Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13
Z
bench
bench
Z
Cates in a very high quality player. He has proven he is a good player by being selected for the ESP program, Region team and the national team.

He is def. in the top 5 best players in the state.
Paradise was a good player, best in state.. Not there, but he was great to play with

Here is my best players in State:

Enzo Martinez
Danny Cates
Daniel Lynch
Justin Watson
Joey Demare
Antwan Pariss
Austin Savage
Alex Martinez
Byron Quintonia

Anyone else??

All very quality players. This season is new, which means new nail bitter games and new best players. Can't Wait!

L
corner kick
corner kick
L
ehs,

the notion that cufc is as talented or has been as successful as other clubs is out there - despite the results, statistics, etc. they truly believe this.

one state championship in the past year, one premier league team having success, lexington having more or as much success, means nothing to them. and don't hand me that crap about the 18s doing well in the premier league. there were 6 teams and the best teams in that age group were in the academy, not premier league. heck, discoveries won as many state cups and they are a one horse show.

how do you explain this self confidence/"closing the gap" when the younger players put jv soccer over club?

E
goal kick
goal kick
E
truly believe what? i never said they werent talented. I was refuting the statement tha thier 18 team had the most talent out out of the cufc, lex, cesa u-18 trio. like previously someone posted the entire cufc player roster. Might as well post both the lex and cesa u-18 rosters. This is a best playe in the state forum, not a team selection. i was just arguing the fact that the entire roster was posted i wasnt arguing that they care about that becasue i dont really care about that

one can be beaten, two can defend themselves, but a a strand of three is not easily defeated
??? Offline
goal kick
goal kick
ok ok ok, CUFC is made up of 18 very good players...their subs are just as good as their starters and everyone plays the same amount of the time. In the case of Lexington...they have many excellent players but their bench is not nearly as strong as CUFC's.So even though Lexington has some very good players, they also have some very weak players. And in the case of CUFC, there are no weaknesses. I dont play for either of these teams so i feel that i have an unbias and fair opinion

C
kick off
kick off
C
i agree ??? cufc definetly has the edge in the total team. lexington owns the advantage in standouts. having seen both in action, i think lexington has better team chemistry. having played against cesa premier i can honestly say that theyre not far behind either. obviously, with them winning state, we can argue that they are the better team

back to the discussion topic. i think enzo certaintly is the best player in the state, but with the departure of kropp, the gap has noticeably lessened. northwestern is too one dimensional this year. a contender for sure, but no runaway.

i dont know if anyones noticed, but i think enzos bread and butter are his distributing talents, and his mental edge. this kid is an example of a leader on the field, and one who exemplifies the team concept. i'd say hes sorta like the magic johnson of the high school soccer field.

Goal
Goal
I believe there is a separate forum for you clubbers.

??? Offline
goal kick
goal kick
Yeah u are right, but in all honesty, we need to just shut up and play. You know???

J
Brace
Brace
J
I'll throw my 2 cents in here. From an out of state perspective. I have no dog in the fight, so I will try to be objective. From the people that I have talked to up here, many of the good coaches, and I am talking about the Sockers, Magic, Eclipse and the Region II ODP coaches, they know more about Enzo than Danny Cates. They are more impressed by Enzo than Danny, etc... I would have to say that if you are getting recognition in Illinois, a well known soccer state, you are probably pretty darned good!

If you are going to argue a point, at least get factual information to back up your side.....
J
world cup
world cup
J
How is everything up there?

J
Brace
Brace
J
Yeah, its been fun here. I love attending NIU and then have people go off on a shooting rampage. At least I am student teaching this semester, so I am primarily off campus this semester. I did have a buddy that saw a couple of the injured people that made it to the book store, and he said it was surreal to see blood on the floor in the student center. At least everyone that I know were fine. There are a lot of people that are shaken up, and I can understand that. Classes for those on campus don't resume until the 25th, I will be back student teaching on Tuesday. Other than that, just been having fun in the snow and it is going to be a whopping -1 on Tuesday morning.

If you are going to argue a point, at least get factual information to back up your side.....
Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard