Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 13 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13
F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
You do not, you base it on the player's impact in the game.

Enzo obviously impacts the attacking game and the couple of times I saw him play midfield was OK

Cates impacts the defensive game a lot more and can play any position on the field.

So If you were picking a team and both these players were available you would pick both one to play offense, one to play defense. If you could only pick one then it would depend on the rest of your team.

I pick Cates first to shore up the defensive unit and win balls. Enzo's skill would mean nothing if you cannot get him the ball.

J
Brace
Brace
J
sG, I would be serious. Until you can figure out a way to compare apples to oranges, we are just stuck to figure out which one is better. They are both awesome athletes, but how do you compare? I don't have an association to either school, so I would have a somewhat unbiased opinion. Although I am not a fan of the Cates dad...he is rather arrogant.

Last edited by Soccerboy; 02/18/08 06:44 PM.

If you are going to argue a point, at least get factual information to back up your side.....
goal
goal
I don't think I've ever seen Enzo play defense. I've always seen him attacking.

A SHARK ATE ME YES THEY DESERVE TO DIE AND I HOPE THEY BURN IN HELL
goal
goal
Did Enzo score in the state championship game last year??

goal
OP Offline
goal
No he did not score in the state championship. He had 8 total goals in the playoffs though.

And saying "you can't compare players who play different positions" is true in a lot of sports with but everyone does it anyways!

C
kick off
kick off
C
guys why are we even comparing cates to enzo? it sounds like we're admitting that danny is the second best player in the state, which hes not. how about sebastian to enzo or something.?

its like this. against dutch fork last year, danny wasnt even the player who stood out the most. all that man does is shield the ball, and play a long ball down the line for his forwards. like literally. on the field, i was way more inclined to say that ryan martin was a more dangerous player and contributor.

enzo is the best player. why is this discussion still occurring? seriously?

brian pryzbela from sumter high graduated in 05. he was the nastiest defender ive ever played against. hes one of the best players ive ever played against. he was FAR superior to danny cates in a defensive role. and like cates, could play all over the field. even goalie a few games i heard. he got recruited by usc, but got a DUI and his scholarship revoked. but moving on, he would own cates. my point here is that as far as im aware, brian wasnt an all american, or on the national team or anything. he was on the state team that played the nc high school state team at the end of the season, which was very well deserved, and scored a goal in that game. from defense. think about that. it wasnt a pk or set play. the man went down the entire field and scored.

anyways, hes better than danny. way better. enzo is one of the only players id put ahead of brian. and thats because of a mental edge.

sG Offline
corner kick
corner kick
Mr Jackson, Enzo is a tenacious defender. He started out in Uruguay playing sweeper but when he got here coaches made the switch to forward. Would have been interesting to see how good of a defender he would of been if it was his first calling...haha

One Time!
M
throw in
throw in
M
enzo still comes back and plays defense. i don't know if they still play a 4-3-3 but in years past he has done a good job of coming back and helping the midfield defend from the forward position. coach wren has also put him in the midfield at times where he defends well.

goal
OP Offline
goal
Yes Enzo did play defense in Uruguay before being moved to forward in the United States. sG, you must know Enzo personally as well!

goal
goal
So which one is more likely to succeed at the next level beyond college?? I'm thinking neither if they stay in the US!!

Page 8 of 13 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard