C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Any score on Summerville and A.M.?

CJ Offline
Brace
Brace
Thank you Hurst...and Jack...and WE. I do appreciate the brotherhood of soccer guys here.

Last edited by oppressed emotions; 02/14/08 01:47 AM.
CJ Offline
Brace
Brace
Cantona,
I look forward to our trip up to your place Friday. But tell me, is Steve's team really as good as I am hearing? Are they a threat to keep the Viking Cup in Spring Valley?

C
Brace
Brace
C
WA 2 Ridge View 0 Played Tue at WA

throw in
throw in
Mauldin 4 Greenwood 0

"Play every game with your whole heart as you never know if it is your last game"
S
coach
coach
S
Quote:

For those that have pm'ed me for a game report, here it is:

Lexington scored 4 goals, Airport scored 3 goals. Thus Lexington won the scrimmage. A good scrimmage for both teams.

For a more detailed report, I will let truefan and or Chico give their game reports.

Coach Morris: I'm sorry for the delay; I'm hoping to be able to spend more time on the message board in the near future.

I'm not smart enough to be able to write game reports on scrimmages. For me, it's like watching two people competing with one playing Scrabble and the other playing chess. ( To use a more apt metaphor, it's like the NFL preseason.) The goals and motivations of the two coaches (and even players) can be incredibly different. For example, it's difficult to tell whether all of the goals scored by a team were on the second-string players -- heck, it's difficult to tell how many minutes the first-team players get for both teams -- and not only the coaching objectives of preseason competition come into play but also the depth of the bench, the player evaluation process, and other issues.

This is the reason that I said on another thread that this was "just scrimmages" when someone noted Lexington and Irmo scrimmage results.

I did hear that Airport did a superb job with respect to intensity, both on the players' part as well as the crowd -- and were wonderful hosts.

C
Goal
Goal
C
emotions

Valley is always a strong team and one to look out for. I'm sure they will make a strong run in this years Viking Cup.

As far as Friday night goes,we are also looking forward to the match. I hope we can give a decent match.

World Cup
OP Offline
World Cup
I've heard of coaches that use scrimmage performances to make cuts. Personally, they help me to establish playing time, versatility, and pecking order.

M
corner kick
corner kick
M
I agree...I use scrimmages to see who fits where...and deserves the most playing time. A lot of times you will have players that amaze you in practice but you put them in the game situation and they just get lost. I like to use scrimmages to determine my game players, because sometimes practice is not enough.

World Cup
OP Offline
World Cup
Very true. Sometimes players just get results in games more so than practice as well. My two leading up to the VKC are evaulating scrimmages. After the VKC it becomes fine tuning.

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard