Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 16 of 23 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 22 23
C
corner kick
corner kick
C
Whoa. Why so angry at me? I didn't attack you, why do you feel the need to attempt to belittle me. I didn't even say that this other state had it right. I just wonder what other states do. I'm not sure how the suggestion (even though I was just stating what another state does) would kill HS soccer? Other than you would obviously be upset. Secondly, you don't even know me, so to assume that I even coach, let alone you know more about soccer than me... Calm down, I was just making a point of what another state does. I agree with you that the state rules are a bit assinine. But don't attack me.
I will however argue that the best coaches should coach the young ones. I would rather Anson Dorrence coach my 8 year old now and then see him again in college. Yes, technique is repetitive, but correct technique needs someone teaching it with an understanding of how and when to use that technique. If I may ask you without you getting angry, how do you teach a HS to receive a ball away from pressure? a simple technique that too often isn't taught correctly to 8 yr olds. they alway receive at pressure. And now, because they weren't taught the correct technique before it became muscle memory, you can't break it. To compare the US to Brazil is also a bit rediculus (common sense in my realm). 2 different cultures, 2 different types of soccer players. And once again, the best coaches (yourself included) would understand the idea of creative play and would incorporate it into an 8 yr old practice. You said that good technique just needs a ball and some cones, but that seems like a very American way to teach a soccer robot, not a creative Brazilian, dance with the ball player.

"Boys, even if it means dying on the pitch, we must win!" Marc-Vivien Foe 1975 - 2003
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
If what you're saying is true then all of the academy coaches at all the clubs should have an "A" liscense and all of the professional coaches around the world should only be required to have an "E" or equivalent. I suppose we should get coach Berson out there to run the YMCA rec leagues as well. Maybe he could train them all at once with a little "do this, do that" in a couple of lime green Score jerseys? Is it important that you have quality coaching at your academy level? ABSOLUTELY! Is it important that players progress into a more tactical understanding of the game while maintaining and improving their technical ability as they progress to 11-a-side matches? In my mind, that's a no brainer.

I'm not angry at you. I just don't think you really know what you're talking about. Plus, what you're advocating can negatively affect the jobs of many good coaches who do a great job with lots of age groups so I take offence when someone tries to put even more limitations on coaches. It's a labor of love. Don't make it a labor of hate.

Last edited by TugJobber; 02/05/08 12:32 AM.

Puttin A's on B's
Goal
Goal
Quote:

To compare the US to Brazil is also a bit rediculus (common sense in my realm). 2 different cultures, 2 different types of soccer players. And once again, the best coaches (yourself included) would understand the idea of creative play and would incorporate it into an 8 yr old practice. You said that good technique just needs a ball and some cones, but that seems like a very American way to teach a soccer robot, not a creative Brazilian, dance with the ball player.

Why couldn't you compare Brazil - America? They do it better, the best. We should follow suit and not just blame our culture or "soccer player" because we lack "a creative Brazilian, dance with the ball player" like you say. We should learn from them and try to emulate them.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
I hear you.. but the only way you are going to get our youth to play soocer in the streets is take away football, basketball, baseball, cub scouts and then Xbox and cell phones..Our country is not as passionate about one particular sport

corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

The Fan I have to say that I disagree with your statement, sorry.

That's okay...you have every right to be wrong LOL

Stewie- "Where did you graduate again, university of duhhhh?"
goal kick
goal kick
ain't that the truth. thats why soo many other nations are the leaders in international talent because of the commitment the country has to the beautiful game.

"THERE IS ONLY 1 RONALDO"
C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Brazilians play the game for the love of the game not for a chance to be it's country's star..It just works out that way because of their passion..In America we spends tons of money hoping our child will be the superstar but we lack the passion..We have the passion to win just not the passion for the game itself..

C
Coach
Coach
C
Well said...sometimes I think it's that passion for winning that actually stifles the passion for the game itself.

I've got good news and bad news...
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Getting back on topic...

Do you think in Brazil that they have idiotic laws like we have that make everything "equal"?

Puttin A's on B's
W
goal kick
goal kick
W
you are right and you have the same rights as i do, congratulations, maybe if you were involved with the program you would understand, but you aren't or you weren't so good for you

Page 16 of 23 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 22 23

Link Copied to Clipboard