Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
M
corner kick
corner kick
M
You never know. The second best goalie in the state might be on the bench behind the best goalie in the state. I give the kid a lot of credit for trying to make his dream come true. Good Luck.

Disclaimer: I have no idea who he is.

M
brace
brace
M
Agreed. If it weren't for his club experience and investment he wouldn't have the ability to promote such outstanding accomplishments. Tournaments and ODP are great for exposure, but as anyone who has had the opportunity to listen to collegiate coaches speak knows, every single one of them say they want as much information on a player as they can get. Resumes, videos, etc. are all welcome. Use of the web to reach coaches all over the country is not only smart, it's efficient for the player and the coaches who come across his posting.

Best of luck to you sir for having the confidence in yourself to reach for the next level in a professional and well organized manner.

Imagine. Believe. Achieve.
C
Brace
Brace
C
Post deleted by Coach J

Last edited by Coach J; 03/14/08 05:07 PM.
J
bench
bench
J
Ouch....that would hurt

Last edited by justwanttoplay; 03/14/08 04:25 PM.
S
throw in
throw in
S
While advertising one's self on a message board that few college coaches read is one way of getting the word out, the NUMBER ONE way of accomplishing your goal is to pick out the colleges you are interested in (being practical-DI and/or DII) and writing the coach an e-mail expressing interest and attaching a comprehensive bio to the e-mail.
If you wait to be recruited, in most cases it won't happen. Stay on the coaches as time passes, giving them updates on your performance. Also, be sure to attach a copy of your league and high school schedules. You will hear something early next fall when they are out beating the bushes for recruits.
Also, the higher your grades and SAT scores, the more looks you will get. They want to meet the academic expectations for their conference AND win games.
Good luck.

B
Brendan Offline OP
bench
OP Offline
bench
B
I appreciate all of these comments and have been in direct contact with many coaches across the country. As Manchester stated, marketing is good and the internet is efficient [I just took a marketing class at Wando - Ha!]. I pay for my training through part time work and Bridge Fa has been a great experience in the US Soccer Academy and all. But, no matter what club your on, a coach wants to here from you and about you. I am registered in the Clearinghouse, done the SATs, Giggs: I never said I'm looking for a full ride, I just want to play in college and I'm looking for the right opportunity.

Brendan

Last edited by Brendan; 03/19/08 11:56 PM.
M
brace
brace
M
Brendan, please come back to this thread and expand on your experience once you've made a decision about where you'll play so others can learn more about what works and doesn't work.

Best of luck to you.

Brace
Brace
Is this the same kid that quit at Wando?

If so, geesh! I would not want a quitter on my team. You can have all the club (pay to play) stats that you want, but if you cannot be the top keeper on your high school team, then you must not be as elite as you believe.

"I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles"
G
throw in
throw in
G
Brendan: No disrespect meant. I actually admire your dedication to the sport and your pursuit of your dream. I wish you good luck.

G
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
G

do yourself two favors

find a good trainer
find a school you like and then see if they have a soccer team. Do it the other way around and end up not playing, you'll hate college.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard