L
mpsc = george strait
bridge = candyman

kick off
kick off
Quote:

mpsc = george strait
bridge = candyman

Please elaborate. I understand the = being on the board, but don't get this one.

K
goal kick
goal kick
K
I decided to start posting because I've heard from a few folks in the Lowcountry that MPSC was having really positive talks with BFA but the MP Rec. Dept. makes the big decisions and squashed it all. Then MPRD's soccer person (Christi) is in the resignation process of her position. Then CESA gets this Summerville gig, Now, folks say today there is chatter about the MPSC DOC (Aven) being in line with CESA's gig down there or even leaving MPSC to join.

Except for the last point, all the other rumors became facts. Why not the last one? Does all this tie in? Or, are there talks with MPSC and CESA, instead of BFA? All this seems too coincidental to not be related. Is anyone in the Lowcountry closer to the situation down there to follow-up these tidbits?

corner kick
corner kick
I know nothing about the talks, but as some people have mentioned, MPSC is a facet of the Mount Pleasant Recreation Department and therefore of the Town of Mount Pleasant. Regardless of whether or not Christi or Jeremy or anyone else in Mt. P want to join BFA or make any sort of arrangement, the final call is up to the Town and whoever in the hierarchy of the government is there to make that decision. As with any government, no one is going to okay a loss of potential revenue without serious pulling of teeth. Right now, the fields and fees all belong to Mt. P and its coaches, the Piggly Wiggly and Classic tournaments in the fall and winter belong to Mt. P along with all the revenue they bring into the area through the teams staying at hotels, sightseeing, and eating at restaurants. Now, granted, all of that involves a lot of bureaucracy and paperwork and legwork, but any time you see $$ in a government, people tend to get slap-happy.

Along with that, MPSC has one heck of a U11 girls elite team right now and I'm not sure about the boys side, so there may be hopes that the player pool is turning around and people may be less willing to join or ally with another club if things could turn around.

The way I see it, MPSC soccer on the challenge side would probably have to hit total rock bottom (so that it's incredibly visible to the bureaucrats) and an alliance with BFA would have to include one hell of a financial and recognizable benefit to the Town of Mount Pleasant (getting them the same or more fiscal gain) before they would be willing to part with any part of their programs.

Unfortunately, the risk of working with a government is that even if you have local heads whose main interest is the children, the further up you travel the totem pole, the less concern they have for the quality of soccer and the players.

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; [it] is also what it takes to sit down and listen.
C
Goal
Goal
C
Maybe there will be some loose lips this weekend during the Bridge Invitational at Summerville Soccer Club.

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
Hey!!! my Crystal ball came alive....

Look at the Schedule for the Fall 08

CESA Premier vs Cesa Columbia Premier 1PM
CESA Challenge vs CESA Summerville Premier 3 PM
CESA Classic vs CESA Rock Hill Challenge 5 PM
CUFC vs CESA (take your pick) 9 AM

Overhead at the practice fields at BB&T....
"Hey Coach!!! who we playing this weekend???"
"CESA"
"which one?"
"Does it matter?"

The State October, 2008

"The South Youth Soccer Association board has advised that the error in the new logo is a honest mistake. However due to the costs associated with making the correction, it will leave as is.

The new logo sports the letters SCESA. Apparently the error was introduced by the printer whose children play in the local club and was unaware that it had a Y in lieu of an E"

B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
On the NC soccer forum there has been some interesting chatter that their beach clubs are getting together to form a US Club based alliance that will petition USSF for an Academy program. Participating clubs are Cape Fear, Port City and I think OCSA from NC.....and also Coast FA from SC.

Now, given that NC already has 4 Academy programs no one is giving them much of a chance. But is it possible that USSF would slide the Bridge slot up the coast a few hours if Bridge struggles organizationally?

How have their Academy teams done?

C
Goal
Goal
C
Post deleted by Lowcountry Attack

B
goal
goal
B
Big Daddy,

Currently the U16's are 2nd in the Atlantic conference to CASL, 12-1-2. CASL has 3 games in hand with Bridge at 12-4-2.

Currently the U18's are 6 of 8 in the Atlantic conference.

Play is on break until May.

Bear #94181 04/11/08 06:43 PM
L
corner kick
corner kick
L
george strait has been able sustain longevity whereas candyman was a one hit wonder

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard