these matters? Didn't DFHS get in trouble with girls soccer several years ago? Sounds like negligence towards the sport itself to me.

50th for a reason!
H
brace
brace
H
Quote:

Maybe we should all ask the commish directly....

As it is in their website under directory I have assumed that this info is public..

COMMISSIONER
Jerome Singleton
SCHSL Spartanburg High School PO Box 2109
Office: 803-798-0120

jsingle@schsl.org

is he the same guy that put rock hill and northwestern in different football conferences

goal
goal
2004striker, you sir are a joke. The kids should not be punished for something they have no control over. I doubt they know this rule so why should they be punished for it? If anything, the school should be fined more heavily.

I agree that it is completely wrong that Gilbert was punished and Northwestern wasn't but two wrong don't make a right. To say Northwestern should be put on probation "to make it fair" is rubbish. If you agree that this rule is awful, then you should be pleased that Northwestern wasn't put on probation, shouldn't you? I do not understand all this negativity towards Northwestern.

All of your negativity should be directed towards SCHSL, not the teams.

And as for the comment about Northwestern fans being obnoxious, speak for yourself!

Last edited by The Real Henry; 02/01/08 05:16 PM.
coach
coach
Thank you for your lovely comments O Henry.
And yes I did speak for myself.

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
Mr Henry... I think you should look at this issue from two sides.... I agree with your statement about that players and that SCHSL is the culprit... Now stand on Gilbert's side and ask what is the difference? Is there one? Then SCHSL should reverse their ruling and allow Gilbert to play in the postseason... if they make it.

L
corner kick
corner kick
L
The bottom line is that this is hs soccer, in a nutshell. All the talk about how great hs soccer is for the players, yada yada yada, and then something like this happens again. Are there beneficial aspects of hs soccer? Sure. But, the majority of these "benefits" can be characterized primarily as personal development, rather than player development. And that is where the schsl fits in.

At the end of the day, the schsl does not look out for the best interests of the players' development nor the game. Short-sighted governing, lack of facilities in terms of quality and quantity, lack of resources (again quality and quantity), poor officiating, red tape, politics, parents, etc etc. This won't be the last mistake, in part due to the items mentioned above, but also due to the lack of reform on the part of the coaches association. Could these issues should have been addressed long ago. Perhaps the focus will move from all-state players, nscaa all-american players, and coach of the year awards to soccer-specific reform.

As for this situation, the responsibility lies with the leader. At least somebody recognized that today.

Page 11 of 23 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 22 23

Link Copied to Clipboard