B
Brendan Offline OP
bench
OP Offline
bench
B
http://home.earthlink.net/~mshumberger/brendan_shumberger/index.html
Training Video with Dusty Hudock:
http://home.earthlink.net/~crs000wdw/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/shumberger.mp4
0.61 GAA since July 2007 (vs)
(0) 91 Georgia 2007 ODP Region Camp (Georgia)
(0) 91 Tennessee 2007 ODP Region Camp (Tennessee)
(0) 91 Mississippi 2007 ODP Region Camp (Mississippi)
(0) Lakeway Kickers 2007 Atlanta Cup (Tennessee)
(0) Lakeview Thunder 2007 Atlanta Cup (Louisiana)
(0) AFC Lightning 91 Premier 2007 Atlanta Cup (Georgia)
(0) Cobb FC Premier 91 2007 Atlanta Cup (Georgia)
(1) Concorde Fire 2007 Atlanta Cup (Georgia)
(0) Empire United 2007 CASL Tournament USSF Academy Friendly (New York)
(2) Richmond Kickers 2007 USSF Academy (Virginia)
(2) Richmond Strikers 2007 USSF Academy (Virginia)
(1) CASL 2007 USSF Academy (North Carolina)
(0) Greensboro SC 2008 USSF Academy (North Carolina)
(1) CASL 2008 USSF Academy (North Carolina)
(0) North Meck SC 2008 USSF Academy (North Carolina)
(0) South Charlotte 2008 USSF Academy (North Carolina)
(0) North Meck SC 2008 USSF Academy (North Carolina)
(0) Greensboro SC 2008 USSF Academy (North Carolina)
(0) Carmel United 2008 USSF Academy (Indiana)

My stats During 2008:
Minutes Played / Goals Allowed / Team
320 / 1 / Bridge FA U16 USSF Academy
Totals: 320 Minutes Played, 1 Goal Allowed

My stats During 2007:
200 / 5 / Bridge FA U16 Development Academy
175 / 1 / Bridge FA U17 Atlanta Cup [Finalist]
40 / 0 / CASL Shootout (Academy) [Friendly]
350 / 6 / SC Olympic Development Program [Advanced to Region]
110 / 0 / Wando HS JV (AAAA) [West Ashley Tournament Champions]
Totals: 875 Minutes Played, 12 Goals Allowed

My stats During 2006:
420 / 4 / SC Olympic Development Program
100 / 1 (DFK) / CESA Premier U16 Score-at-the-Shore [Quarterfinalist]
140 / 3 / GSA Phoenix Red U16 Atlanta Cup [Semifinalist]
280 / 2 (1 PK) / Bridge FA 90 Red Charleston Cup [Champion]
80 / 2 (1 PK) / Bridge FA 90 Red South Carolina State Cup [Semifinalist]
905 / 7 / Wando HS JV (AAAA) [West Ashley Tournament Champions]
Totals: 1,925 Minutes Played, 19 Goals Allowed
Over the past two years I've played against the best players in the region at the top venues and, no matter what team I play for (Club, ODP, School), I've consistently demonstrated outstanding results: 0.75 GAA
My Contact Information is Available on My Website
Respectfully, Brendan Shumberger

Last edited by Brendan; 02/03/08 03:11 PM.
L
goal kick
goal kick
L
Yeah i've played with this kid. He can't make his high school team or even our cesa b team. Real good..

Hey stinks
G
throw in
throw in
G
Pretty harsh! Still, the ad for a free ride was a little bit over the top. If you are good, they will find you.

World Cup
World Cup
Every bit helps I imagine. Good luck during your recruiting, Brendan. Be sure to go through the clearinghouse to help speed up the process.

L
Goal
Goal
L
Nice marketing piece and hope that its gets you the results you looking for.

Don’t let the negative critics pull you down to their level.

Best of luck.

S
kick off
kick off
S
If you don't market yourself who will???

Probably should email this to college coaches where he'd like to attend. Can't hurt

goal
goal
All that money your parents have spend and you've paid to play at Bridge and you have to promote yourself??? I'm confused!! Whats is the purpose of playing at these super clubs and you have to promote yourself on a message board. Sounds to me that super clubs are overrated and cash cows!!!!

A SHARK ATE ME YES THEY DESERVE TO DIE AND I HOPE THEY BURN IN HELL
I
goal
goal
I
Wow, yes they derserve to die and burn in hell.

B
goal kick
goal kick
B
Wow, someone has a chip on the 'ol shoulder. Do you have a child that didn't make a "super club?" Have you seen the USSF Academy League matches? Great level and concept and, yes, college coaches travel and are at the matches.

But, NOTHING guarantees a player will be liked by a coach or coaches: league name, money, club, coach, players around them, etc.

Like beauty, talent is in the eye of the beholder.

goal
goal
Sounds like a bad return on investment if a player isn't recruited.

A SHARK ATE ME YES THEY DESERVE TO DIE AND I HOPE THEY BURN IN HELL
M
corner kick
corner kick
M
You never know. The second best goalie in the state might be on the bench behind the best goalie in the state. I give the kid a lot of credit for trying to make his dream come true. Good Luck.

Disclaimer: I have no idea who he is.

M
brace
brace
M
Agreed. If it weren't for his club experience and investment he wouldn't have the ability to promote such outstanding accomplishments. Tournaments and ODP are great for exposure, but as anyone who has had the opportunity to listen to collegiate coaches speak knows, every single one of them say they want as much information on a player as they can get. Resumes, videos, etc. are all welcome. Use of the web to reach coaches all over the country is not only smart, it's efficient for the player and the coaches who come across his posting.

Best of luck to you sir for having the confidence in yourself to reach for the next level in a professional and well organized manner.

Imagine. Believe. Achieve.
C
Brace
Brace
C
Post deleted by Coach J

Last edited by Coach J; 03/14/08 05:07 PM.
J
bench
bench
J
Ouch....that would hurt

Last edited by justwanttoplay; 03/14/08 04:25 PM.
S
throw in
throw in
S
While advertising one's self on a message board that few college coaches read is one way of getting the word out, the NUMBER ONE way of accomplishing your goal is to pick out the colleges you are interested in (being practical-DI and/or DII) and writing the coach an e-mail expressing interest and attaching a comprehensive bio to the e-mail.
If you wait to be recruited, in most cases it won't happen. Stay on the coaches as time passes, giving them updates on your performance. Also, be sure to attach a copy of your league and high school schedules. You will hear something early next fall when they are out beating the bushes for recruits.
Also, the higher your grades and SAT scores, the more looks you will get. They want to meet the academic expectations for their conference AND win games.
Good luck.

B
Brendan Offline OP
bench
OP Offline
bench
B
I appreciate all of these comments and have been in direct contact with many coaches across the country. As Manchester stated, marketing is good and the internet is efficient [I just took a marketing class at Wando - Ha!]. I pay for my training through part time work and Bridge Fa has been a great experience in the US Soccer Academy and all. But, no matter what club your on, a coach wants to here from you and about you. I am registered in the Clearinghouse, done the SATs, Giggs: I never said I'm looking for a full ride, I just want to play in college and I'm looking for the right opportunity.

Brendan

Last edited by Brendan; 03/19/08 11:56 PM.
M
brace
brace
M
Brendan, please come back to this thread and expand on your experience once you've made a decision about where you'll play so others can learn more about what works and doesn't work.

Best of luck to you.

Brace
Brace
Is this the same kid that quit at Wando?

If so, geesh! I would not want a quitter on my team. You can have all the club (pay to play) stats that you want, but if you cannot be the top keeper on your high school team, then you must not be as elite as you believe.

"I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles"
G
throw in
throw in
G
Brendan: No disrespect meant. I actually admire your dedication to the sport and your pursuit of your dream. I wish you good luck.

G
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
G

do yourself two favors

find a good trainer
find a school you like and then see if they have a soccer team. Do it the other way around and end up not playing, you'll hate college.

M
goal kick
goal kick
M
find a good trainer? it doesnt get much better than dusty hudocks training

World Cup
World Cup
Quote:

do yourself two favors

find a good trainer
find a school you like and then see if they have a soccer team. Do it the other way around and end up not playing, you'll hate college.

The second point is very, very good. Take it from someone who knows

throw in
throw in
guardrail22: My name is Jade Davis.I am the Wando female varsity keeper and I also train with Dusty Hudock.Without his help over the years I would not have been able to verbally commit to Ole' Miss to be a 2009 keeper.So believe me when I say Dusty is one of the best,if not the best goalie trainer around.

And to you, Brendan, the best of Luck!!

Last edited by FutbolMadness; 03/29/08 10:27 PM.
G
goal kick
goal kick
G
SCSOCCER isn't a website to promote yourself kid.

World Cup
World Cup
I think that is exactly the point of the website. Promote the teams in SC and the kids that play for them.

F
bench
bench
F
Brendan,
First I would like to say that I have viewed your web page and it is impressive by any measure. Then I would like to apologize for some of the adults on this forum who, for whatever reason, do not support your efforts. You appear to be what all teens should aspire to be. You are obviously dedicated to soccer AND to your future. I'm confident your marketing strategies are exactly what a marketing expert would recommend - to get your name and information out using any means available to you. I wish you well in your quest to play soccer at the college that is most beneficial to you. I think few people who use this board can even imagine what your future holds. I'm sure it won't include pontificating about who the best player in South Carolina is, or who doesn't deserve what they got, or what kid shouldn't be promoting himself. Your obvious intelligence indicates that you have an extraordinary future ahead of you. Godspeed!

goal
goal
The only thing I want to know is how many people have ever heard/seen this kid before he posted this thread?

I wish you luck though!

G
goal kick
goal kick
G
nothing against brendan, but in my personal opinion, i don't think players should promote them self on a website

C
kick off
kick off
C
FutbolMadness: Dusty Hudock is indeed an incredible keeper. I think he should have been playing at the next level but he is getting up in age. I have trained with him along with Trinidad and Tobago National Keeper Michael Maurice and Tim Howard. Hudock is just as good as Howard, not sure about Michael Maurice but I wish he could have moved up

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard