Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
kick off
kick off
Quote:

And what is a "club management contract?"

Second question: so "Bridge" is no longer an alliance program but an independent and competitive soccer program that competes for players with SSC?

Good questions. No other details were given other than those in my previous post. At this time, there is nothing on the websites for CESA, SSC nor BFA.

Looking forward to hearing how SSC/CESA and BFA are moving forward.

B
goal
goal
B
Quote:

Quote:

Exploring adding additional programs for boys & girls.

Second question: so "Bridge" is no longer an alliance program but an independent and competitive soccer program that competes for players with SSC?

Over the last couple of years, the exploring of additional programs is what really set Bridge and SSC at odds, i.e. the bridge academy program below U13. So in essence, for some time now, many have felt it hasn't been an alliance at all.

Quote:

Quote:

From Clark to team managers.

CESA is not people

The perception in the lowcountry, Bridge is Clark, and CESA is Pearse and Andrew. So for many, it's not about organizational programs and affiliations, but rather it boils down to personal affiliations with people.

Bear #94164 04/11/08 02:24 PM
C
Goal
Goal
C
I still think MPSC is the wild card in all of this. They have the field space for Bridge. MPSC has the numbers to feed Bridge teams. MPSC has not been able to attract the elite olders players to their club. They have been playing at Bridge or CESA. I'm not saying it will happen, but an alliance with MPSC may be in the works.

kick off
kick off
Understandably there was doubt of the CESA/SSC connection.

The use of Clark's name was to add credit to the post that CESA was awarded the club contract with SSC.

B
kick off
kick off
B
Lowcountry,
Two questions: Isn't there animosity between the two power structures at MPSC and Bridge.

Second, doesn't the town of Mt. Pleasant have some say in this and how does their role impact this decision?

atl
kick off
kick off
Quote:

Lowcountry,
Two questions: Isn't there animosity between the two power structures at MPSC and Bridge.

Second, doesn't the town of Mt. Pleasant have some say in this and how does their role impact this decision?

Again, good questions.

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
And what about Khoury starting his Daniel Island SC?

C
Goal
Goal
C
Quote:

Lowcountry,

I do think there has been and may be some animosity at the top levels of these two clubs. I also think MPSC is aware that they have been losing their elite palyers. MPSC has lost its swagger in the challange and premier leagues.

Regarding #2, I don't know.

S
coach
coach
S
Question: For several years now, people have taken potshots at MPSC for not joining Bridge. What would be different now that would lead to an alliance? Specifically, what would Bridge now offer that it couldn't or didn't offer before -- or what would MPSC see as the advantage that wasn't there before?

kick off
kick off
Diluted player pool, diluted player pool, diluted player pool. And did I mention, DILUTED PLAYER POOL!!!

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard